Did you like the story?

I've thoroughly enjoyed every part of the gw2 storyline upto eod, this one wasn't for me, felt rushed in both being written and its execution.

It started off decently and i was really loving the Ankka stuff but stuff was being introduced and finished far too quickly.

The introduction of Soowon started off almost exactly as i expected and hoped it would happen, except for the part that this was all volountary. I HATED that, the whole build up to the expansion with the trailers had me convinced that the canthans had took down Soowon on their own and were now using her to power their tech. To find out that an elder dragon was consenting to this being milked for jade energy thing was ridiculous to me.

It opens up some big plot holes too of all the previous lore on the DSD being like the rest, driving the krait to our shores, horrors of the sea etc, but no, surprise! This dragon is good!

Wasn't being a good dragon the whole niche of Glint and Aurene? Surely Glint would have known that Soowon was good? 

The whole story was just too cartoony and friendly for me.

Ironically very little of the key plot points and fights in EoD would need to change much had the story been a bit darker in that Canthans managed to beat Soowon on their own and were forcibly harvesting her for their tech, it would have felt far more believable and gave credit to the whole "Cantha is the most powerful nation" stuff since we've only managed to beat dragons by creating chaos with their deaths, but to actually subdue an elder dragon and harness their power? Yeah that's giving credit to being labled as most powerful nation, from what we actually saw in EoD i don't see anything that warrants such accolades. The void stuff could still have been the product of ending the dragons as we fought and defeated Soowon rather than a shoehorned this is why you're fighting an elder dragon who for some reason is actually good. Unleashing the void also felt like something Ankka would have wanted so both Aetherblades and the void could have had a proper setup rather than both being so quickly introduced and removed from each end of the story.

Instead we got an elder dragon who decided to just show up and ask to be milked? 

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
  • Like 4