DE Meta is the best open world meta!

The time taken, and the skills needed to succeed this meta is the reason why this is the best meta in open world for casual players, and introduce them to their professions even more. 

I haven't succeeded it once but from other's complaints and my experience playing, I can say people only hate it for two reasons. 

1. Locking the key selling point of the expansion behind this - If it were a secret mount like Griffon and it was behind this meta, people would have done it with less complaints. And no I'm not saying just cause one buys an expansion they should get all the features on a plater, I'm saying make it accessible to all types of players. (Personally it makes sense to lock it behind a meta that can be completed with team work, since the mount is based on teamwork) 

2. Less Reward - I heard it gives way less rewards? Or that its not worth to repeat it? Seeing Dragonstrom gives several great rewards (Legendary Mars, 2g, Chance to gift of aurene, chance to stromcaller weapon, chance to win eye infusion worth 1000s of gold), and it was relatively easy to do it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Tungsten Monarch.6058 said:

unsure if this is serious or more trolling...

I was not trolling :(

Which part looked like trolling? I was actually liking the fact that the meta is more than just 11111, but don't like the fact that turtle is stuck behind it. Not sure about the reward part, who knows maybe there's an infusion or much cooler drops. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 8

I agree, the meta is a lot of fun. I like the map and enjoy the events and the mechanics. It’s a good activity for a Sunday when I got more time to play.  Locking the turtle behind it makes sense to me. It is the final meta of the expansion.
Of course they could change something to the rng factor, but there are dozens Threads about that topic. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

43 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

I haven't succeeded it once but from other's complaints and my experience playing, I can say people only hate it for two reasons. 

1. Locking the key selling point of the expansion behind this 

2. Less Reward

This is why we think it's trolling. And it's true. This is very hard for people to beat, reports of failure after failure. And a feature that is prominent in EoD advertising is locked behind it. And the rewards... I like this post, because it points out some, but not all, of the problems with this Meta...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

1. Locking the key selling point of the expansion behind this - If it were a secret mount like Griffon and it was behind this meta, people would have done it with less complaints.

Wrong, gamers are the worst and will always fine something to whine, complain about.
It would be just as many complaints 

Edited by Walle.6045
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

LOL, no, it really isn't. Compare it to any other open world PvE WB/meta and the big picture design failures become glaring:

• Luck is required more, than skill. RNG will F you up because of unforgiving time constraint. Unwitting individuals can screw it up for everyone and there goes 2h down the drain.
  • Introduces unexplained new mechanics and does not allow failing them. People were forced to do generic events for the past 1.5h and not one of them could introduce them to the new mechanics? When the clock is ticking down and 50 other angry nerds are waiting on you, it really isn't the best time to have to read through new tooltips. Your very own raid and fractal designs are more gentle than that.
  • Visual and audial clusterkitten. Cram 50+ players on a small platform, add 30 or so monsters that randomly push them around and then expect them to competently dodge and listen for neverending stream of sound queues? Well, now people really will just spam 111, because they sure AF won't know what's happening. I'm trying to think of a visually comparable fight and can't think of anything outside fractals or raids (which is telling enough).

This is a public map event, not an instance, where you can choose your partners. You have to expect to: 1. not have everyone on the map do the meta, 2. not everyone to have raid meta builds, but something more suitable to exploring the map. To account for this, every other meta is at least somewhat a "choose your own adventure":

• Tequatl: dodge the stomps/slams/waves, or plink away on a turret. Useful contribution in both cases.
  • Octovine: tryhard 1shot with knockbacks on S, or picnic with kites on E. Useful contribution in both cases.
  • Dragon's stand: island hop like a mad man to CC/DPS, or stay on an island and kill the nodes. Useful contribution in both cases.
  • Jade sea: you must be this CCy/DPSy to enter, otherwise you're worse than dead weight. No exceptions. Also bring war supplies 😘.

After 10 years this really should not be a surprise and 10 years is also faaaaaar too late to expect drastic changes from your playerbase build and playstyle demographics, which it seems to be required for this awful design to work.

Rule of thumb: if it requires more organizing than a raid, then perhaps it should be a raid.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Coincidentally I'm listening to WP in the background doing this very meta, really interesting: one of the fights starts around 5:21 I'm listening, not watching because I don't want to spoil EoD for me visually. But of course, I'll probably end up watching a ton of his videos because he's a great teacher, knows what he's talking about, loves the game & I love his accent. 

Edited by Stelawrat.6589
time change