Please Anet

Newholiday.8103

Whenever the next balance patch comes up, please don't give the same old 'we think catalyst/virtuoso/willbender are in a good spot.  We decided to tweak a few power coefficients on some irrelevant skills for some of the over-performing classes instead!'.  Please give the underperforming EOD specs some actual buffs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You forgot the: "We are keeping an eye on the performances of the specialization."

Joke aside, tweaking power coefficients and fixing tooltips is what they call balance. As for the next "balance patch" it's set to be in summer and already have some objective so I wouldn't be to hopefull if I were you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Increasing hammer orbs to 8s would allow for 2-3 attunement play on hammer, there's no reason for them to lower the damage further especially when you consider it largely isn't attractive in PVP/WVW.
If you look at the damage splits on the benchmark for catalyst both after last beta and in current EOD patch it is more likely jade sphere (the F5) is reduced in damage as it is meant as a combo field. In PVP/WVW it does nearly no damage but in PVE it makes upwards of 8K DPS (~20% of total). In fact I've seen 37K DPS benchmark on staff catalyst so I am almost certain that wasn't intended.

10 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

Please give the underperforming EOD specs some actual buffs.

I don't want hammer buffs, I want hammer CHANGES, so that it can be viable in WVW. This means adding some more ranged skills and making the AOEs more impactful, cause right now even the ranged skills on hammer SUCK in WVW.

Make fire 5, earth 5, water 2 into 600 range cone AOEs. Make water 1 a 600 range projectile. Rework all the 3 skills into something actually useful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scerevisiae.1972 said:

I don't want hammer buffs, I want hammer CHANGES, so that it can be viable in WVW. This means adding some more ranged skills and making the AOEs more impactful, cause right now even the ranged skills on hammer SUCK in WVW.

Make fire 5, earth 5, water 2 into 600 range cone AOEs. Make water 1 a 600 range projectile. Rework all the 3 skills into something actually useful.

Never going to happen.

2 hours ago, scerevisiae.1972 said:

Why not? What was the point of making hammer at all if it only gets played for raids and benchmark videos and basically just makes Sword obsolete?

I think what Shiyo is saying is that while it might be nice to have major changes to hammer (or a different weapon altogether), Anet is not going to make these types of changes.  That would require major design work, which Anet is not going to do.

Better to make suggestions on how to buff the current hammer/sphere abilities or catalyst traits in general.

• Like 1

I just think anet lacks the manpower (and maybe a bit of knowledge) for everything class related: Probably not enough people to design new specs and obviously not enough people with experience and knowledge to balance or rework the specs... Have you seen the anet people play on the live streams or have you seen some anet players in wvw? It's... something...

• Thanks 1

Ele is mostly a dead class its just an generic dps. This is what anet seems to want for core tempest weaver and even catalyst. Some how anet though no one would see that they made the same class 4 times. The expansion is not worth it beyond added pve content and the "short run" high dmg before they nerf it like they always do.