If you beat the Dragon's End meta for the Turtle mount - your headache isn't over just yet.

• Kelly.7019 changed the title to If you beat the Dragon's End meta for the Turtle mount - your headache isn't over just yet.

I started Raiding recently and the content isn't as hard as it's made out to be. The real problem is the time it takes to learn the mechanics.

I'd definitely recommend checking if anyone has posted any video guides on the new strike cm mechanics.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, elrin.4750 said:

I also don't get it. I mean plenty of hard content already for the toxic folks.

Anet, hard content is already available for the toxic folks, why are your bring it to open-world (thus bringing along the toxic players with it)?

It's just frustration carrying over some of the players have been trying to complete the meta over 20 tries. I think as more people learn the mechanics it will be easier to find organized groups.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

The collection process wouldn't be nearly as hard if the scaling was properly done. For certain meta events; players are either asking other players to move to another instances or are trying to find low population ones to avoid how bad the scaling can get. Plus given how buggy some of the metas can get; you can have a number of players who are already pissed that they put in all the time and waiting just for it to fail due to things out of their control. 

But; yeah- these types of things are not for everyone especially if they are disabled or have a learning issue.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, vegaroth.4023 said:

i guess time for me to start saving gold and buy the Strike carry.....    or just quit from getting that mount, it seems is not worth all the effort

Today I just made an LFG for that specfic strike, people joined and made a fast comp whoever can play heal, quick, alac rest is whatever (DPS, but I haven't got arcDPS). It was the first time for 1 or 2 people and we did it the first try.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Banryuu.2156 said:

Today I just made an LFG for that specfic strike, people joined and made a fast comp whoever can play heal, quick, alac rest is whatever (DPS, but I haven't got arcDPS). It was the first time for 1 or 2 people and we did it the first try.

From my experience in regard to these debates its not actually the difficulty that is the problem. 

It's moreso the feeling of being alienated by being pushed into instancesd content

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I agree with most sentiments regarding the meta.  Can't say  I do with the strike for collection.  I feel I'm just a little above average at playing, not an elite or even close to it.  I pugged the strike for the collection 5 people in the group said they never did it before so it made 6 noobs counting me.   We failed first attempt and got it on the second try.  I found maw to be harder to get because of the scaling and I was very surprised at how many people didn't know the mechanics of maw..  Just my 2 cents here.

Edited by danielrjones.8759
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, danielrjones.8759 said:

I agree with most sentiments regarding the meta.  Can't say  I do with the strike for collection.  I feel I'm just a little above average at playing, not an elite or even close to it.  I pugged the strike for the collection 5 people in the group said they never did it before so it made 6 noobs counting me.   We failed first attempt and got it on the second try.  I found maw to be harder to get because of the scaling and I was very surprised at how many people didn't know the mechanics of maw..  Just my 2 cents here.

U are luck because its first week, than have others like.

Wait 2 months when Strikes LFG will be as we know "Be Meta or kick" or requiring Bonneskinner currency as proof.

The EoD will be very punishing to late arrivals.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, danielrjones.8759 said:

I had a group just like yours. 6 attempts and failed every one of them.

Gave up for that day, tried it the next day and got it on the first try.

Your luck can really change with the group you're playing. Your experience is not everyone's experience. And my experience is not everyone's experience either. But I would still error on the side of caution and suggest that the strike mission requirement be changed because that's not gonna be possible for some people, whether it's inexperience, a lack of understanding of the mechanics, maybe even some real world stuff that affects gaming ability.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, that's what LFG is going to look like; that's what LFG has always looked like, especially in NA. If you want to learn strikes/raids/CM fractals you generally have to have a friend or look for a guild willing to teach ya.

I haven't done Strike 3 yet myself, so I can't speak to how easy or difficult it is yet. Managed to 2-man the first boss phase with my bf, but we couldn't get past add phase with just 2 of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

I started Raiding recently and the content isn't as hard as it's made out to be. The real problem is the time it takes to learn the mechanics.

I'd definitely recommend checking if anyone has posted any video guides on the new strike cm mechanics.

A lot of what is defined as "hard content" isn't all that hard, people keep saying the new meta is too hard but it really isn't, it's just new and a lot of people don't know it very well and there are other issues with it being too easy for a single person to mess up, either by accident or deliberately to annoy people.

I do not believe nor agree with people who say players are bad at the game because they can't beat X meta or they can't raid etc.
All of Gw2's content can be beaten by anyone, even with inefficient builds, hell even with bad builds it can be done.
They key element that most players who fail are missing is experience and familiarity with the mechanics.
Once they have that even if they are on a much lower skill level and not min maxing DPS, they can still beat the content.
I believe Anet also think this true as well and their data probably backs that up, which is why I think they designed the new strikes around the new story content and why they are resisting calls to nerf the new Meta and have so far stated that they believe success rates will improve over time as more people learn how the fight works.

I am confident enough in Gw2's casual players to believe that it will.
Although I do still agree with people that there are still some issues with this meta event that do need addressing.
One being the amount of time that is needed to wait between attempts and another being the potentially devastating RNG elements regarding the bosses attack patterns and certain phases.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 11

5 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

Aren't strike missions intro to raiding anyways?

That was the sentiment when they started, the first boss of the first Strike had some mechanics, but you could actually ignore them and just DPS down the boss with any group comp, might not get Gold, but was enough for Bronze reward...as usual, a obnoxious minority of the playerbase("hardcore" players) started memeing how easy it was and stuff like that, and never grasped the basic concept that that Strikes were supposed to be easy and work as a bridge to higher dificulties to slowly train the playerbase to Raid level content, so Anet dialed up the dificulty all the way to 11 with the next ones, like the Boneskinner and the big part of the playerbase faced a big wall...instead of going to easy-normal-hard kind of stuff, it went from braindamage lv difficulty to git gud casual lv difficulty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Felipe.1807 said:

That was the sentiment when they started, the first boss of the first Strike had some mechanics, but you could actually ignore them and just DPS down the boss with any group comp, might not get Gold, but was enough for Bronze reward...as usual, a obnoxious minority of the playerbase("hardcore" players) started memeing how easy it was and stuff like that, and never grasped the basic concept that that Strikes were supposed to be easy and work as a bridge to higher dificulties to slowly train the playerbase to Raid level content, so Anet dialed up the dificulty all the way to 11 with the next ones, like the Boneskinner and the big part of the playerbase faced a big wall...instead of going to easy-normal-hard kind of stuff, it went from braindamage lv difficulty to git gud casual lv difficulty.

Just for clarification, there where easier strikes then boneskinner released at the sama time. you have the easy-normal-hard kind of stuff

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

It's easier then the Dragon's End Meta but your casual pve'ers are going to have nightmares from this collection.

Nah meta currently is worst part of turtle collection and not because some uber hardcore difficulty, but because RNG.

Unlike DE strike is actually challenging and not RNG fest. Did it myself with pugs, after few wipes and bug we did it relatively painlessly. No bitching, or moaning(apart when it bugged out once XD).

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

@ugrakarma and castlemanic.  I agree, I was lucky to get in a very chill group.  We all went in expecting it to be a learning experience.  No one in the group gave any instructions which makes me wonder if anyone in the group really knew the fight.  We learned as went. From past experiences I know not all pugs go that way.   Had a friend who tried the same strike later that day and said they tried 6-7 times and couldn't get through.  He got it the next day with another pug.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Just for clarification, there where easier strikes then boneskinner released at the sama time. you have the easy-normal-hard kind of stuff

It did? From what I heard, both Fraenir and the bears were a big jump in dificulty from the first strike...I personally only did the Boneskinner with a all new group(was the only option anyway, as experience players demand kill proofs lol), was a hellish experience and had to replace enough people for 3 squads(lack of time/frustration of some players).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2