My dear ArenaNet!

On 3/23/2022 at 8:58 PM, Redfeather.6401 said:

It's weird how virtually every hero point was just a commune location. I am guessing resources are tight nowadays.

I'm not a developer but as a passionate long-term patron I just sincerely question more of their decisions this expansion than I don't, even given the circumstances and a lack of resources. I really think the layoffs awhile back took a huge toll on them or something. I think there was a lot of restructuring and chaos before the layoffs but I think the layoffs mid season 4 really took a toll whether it be the people that left or the general morale and psychological impact it may have in an already highly-competitive and usually underpaid career. 

But I think my biggest issue is that they're consistently inconsistent, and when they attempt to resolve one of those inconsistencies it seems to result in a smaller scope, less resource intensive solution every time. Which is great for rapid production and being able to organize and improve content, but the problem is that while this is happening it feels like even those start to become too resource intensive. 

I totally understand the move from Raids to Strikes. I don't get:

Abandoning dungeons for fractals, then adding raids, then nearly abandoning both in favor of a one boss, one room encounter, that often reuses story mission assets. We keep getting smaller in scope. We keep finding ways to cut back on resources spent for this one particular gamemode as an example, and what do we wind up with? A one boss encounter with repurposed story assets and a vendor that sells some combat tonics and a fancier version of the saltspray weapons.

1. Why we still have crafting materials added into the game with no bank storage or ability to deposit.

2. Why we have the ability to change our jade bot core from the hero menu but for some reason have to attach modules and chips at a workbench.

3. Why we have a convoluted fishing system with the pole, lures, and bait with bait that works like a gathering tool, a minigame, a bait and day/nighttime minigame, and having to go to a specific kind of vendor to purchase these items despite it being a gamewide implemented feature. 

4. Why we have a new siege turtle mount that outside of jade brotherhood shield interaction seems like it had little thought put into its implementation in these maps. I.e. Hidden areas/treasure chests hidden by rubble or reusing the open world siege aspect of Drizzlewood that would let the turtle really shine. I mean it was a major selling point of the expansion, right? So why did we gate its access behind one of the most challenging meta boss encounters this game has ever seen and we're just now 2 weeks into the expansion getting an "open access" button at least allowing it to be used by non-party members? 
5. Why Catalyst? In general? Why? Honestly, to any of that mess.
6. Why 2 expansions and multiple living story seasons later we still have collection events that are completely halted because of bugged events. It's been a pretty big pain point for years and I know it's probably not something that's easily testable in a development environment but I wonder if having open world events so closely coupled with achievements/collections is just maybe not worth the risk?

Just soooo many questionable decisions in so many different aspects this time around for me. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

Abandoning dungeons for fractals

For example they can add a CM-mode in dungeons and ofc - lvl-up awards for it completition! Or maybe... how about rechange armor/weapon sets from dungeons and rechange it to asc-equip but ofc rechange a recieve-system too

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Could you type that sentence again alittle clearer please.

For example: U buy exotic Arah weapon... keep it... than u go to Arah, loot some kind of new reagent for update u exotic Arah weapon.. Than loot some reagents (for example: 250 ectoplasm + 250 orichalum + 250 leystone) and update u Arah exotic weapon to Ascendend! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Didrich.3085 said:

For example: U buy exotic Arah weapon... keep it... than u go to Arah, loot some kind of new reagent for update u exotic Arah weapon.. Than loot some reagents (for example: 250 ectoplasm + 250 orichalum + 250 leystone) and update u Arah exotic weapon to Ascendend! 

Just transmute.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Didrich.3085 said:

Noway! I wanna more asc equipment! 

So you'd rather spend 50g+ to "upgrade" trash stat exotics?
250 ecto = 50g , sometimes more and 52g+
250 orichalcum ore = 11g or 250 orichalcum ingots = 22g
250 leystone? = (no such thing there is only leystone armor)

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended

• Most expensive ascended Harrier = 39g
  • Most expensive ascended Diviner's = 40g
  • Most expensive ascended Berserker's = 41g
  • Most expensive ascended Viper's = 42g
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

So you'd rather spend 50g+ to "upgrade" trash stat exotics?
250 ecto = 50g , sometimes more and 52g+
250 orichalcum ore = 11g or 250 orichalcum ingots = 22g
250 leystone? = (no such thing there is only leystone armor)

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/ascended

• Most expensive ascended Harrier = 39g
  • Most expensive ascended Diviner's = 40g
  • Most expensive ascended Berserker's = 41g
  • Most expensive ascended Viper's = 42g

Oh gosh.. its example brooo:D 

I wanna Dungeons remake! 

• Sad 1