It's been a week since our ISP is blocked by GW2 server in France.

Hey everyone, 

I'm making this post, to make things move a bit, because this is becoming annoying, and it seems that Anet support doesn't understand the issue. Maybe it will help a few people, in the same case as us, to understand what's wrong with their game. 

It's been a week since all of public IP delivered by Orange, a french ISP can't connect properly by GW2 servers. A good number of my guildmates, but also random people I met in the game, or in the forums are suffering from random disconnection, infinite loading, this kind of things. We all have something in common, our ISP, Orange. Everything worked fine until the 1st of March patch. It seems that the public IP given by Orange are blocked somewhere in the connection with GW2 servers, because when using a VPN we can play the game normally without issues. 

We have been sending tickets to support, but the only answer we've been given is that the issue comes from our side. 
The french moderator of the GW2 forum apparently knows of this issue and has been contacting the support as well a few days ago, but we remain without news until this day. 

If you speak french you can follow everything on this post : https://fr-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/6529-problème-de-connexion-informations-techniques-communiquées-solution-temporaire-existante/page/4/

There are solutions that seems to work temporarily until Anet fix it, but those are supposed to be temporary and we would really appreciate a fix now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in france with Orange and i got the same problem since day 1 of the release of EOD. The only fix that work for me is using my phone which is not using Orange provider as a wifi spot. The problem is for sure coming from GW2 and not orange 

I think this explains my issue as well. I am currently going back and forth with support who, after describing the situation, ended up telling me it's a high latency problem and that I should contact my ISP provider. Even though, in my opinion, it has nothing to do with my problem.

I started downloading the expansion on Feb 28 when it launched, fully expecting it to take me a few days since my internet speed is extremely low (200kbps). Ofc I started playing it the moment it became playable and managed to get up to the Outreach instance cutscene at which point it started to crash every single time. I thought this just meant that it hadn't downloaded the assets for that part. So I stuck to playing only in the first 2 maps, and reloading the client everytime they announced a new build for bug fixes.
A few days later (so early March) something happened because the progress bar in the client no longer got past the 0% mark, the number of files left to download was always the same (except after restarting the client), it DID show that it was downloading, yet the .dat file never changed size.
I tried everything and now I am hoping support is going to give me a different answer rather than "contact ISP provider".
And how it ties into what you mentioned? My internet provider was recently acquired by Orange. So I am guessing my issue with the client has the same cause. :(

On 3/9/2022 at 3:08 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can use a program like PingPlotter (they have a free version) to find where any connection issue lay.  Be aware that you cannot ping AWS servers normally.

Good luck.

Hi, a question,  from pingplotter, it show this node 150.222.206.217 having 90% packet losses, which i am playing from outside of US, i checked the ip belong to Amazon, how do you report the packet losses from outside of US to Amazon or do Amazon even care about traffic from outside US to GW2 server?

• Confused 1

Hello,

I have the same issue since the launch of EOD. My provider is also Orange. I have to force quit the game almost everytime I change map/characters or when my character is on EOD maps and I try to go back to Tyria or my personnal zone (eg. Lava lounge). Infinite loading screens and so on... As Op. says, the french side of the technical forums seems to be aware, but the issue remains.

At this point it is not enjoyable at all to log into the game. It's a shame. Hope you can do something about it soon.

Thanks.

Once again for reference: https://fr-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/6529-problème-de-connexion-informations-techniques-communiquées-solution-temporaire-existante/page/4/

Edited by gilles.1642

I make a response to give some visibility , because it feel that we are ignored into the french forum / EU support.

Thank you for this post, Anet need to do something, Orange is the number 1 internet provider in France, so they are A LOT of people with this issue.

I play since the launch of GW2 and I never had trouble. My internet is powerful ( fiber ) my computer run huges games et I didn't had any trouble playing before the expansion. I play on the same internet/computer configuration since early 2020, but Anet keep answering that problem is from my side. 
The problem is that they answer this same message to everyone. 

Please Anet, I just want to have a good time playing this awesome game, not fighting against disconnections and infinite loading every 3 maps. 

Thank you.

• Sad 1

Bumping this thread!

Like everyone in this thread I have Orange as ISP and never had any problem before EoD launch. Since, most of loading screens are infinite and connection problems happen here and there.

Doing mostly PvP matches this is very frustrating...

Hope this will get solved soon!

On 3/11/2022 at 11:01 PM, alteriel valie.4751 said:

Open ports might help,these are you should open: TCP: 80, 443, 6112, 6600

Please don't even open these ports from outside to inside for no reason

80: HTTP only required when running a webserver (possibly not even since if you running a webserver and not using HTTPS you are not qualified of running in  in 2022). Should never be blocked inside to outside else you cannot reach a certain amount of websites
443: HTTPS / SSL only required when using a webserver. Should never be opened for no reason unless you are running a webserver  / website (that for whatever reason needs to be reached by everyone).

6112: IDK it is apparently used by GW2 but I don't specifically have it opened up (at least not outside to inside) and can play GW2 without problems. According to netstat -ab is is at least used from inside to outside for connection to the amazon server(s) as far as I can see.

6600: ? Please tell me what GW2 uses this for as far as IANA is concerned this is a port reserved for Hyper-V Live migration I don't see it come back (at least on the GW2-64.exe) on a netstat. AGAIN  should be inside to outside never a problem for the user.

As far as I'm concerned the problem is probably with Amazon so as GW2 / ArenaNet / NCSoft is the product that uses that they need to reach out so Orange get unblocked.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015788327-Configuring-your-Router-and-Firewall-Ports

Guild Wars 2 requires three open ports to ensure proper communication between the client (the game on your computer) and the game servers. Depending your firewall, antivirus program, router, and even your domain, these ports might be restricted, which can cause issues when trying to play the game. 

Required TCP Ports

80, 443, 6112

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015788327-Configuring-your-Router-and-Firewall-Ports

Guild Wars 2 requires three open ports to ensure proper communication between the client (the game on your computer) and the game servers. Depending your firewall, antivirus program, router, and even your domain, these ports might be restricted, which can cause issues when trying to play the game. 

Required TCP Ports

80, 443, 6112

Yeah but like I said they only need to be reachable from you PC to the web not reverse. The chance that Orange is supplying a Fortigate Firewall, Mikrotik Routerboard or any other gateway that specifically requires you to open ports from your PC to the web is like -1%. And I don't have any problems like I said and luckily this article (although not properly written) confirms what I said Guild Wars 2 requires three open ports to ensure proper communication between the client (the game on your computer) and the game servers aka it is required that you can reach those ports to be able to login into the client. If you go totally open port 80 and 443 on your computer and you have some vulnerable web service running (aka an old version of Unifi or whatever) ArenaNet / NcSoft is not gonna be giving out any compensation for you getting hacked.

• Confused 1

I was with Orange when PoF came out and believe I had the same issue with massive latency and frequent disconnects when moving between maps.  I did contact GW2 support at the time but it wasn't any problem to do with my connections firewall or antivirus.  The problem did seem to resolve itself after a few weeks though.  I can only assume GW2's internet traffic isn't being treated fairly by your ISP (Orange) at the moment. 

• Like 2