Thank you for changes in DE

Thank you ANet! Now it's achievable for majority of players with a little change that didn't spoil the fight. Yesterday I did it with an organized group, full of new specs (not only meta specs like raiders and some streamers) and with a good coordination we complete it, I hope you have learned good lessons, this kind of content shouldn't be achieved with meta specs and raid preparation.

I wish you all have a good fight and remember: listen to the commander, focus tail and don't let Thornhearts live!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 14

25 minutes ago, Necrosian.1359 said:

I haven't read the patch notes, mind giving me summary what's changed?

There was a bug that caused its skill script to repeatedly execute the same attack. As a result the fight was more chaotic and seemed more random than it needed to be.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

There was a bug that caused its skill script to repeatedly execute the same attack. As a result the fight was more chaotic and seemed more random than it needed to be.

Are you sure that's what it says?

As far as I can read the change only applies to the bite attack. Do they mean side swaps too? Or what's going on there? 

Because if it was only about bites, then it would effectively be a buff to the encounter.

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Okhu.7948 said:

You're aware the bite is the swap right?

Are we sure on that?

She's also using her head to do one of the AOEs while standing still. I mean, I don't see biting during either but at least to me it's not at all clear which is which. 

• Confused 3

The way ANET posts release notes is a bit confusing. They post build updates on threads that initially published the major/minor release notes, but those threads are titled by date...

So you'll get a 3/8 build update where the release notes are posted as a comment to a forum thread titled "Game Update Notes: February 28, 2022". -

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 10:47 AM, ctorrezan.3498 said:

Thank you ANet! Now it's achievable for majority of players with a little change that didn't spoil the fight. Yesterday I did it with an organized group, full of new specs (not only meta specs like raiders and some streamers) and with a good coordination we complete it, I hope you have learned good lessons, this kind of content shouldn't be achieved with meta specs and raid preparation.

I wish you all have a good fight and remember: listen to the commander, focus tail and don't let Thornhearts live!

Hahahaha, man, this comment aged poorly 😄

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

Hahahaha, man, this comment aged poorly 😄

Not really, the fight is waaaaay more doable now with standard preparation and understanding of mechanics. Got my first clear in a pug last night after many, many failed attempts, and even my more recent failed attempts were noticeably closer than before and boiled down to missing breakbars and not dealing with the tail properly.

• Confused 2

On 3/9/2022 at 3:47 AM, ctorrezan.3498 said:

Last night I was on a map where a commander spent the whole prep time organizing a 50 person squad, explaining the mechanics, making sure everyone was properly buffed, breaking us into sub-squads assigned to different areas and so forth. Things looked good going into the final battle and the commander was calling out what to do every step of the way but we still failed. Oh, and yes, I did use my glider skills.

I don't know if it's still  RNGesus who determines whether a group wins or loses the fight but from the comments on the forum, it feels that way. In any event, it seems premature to say that the meta is "achievable for a majority of players." A lot of folks are continuing to report failed attempts here. The whole thing does seem like an okay way to get the writs to buy the turtle on the 15th and I've decided I do want the turtle so I may try the meta once a day. Heck, maybe I'll get lucky and RNGesus will smile upon me from above.   👼

• Like 3