[Spoilers] Marjory's Looking Back Achievement

Zola.6197

Just finished this and wanted to say it was really beautiful. I loved how much screentime Marjory got this expansion, and her collection was a great way to put a button on her character growth.

And we got to meet her sisters, finally! That made me so excited.

Thanks for including this very poignant and bittersweet resolution. It's moments like these that really make the characters and their stories meaningful to me.

EDIT: For those who have finished, Mireille and Elyse show up in Arborstone afterward and have some fun voiced and unvoiced dialogue!!!! 😄

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Zola.6197 said:

Just finished this and wanted to say it was really beautiful. I loved how much screentime Marjory got this expansion, and her collection was a great way to put a button on her character growth.

And we got to meet her sisters, finally! That made me so excited.

Thanks for including this very poignant and bittersweet resolution. It's moments like these that really make the characters and their stories meaningful to me.

EDIT: For those who have finished, Mireille and Elyse show up in Arborstone afterward and have some fun voiced and unvoiced dialogue!!!! 😄

I couldn't agree more 😄 ! The character growth for Jory and kasmeer on this expansion was amazing and thx for that Anet. The story is great and this collection was well done. I just wished this was repeatable. Or at least that there was a recap of it at the end, cause if you don't capture the moment it is gone forever 🥴

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FilliaCopt.4586 said:

I couldn't agree more 😄 ! The character growth for Jory and kasmeer on this expansion was amazing and thx for that Anet. The story is great and this collection was well done. I just wished this was repeatable. Or at least that there was a recap of it at the end, cause if you don't capture the moment it is gone forever 🥴

I made sure to take screenshots. 😉

The monument remains in Dragon's End though once you exit the instance!

1 hour ago, DragonGoddess.8974 said:

I wonder if you can help me with the last section of this. I can't find her on the Dragon's End map.  I know all the locations but she isn't there.  is there a prerequisite for her to appear, like the meta needs completing?

Yes, it says in the achievement that you need to find her after the (successful) completion of the Dragon’s End meta, so you have to go to those places in the 15 minute window after a successful completion.

Of note, two of the three steps in Dragon’s End are slightly mixed up in the achievement UI, so it will check off the wrong step at one point, but you can still proceed with the collection as normal.

Word of warning, the final step of the collection is a small instance. If you go into the instance you won’t be able to get back to your map, so make sure you do everything you need to in post-meta DE before finishing the last step of Looking Back!

Edited by Zola.6197
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A question:  Can you do the DE map parts on an alt that hasn't completed the story?  I know I needed my story-done alt to find Marjory in Arborstone, but I'm trying to bring a new profession to DE each time so I can get collection items.  If I have to do a run on my Daredevil again, I will, but I'd prefer not to repeat the meta on him if I can avoid it.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just finished this yesterday. I wanted to say how much appreciate this story. I tried to explain it to a friend but kept choking up with emotion. (Eventually finished.)

I have to wonder if the devs would have done this if there'd been no pandemic. Given all the losses people have suffered the last two years, I expect this story will resonate with quite a few people. Thanks, a-net!

BTW, does anyone know what the marking around Mireille's right eye is? Scar, birthmark, tattoo?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Reysa.7913 said:

BTW, does anyone know what the marking around Mireille's right eye is? Scar, birthmark, tattoo?

I assume the simplest explanation is the correct one, so I take it for a scar. Probably just added to give a relatively minor character a little extra mystique.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 5:43 PM, Donari.5237 said:

A question:  Can you do the DE map parts on an alt that hasn't completed the story?  I know I needed my story-done alt to find Marjory in Arborstone, but I'm trying to bring a new profession to DE each time so I can get collection items.  If I have to do a run on my Daredevil again, I will, but I'd prefer not to repeat the meta on him if I can avoid it.

You can! I've only done the full story on one character, and I did Looking Back on a completely different one.