The fishing pools aren't great for contrast

As well as the green-on-green problem there is also the lack of clear demarcation of fishing pool, for those of us with less forgiving eyesight. The water rippling, which I have always appreciated as a nice elemental effect in this game, makes it a bit more difficult to see the boundaries. Then, in some light conditions, reflections can also interfere (I am playing with best performance, not prettiest game).

Is there an easy way to put some type of solid outline around the pool? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

As well as the green-on-green problem there is also the lack of clear demarcation of fishing pool, for those of us with less forgiving eyesight. The water rippling, which I have always appreciated as a nice elemental effect in this game, makes it a bit more difficult to see the boundaries. Then, in some light conditions, reflections can also interfere (I am playing with best performance, not prettiest game).

Is there an easy way to put some type of solid outline around the pool? 

This may be helpful (and maybe not) but you also get a tell above your character's head when you catch a fish (a red exclamation mark) if you have trouble seeing the ripples around the bobber.

Are you having problems seeing where to cast or finding them in the first place?

If the latter, leveling up fishing will get you the skill that marks them on the map for you.

If they do add a color circle, I would hope it would be an optional toggle in settings.

Edited by Gibson.4036

1 minute ago, Winola.8214 said:

Somewhere in the settings you can also turn on to display all interact-able object names. Doesn’t give you a boundary, but it will show you the middle of the pool and you can aim your target there when casting line. 

It's on the first page of the options menu. Along with options to show enemy, NPC and player names there's "Show All Usable Object Names".

I find it really useful because while my sight is fine (as long as I'm wearing my glasses) there's a lot of interesting and useful things I wouldn't notice if they weren't labelled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm having problems seeing the boundaries, I can see them fine on the map and see the text in the middle. When everyone's bobber is in the same pond near the same place, I find it hard to see which is mine, so would like to fish a bit away from the middle.

When I've missed my bobber I've also missed the symbol above my head and missed my catch 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 10:33 AM, Hesione.9412 said:

I'm having problems seeing the boundaries, I can see them fine on the map and see the text in the middle. When everyone's bobber is in the same pond near the same place, I find it hard to see which is mine, so would like to fish a bit away from the middle.

When I've missed my bobber I've also missed the symbol above my head and missed my catch 😞

There is an audio sting when the line is pulled. It's under the "UI Volume" sound. I've turned everything off except that because I have similar problems.

Edited by Miss Lana.5276