Returning Gem store Armor Skins?

Solori.6025

If I remember correctly gem store skins are switched out about twice a year, usually in the spring and autumn. I think that's what they're doing now, but gradually - so all the skins that have been available for months are being removed and the ones which have been absent are coming back.

But to avoid overwhelming us they're doing it a few at a time. The promotions tab is already pretty long, and if they swapped everything at once there's a danger people would miss skins which are leaving (or not notice returning ones) because they just skimmed through the list.

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:I was out of the game for a while and now that I'm back I see lots of armor skins I'd like to get eventually. Strider's for one. But I can wait. If everything was available all the time, it wouldn't be so special. Sort of like Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

There is nothing "special" about logging in at the right time to be lucky to get the item you want, (except with seasonal items, those make sense). But I can see why they do it though. If a person is low on gold and the item they want is only available for a limited amount of time, that person is more likely to buy gems, than he would be if the item was available permanently.And on top of that it results in a lot of people browsing the store to see if a new item is available, some of those will most likely end up spending some money.It's just smart business. And they need that with no monthly fee's.

Archived