give weaponswap to bladesworn.

Bardock.4718

13 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I don't get why engi would want gunsaber when they have holo forge that is 10x better.

They got many traits that proc on explosions and their core main hand weapon are rifle and pistol. Without forgeting the everlasting GS lovers crew lurking around for the professions that have yet to get a greatsword.

4 hours ago, OminousClouds.4517 said:

Let's us delete all of warriors in our accounts, it's unplayable.

Wow ... I get people being unhappy ... but Bladesworn is unplayable? More like players be so bad they can't play it. 

My honest take ... it's  a decent performer in most situations EXCEPT when you have to play ranged. No we aren't likely to get a ranged build with it, unless you main Rifle (which can be done and does feel bad).

This is not good feedback; what we need to do is look at the options that address how they come up short on BsW, and explain why we need them. Definitely, forcing a build choice is a design deficiency because there are encounters Anet has purposefully created where ranged is necessary. Weapon swap MAY be a solution to that, but I doubt it's the one Anet would choose IF they address this deficiency.

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Wow ... I get people being unhappy ... but Bladesworn is unplayable? More like players be so bad they can't play it. 

My honest take ... it's  a decent performer in most situations EXCEPT when you have to play ranged. No we aren't likely to get a ranged build with it, unless you main Rifle (which can be done and does feel bad).

This is not good feedback; what we need to do is look at the options that address how they come up short on BsW, and explain why we need them. Definitely, forcing a build choice is a design deficiency because there are encounters Anet has purposefully created where ranged is necessary. Weapon swap MAY be a solution to that, but I doubt it's the one Anet would choose IF they address this deficiency.

You bring up a good point about ranged combat. This spec was given a pistol yet still struggles in ranged combat. Maybe modifying the pistol offhand skills could address this. I know there are people that want a mainhand pistol as well but that is a less likely solution as I simply don't see them doing that. Changing the way offhand pistol works and setting it up to address ranged combat could work. I'm not one of those numbers people who could tell you how it could change to solve this though. I just know I don't use the pistol in it's current form.

The only things that can threaten build variety on BSw are Tactical Reload and Unyielding Dragon. Tactical reload have an impact on too many things that the BSw rely on and that are "build defining". As for Unyielding dragon, it's just superior to the 2 other options (Why take immortal dragon when you can heal like crazy with Unyielding dragon and MMR? I get why someone would take Daring dragon but, objectively, it's not attractive enough).

15 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The only things that can threaten build variety on BSw are Tactical Reload and Unyielding Dragon. Tactical reload have an impact on too many things that the BSw rely on and that are "build defining". As for Unyielding dragon, it's just superior to the 2 other options (Why take immortal dragon when you can heal like crazy with Unyielding dragon and MMR? I get why someone would take Daring dragon but, objectively, it's not attractive enough).

You don't have much choice on the CC department either, since your weapon pool is reduced and gunsaber does not fill in any niches or is all rounder weapon. It is not much of a choice when you can't pull any other cc and it just so happens that it does 1k defiance breaker damage.

19 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't think it's such rocket science to play, it just feels bad to play even in open world when you can have in comparison with Spellbreaker or Berserker. I personally thought that people will stick with it for a long time just for the novelty, but it seems the practicality of the other 2 for the new content is better, it is kinda weird feeling when you are the commander of the squad as bladesworn and every other warrior is Berserker or Spellbreaker.

Then i thought to myself maybe its for instanced content and nope it demands a lot of moving and it does feel like you need a ranged weapon, the bosses seem quite damage spongy and the fights really drawn out which means that condi berserker might be king here.

Maybe when the Build sites pop a build people will start playing it more, but I think the "sacred" rotation will be terribly clunky and will require too many perfect conditions to scale up like the ele sindrome where the build might be able to push 40k damage under the right circumstances but we all know that rarely happens it is pushing less than a Reaper that is generally mashing gravedigger.
For some reason at the first beta i was thinking that they will pushing BS as the noob friendly entry to instance content where you just Dragon Slash with random abilities in between and still have relevant damage, and then they started to tune down the damage based on the top end and all the mechanical jank started to surface.    

On 3/12/2022 at 3:47 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

Bladesworn looks cool but to me the gameplay is just cumbersome and feels sluggish there is no traits that buff explosions on gunsaber yet its full explosive stuff in it and the worse part why i hate whole spec is the dragon trigger it wouldn't be awful if i could move but standing still loading your anime power attack feels like it belongs in a game like wow where you can just stand there while mobs wail on you.

• Thanks 1

If Firebrand is allowed to have access to all three tomes at the same time and weapon swap in combat, there is no valid reason for Junksworn to be locked into one weapon set and a kit that's barely on par with the worst weapons in the game.

And the Dragon Slashes are just worse bursts. Did they at least fix the hit boxes, or can they still be side-stepped and jumped over?

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If Firebrand is allowed to have access to all three tomes at the same time and weapon swap in combat, there is no valid reason for Junksworn to be locked into one weapon set and a kit that's barely on par with the worst weapons in the game.

And the Dragon Slashes are just worse bursts. Did they at least fix the hit boxes, or can they still be side-stepped and jumped over?

Nope.