Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:42 AM, Grishnaakh.2143 said:

Just want to say that the story and locations for EoD are fantastic, love them, but requiring, for the moment, to run the Meta then Strike Mission to unlock the Siege Turtle really just turns me off to the rest of the game at this point.

Although I’ve been supportive of removing the turtle egg from an open world 50 person event where people may or may not fail due to selection of players / mechanics they get. I see no issue  with putting it in something like this ? 

The strikes have no timer. You can quickly find groups in LFG for any of them. I do agree that harvest temple might require a bit more endurance and patience than the others but it is also doable once you get the mechanics down. 

I understand you would prefer not to group with anyone but at some point there is another side that would prefer to do content like this for their stuff. At some point some balance must be maintained. Some would say jumping puzzles are a blight in this game. Others would hate the brain dead collecting of  map currencies. At some point some sacrifices are going to be made by some segment of the player base. 

Nonetheless if you have problems getting this done we always run easy 3 strike missions in EOD everyday with no restrictions whatsoever. You are more than welcome to come along however I play during my evenings at +5:30 GMT. 

As mentioned above all attacks are clearly telegraphed and you can literally heal your way through the whole fight. But this is just my opinion you may or may not find it feasible. But I would highly recommend you to give it another try 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I did Minister Li for the second time today to complete the turtle collection.

We had a bugged instance. Had to leave and enter new one after 2 tries.

Personally, I find it harder than WoJ as this one has so many ground colours and flashes making it hard to see the arrow head.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

what story mission locks you inside a dead instance? and when they have to buff the rewards to "motivate" the players,

then it really cant be that good, can it?

it is new content, people should be standing in line to get in

WTF are you talking about!? Gonna level with you, I don't get what you are talking about.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, battledrone.8315 said:

when i died in the strike, i couldnt get out, i was in the penalty box. AFAIK, only mordy does the same.

and this NOT user friendly

Yeah, you're in an instance and you died. You had to wait until your group wiped or completed it. What is the big deal?

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Shaogin.2679 said:

Yeah, you're in an instance and you died. You had to wait until your group wiped or completed it. What is the big deal?

that it isnt fun, nor user friendly, and i am not doing it again.

and instances can be quite fun, i have done a lot of st patricks day events in the last days

all with pugs and many F2Pers. it does help immensely, that they have functional scaling.

• Like 7
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

This is the standard in instanced content. Just don’t die then. 

nope, only strikes and elite/mythic raids do this. any other instances, you just res and get back in the fight.

or get kicked, so the team can have another go. this the exact OPPOSITE of user friendly

• Like 6
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

nope, only strikes and elite/mythic raids do this. any other instances, you just res and get back in the fight.

or get kicked, so the team can have another go. this the exact OPPOSITE of user friendly

Ah true, you can res fully dead in fractals, forgot that. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Make the Turtle vendor sell the event items -  tried Jade Maw a few times and utter fails.    Its a collection not a stupid RAID exercise.  Bringing the RAID toxicity into PvE - thanks.   

Sold the game on a mount and being forced into toxic play areas - for a working parent no thanks - I want to enjoy the game and with the utter fails still happening on metas, no thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ari.4672 said:

Make the Turtle vendor sell the event items -  tried Jade Maw a few times and utter fails.    Its a collection not a stupid RAID exercise.  Bringing the RAID toxicity into PvE - thanks.   

Sold the game on a mount and being forced into toxic play areas - for a working parent no thanks - I want to enjoy the game and with the utter fails still happening on metas, no thank you. 

So now you don’t even want to do open world content for the turtle?

The problem with Jade Maw is that it upscales pretty badly. But it is no raid exercise, it’s an open world group event. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Can people please stop with this "give me everything for free on a silver platter" attitude already. The strikes, afaik are soloable, and while Dragon's End is a right pain in the neck right now, they're adjusting it by observation as feedback rolls in and will allow players to access it via a vendor assumable through the currency earnt by doing event farming on the 15th.

Actually try content for once before going "haha nah bro not for me kthx" from someone else's perspective on YT and complaining about it here on the forums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, Darkness.3942 said:

I feel bad for anyone who's never played the likes of FFXIV or something where this is regular.

Yikes.

very few games do this, except on higher difficulties. dont know about FF though.

watching your team struggle with one guy less, without being able to do anything gives you ...what?

hope? joy? + 1000 in attack power? what?

• Like 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

very few games do this, except on higher difficulties. dont know about FF though.

watching your team struggle with one guy less, without being able to do anything gives you ...what?

Use the time to observe mechanics. It's much easier to learn them when you dont need to do anything. That is kinda the point of such modes. It is expected you fail a few times so you learn the patterns. For some of us that is the fun in gaming, not a free handover of everything on day 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

i have tried one of the strikes, never again. it is basically a hardcore version of the 4man versions in

champions online. except, that you need more( and better) players. and, of course, they lock in the penalty box, if you die.

i actually had to wait for the next group, to get out again. some of the least user friendly content i have EVER seen

This was my experience as well.  It wasn't hard but I did not find it fun whatsoever.  While I play a tiny bit of WvW (for Gift of Battle etc. for crafting), I refuse to play PvP, raids, or strikes.  If anything is locked behind them, oh well, I'll do without.

Edited by Witch of Doom.5739
info
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:24 PM, yoni.7015 said:

Thanks for letting us know. After Tuesday you won’t need to do the meta anymore. And can I ask why the strike mission turns you off? Did you try the new strike missions already? They are fun and not that difficult. 

Fun is subjective. I don't like instanced PvE at all. Most of my Guild Wars 2 gameplay is PvP. I'll never do strike missions, nor will I do fractals or raids. I simply have no interest in doing such content at all. If that means I'll never have access to one of the main expanion features then so be it.

Should it be that way? I don't think so. But hey, atleast Anet can count on me never preordering their expansions again.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

name them. 

Well, this game for one.
WoW
FFXIV
Pretty sure RIFT does it and that's a quieter title.
Destiny to lesser degrees.

It's more common than you think.

4 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

So this may come as a shock to you but in statics, team members tend to cheer on their team mates and I've had many attempts in progression where there's one person left and downed the boss. Yes. I get hope, I get joy, it gives dopamine hits if you remember it's a game and not a job to get angry at.

Edited by Darkness.3942
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Darkness.3942 said:

Well, this game for one.
WoW
FFXIV
Pretty sure RIFT does it and that's a quieter title.
Destiny to lesser degrees.

It's more common than you think.

So this may come as a shock to you but in statics, team members tend to cheer on their team mates and I've had many attempts in progression where there's one person left and downed the boss. Yes. I get hope, I get joy, it gives dopamine hits if you remember it's a game and not a job to get angry at.

wow doesnt, at least not on normal difficulty.

destiny isnt a true mmo, doesnt count

that leaves 3 out of how many? yea....

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

wow doesnt, at least not on normal difficulty.

destiny isnt a true mmo, doesnt count

that leaves 3 out of how many? yea....

Yes it does, even on LFR. I've played it for many years. There's been plenty of instances where I've had to wait for fights to resolve before being able to get back to progression.

Destiny is an MMO FPS, its a multiplayer game, yes it counts.

"3 out of how many" I'm sorry, I am not someone like Josh Strife Hayes that has played every MMO under the sun to give you a definitive list to validate your argument. I am limited to the knowledge that I have but I can guarantee you just about every MMO forces you to wait for fights to resolve before you can revive, and get back into more attempts for prog.

PS: btw re-read my comment. I listed more than just a meager "3'.

Edited by Darkness.3942
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, kenny.7236 said:

Personally, I find it harder than WoJ as this one has so many ground colours and flashes making it hard to see the arrow head.

Set graphics to "Best Performance" to help with that. It really cuts down on a lot of the clutter for a lot of group fights both in raids and open world (really helps me with DE's meta). Makes the game look like crap...but hey, seeing the mechanics is more important IMO.

Edited by RyuDragnier.9476
  • Sad 1