Bladesworn is painful (PvE)

Zekent.3652

On 3/17/2022 at 5:40 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

Wonder how long til Anet cave on this. There is a "back peddle" on this realistically. 

Reinstate weapon swap

Return bursts

Make jade slash gunsabers burst ability, quater the damage and remove the cast time (stun will have to go with this also). 

Take PvE gunsaber ability CDs down to equal with PvP. And amp their damage. 

Will make it basically a core warrior with a 3rd weapon swap. But I can see Anet pulling it this way in the end when people eventually give up trying to make its current model work

Not going to happen, they are dying on this hill.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jaif.3518 said:

For me the turning point came when I learned to use 1-2-3 as needed, and to not always do a full charge.  If traited with #2, you have a stun doing big damage, potentially at range or via a charge.  It's a really powerful ability, and I think deserves the root and flow hurdle it has.

As for fighting other people, I saw this recently and had to laugh. 🙂

Thats awesome, if only i could just face players that dont attack me or connect hits, then im all set..

It's really not that bad. Some clever positioning and you are fine 90% of the time landing damage in PvE. Cleave is also quite massive and you are far more mobile than likes of Berserker - using DTrigger just for a quick uncharged #2 puts it only on 3s cd and doesn't consume flow. I saw people complaining about Bladesworn in Strike 4 or DE meta, but from my own experience I have higher uptime than on Berserker because of the mobility between sides of the platform and ability to pre-charge Triggers. Also, having on demand Aegis and Stability allows you to cheese some mechanics other Warrior specs couldn't without external support.

The only problem are bosses that move themselves, but I think the bottom Grandmaster could be redesigned (since now it's a dps loss and serves no purpose) to give some extra mobility/dodge in Dragon Trigger to amend this issue.

Edited by Rym.1469

3 hours ago, voodoo.7412 said:

nice for numbers like this https://ibb.co/s9L1msk

Oh yeah, that's the average damage of dragon slash (can reach better damage tho), and it's painful to loose such a big chunk of damage because of CC chain boss, big mobility boss, phasing (invul), weakness, etc. Which is not the case of berserker, your big chunk of damage doesnt comes from a single hit only.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Oh yeah, that's the average damage of dragon slash (can reach better damage tho), and it's painful to loose such a big chunk of damage because of CC chain boss, big mobility boss, phasing (invul), weakness, etc. Which is not the case of berserker, your big chunk of damage doesnt comes from a single hit only.

If we talk about the new Strikes the only place where I saw power Berserker doing better was bits of Strike 1 because Bsworn doesn't pack much CC. Every single other encounter I did better or on par with power berserker as Bladesworn.

It really is a case of just knowing the fight and playing better. Maybe things change in CM, but for Normals you have all the tools to perform well.

On 3/8/2022 at 7:20 PM, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

CmC is overly careful of powercreep with these new e-spec, which is understandable but now we have wet noodle especs. 

They treat warrior like nuclear waste with extra precaution along with reviews and second looks. Literally any change they do to warrior, you can guarantee that it's going to be underdone and undercooked. Shooting for the stars is not their motto when it comes to warrior.

With other classes, they pump them full of steroids then walk off.

On 3/23/2022 at 6:51 PM, Rym.1469 said:

If we talk about the new Strikes the only place where I saw power Berserker doing better was bits of Strike 1 because Bsworn doesn't pack much CC. Every single other encounter I did better or on par with power berserker as Bladesworn.

It really is a case of just knowing the fight and playing better. Maybe things change in CM, but for Normals you have all the tools to perform well.

Bladesworn in harbringer temple? Are you a masochist? 😮

19 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

It's not bad, DT#2 and saber #5 allow for very good mobility and what you lose in DT uptime on jungle dragon head slams you make up by being able to cleave mobs and giants with dragon triggers. Even Slash outranges the goo they spawn. And you can instantly kill adds that spawn from edges with precharged slashes.

At first I too thought that BS would have major issues, but turns out if you know the fight and the boss itself doesn't move too much randomly you can plan around it and pull ahead.

DE meta should arguably be even more annoying for bladesworn, but it really isn't. You can consistently be top 1-3 dps as bannersworn because of your massive cleave and precharged triggers + mobility.

https://i.imgur.com/ISwr8Gb.png

Edited by Rym.1469

4 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

https://dps.report/Wqds-20220324-203609_void

HT is extremely easy on Bsw. The boss is literally a giant, stationary circle. 

I have to be honest, everyone who thinks Bsw is bad in PVE of all places has to be horrible at this game. There are places where it's worse than Berserker but in the overwhelming majority of cases (especially open world) its way stronger.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

Even less damage than 2, no, thanks.

Try 5 then.

Bladesworn rotation is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT:

1... oops boss moved, so 5, then 1.
Collect loot.

I know... kinda hard to remember.

Edited by Kichwas.7152
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

https://dps.report/Wqds-20220324-203609_void

HT is extremely easy on Bsw. The boss is literally a giant, stationary circle. 

I have to be honest, everyone who thinks Bsw is bad in PVE of all places has to be horrible at this game. There are places where it's worse than Berserker but in the overwhelming majority of cases (especially open world) its way stronger.

Never said its bad. In my eyes its just not fun to play in some situations. Literally anything can work in PvE, even catalyst and untamed.

6 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

Never said its bad. In my eyes its just not fun to play in some situations. Literally anything can work in PvE, even catalyst and untamed.

Fun is subjective. Unga bunga 300k hits are fun for me and there isn't much in PvE stopping you from doing that as me and Jzaku have stated.

It's easy to pick up and play, operates on logical priority system in PvE and decent depth with positioning and timing. Can be improved or made even more fun, but to me Bladesworn is the most successful elite design out of EoD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

So, this spec clearly needs 100% crit chance, why isn't it built like this? i mean, just like attacker's insight on spellbreaker, Guns and Glory could give bs some crit chance and higher uptime, 3s is too low, 5s could be fine.

Edited by Zizekent.2398

1 hour ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

So, this spec clearly needs 100% crit chance, why isn't it built like this? i mean, just like attacker's insight on spellbreaker, Guns and Glory could give bs some crit chance and higher uptime, 3s is too low, 5s could be fine.

Probably because it's already a meaningful choice to players:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burst_Precision

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Arms... come on xD.

Hey, that is a completely relevant answer here. I'm betting you will not see a 100% crit chance effect in BsW as long as a trait like this exists SOMEWHERE and I'm also betting Anet doesn't move it because some players think BsW needs better access to 100% crit chance (which I don't even believe is necessary). 

As a different perspective, the LAST thing that Dragon Triggers have problems with are damage and it's not hard to get a very high crit rate already so ... it's a throw away suggestion to request 100% crit chance on DT's IMO. If you really just want to land more burst damage, you're looking at Burst Mastery trait anyways because it's the Burst CD that holds it's DPS back, not how DT's work. 

BsW pain is all about breaking DT mode on moving. Nothing else. 

What is becoming more evident is that these specs are just toolsets; you need to choose the appropriate toolset for the encounters. Some encounters BsW will be good, some it won't. That's not a problem at all. Good players will know what tools are appropriate for the task.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

I'm salty about a lot regarding Bladesworn but what I don't like right now is that its a spec about bullets and they couldn't synergize it better with rifle. They took away [Killshot] for goodness sake, the literal most fun part of using rifle.

It seems to me that they think taking away F1 from warrior is equal to changing thief [Steal] or changing necro's lifeforce into other things. [Dragon Trigger] has to equal to everything we would lose in losing F1 and I don't think it gives enough to justify losing our core burst. I admit its close but not close enough.

• Thanks 1