display name change

As u can all see, my name is freaking long chain of numbers due to sync my GW1 with GW2 account.

And for the past month I've been trying to reach support to change it, but with no luck. They keep closing my tickets with same message. I don't care abt in game problems with guilds/group chats and whatever stupid reasons they claim, I want it change. Ofc they won't tell me if my chosen name is already occupied. 

It's a simple name change, what can be so hard abt it kitten.

The most annoing thing is this closing tickets without any possibility to continue correspondency, each time u gotta submit new ticket with all your data.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, 824E8762-B366-8556-63CB-EA9EE0278AF9.4573 said:

As u can all see, my name is freaking long chain of numbers due to sync my GW1 with GW2 account.

And for the past month I've been trying to reach support to change it, but with no luck. They keep closing my tickets with same message. I don't care abt in game problems with guilds/group chats and whatever stupid reasons they claim, I want it change. Ofc they won't tell me if my chosen name is already occupied. 

It's a simple name change, what can be so hard abt it kitten.

The most annoing thing is this closing tickets without any possibility to continue correspondency, each time u gotta submit new ticket with all your data.

Your account name looks like a CD key, which is pretty strange. 

2 hours ago, obastable.5231 said:

It's a known bug. And support can solve this, so I don't know why tickets are getting closed in this case.
I got the same issue at my second account and support fixed it for me. There are some risks so I chose not to make any characters or join guilds before the name change to make sure everything would be correctly linked to my new account name.

9 hours ago, obastable.5231 said:

It's not a 'CD key', nor a Serial Key. It's the computer's UNID.

OP, you can reopen a 'closed' ticket by responding to the email sent.  Probably best to do so on the original ticket response.  You can also email the CS Team at support@arena.net.

Good luck.