Unknown UI elements showing up when loading in but vanish quickly.

That clearly looks like a very glitched version of the fishing minigame UI. I have never seen it like that myself but i assume you are on a free to play or core account since you XP bar doesn't show mastery progess so it might have something to do with that. Also it looks like you have generaly very low settings which might play into it aswell.

• Confused 1

Happens to me as well. Vista cinematics, as well as the map cinematic when listening to scouts talk about nearby renown hearts, cause this to show up for a split-second.

4 hours ago, Glott.7239 said:

[....] assume you are on a free to play or core account since you XP bar doesn't show mastery progess so it might have something to do with that. Also it looks like you have generaly very low settings which might play into it aswell.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm on a paid account, have HoT and PoF but not EoD, and I play with all high graphics settings, and it still happens to me. (I also don't have the DX11 beta turned on, if that's a factor.)

This is happening to me too.

https://i.imgur.com/NbnhMcM.jpg

And it is indeed the fishing UI. If one views and cancels vistas quickly with Escape, the fishing power and fishing party bonus icons can sometimes be seen. 

Hiding the UI with Ctrl+Shift+H prevents it from appearing altogether, which makes sense since it's clearly a glitching UI element.

Using -verify and -repair did not address the issue.

It is happening in both dx9 and dx11 and regardless of graphics settings.
I'm pretty sure it isn't a problem with the graphics card either, as I'm experiencing no such glitch in any other game, and I have installed a wide variety of games that use direct x from 7 to 12 with a variety of engines.
I did not see any issues in dxdiag either, other than the fairly common RADAR_PRE_LEAK_ errors which happened also in other games, none of which had any issues as mentioned.

So it is likely a problem with how the fishing UI is being rendered or stored in memory.

I'm guessing they do some sort of 'clear the screen of stuff before rendering the UI again' procedure after cinematics/loading screens, and there's something glitching the fishing UI in before it completes doing its thing.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...