Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

5 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

name them. 

wow doesnt. swtor doesnt. dont know about teso. sto doesnt . dcuo no CO no

name those, who still does that

SWtoR right now? No idea. I was leading Fatality though and it certainly did not allow to rez yourself in-fight back then.

WoW, FFXIV, Lost Ark, Rift (back in the day), that Conan thing, Marvel Heroes (once upon a time, what a great game to be gone), Secret World, Terra (iirc), EQ2 (a long time ago iirc), ESO, EVE (slightly different game but still an MMO). Some titles I've played and can't remember even the name of had this feature.

I've actually never played a game where the noteworthy instanced content for more than 4/5 allowed players to just get up and zerg down an encounter that way.

And Anet want strikes to be a mainstay judging by their development and design decisions - and the difficulty of the EoD launch strikes is really nice imho, it's very forgiving with no timers anywhere for at least 3/4th of them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Desh.7028 said:

SWtoR right now? No idea. I was leading Fatality though and it certainly did not allow to rez yourself in-fight back then.

WoW, FFXIV, Lost Ark, Rift (back in the day), that Conan thing, Marvel Heroes (once upon a time, what a great game to be gone), Secret World, Terra (iirc), EQ2 (a long time ago iirc), ESO, EVE (slightly different game but still an MMO). Some titles I've played and can't remember even the name of had this feature.

I've actually never played a game where the noteworthy instanced content for more than 4/5 allowed players to just get up and zerg down an encounter that way.

And Anet want strikes to be a mainstay judging by their development and design decisions - and the difficulty of the EoD launch strikes is really nice imho, it's very forgiving with no timers anywhere for at least 3/4th of them.

okay, i guess thats the reason why i raided more in those particular games.

and its also one of the reason why i wont do strikes here

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Some on here claim the strike needed for the turtle is easy. I spent 4 hours last night trying it,

and dying over and over and got nowhere. I have played since launch and recon i am as good as i will get.

The only way im getting this turtle is if i pay some nice players to carry me. 

It was really thoughtful of anet to put the option of gems to gold in the game.

Working as intended. Thanks anet.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, eldrin.6471 said:

Some on here claim the strike needed for the turtle is easy. I spent 4 hours last night trying it,

and dying over and over and got nowhere. I have played since launch and recon i am as good as i will get.

Just make a lfg with proper roles xd:2hfb 2 alac rest dps -> it will fill up fast and most people Very likely are experienced enough to carry one or 2 people if they even are dead the whole time to kill that boss xd. hell if u still strugle i can invite you and show how ez it rly is to kill that boss the moment į get back to my PC 😄 just pay attention to the 2 or 3 mechanics thats all its not a rocket science

• Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, battledrone.8315 said:

nope, only strikes and elite/mythic raids do this. any other instances, you just res and get back in the fight.

or get kicked, so the team can have another go. this the exact OPPOSITE of user friendly

Then stop dying ?

If you die to a new mechanic it's fine. However this time every EoD strike mission has their minecraft peaceful mode in the form of story mission, which actually is a smart move. In story mission you dont die to those mechanic but they do exist to teach you what to do or not do. 

There is no point in kicking a dead player to let someone else enter because that player will also spawn as a dead person. People rarely get kicked because they died once. They get kick either because they arent doing their job, because they dont fit the criteria the group asks or because they just keep dying at the same mecanic that happens that always happens at the said time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, soul.9651 said:

Just make a lfg with proper roles xd:2hfb 2 alac rest dps -> it will fill up fast and most people Very likely are experienced enough to carry one or 2 people if they even are dead the whole time to kill that boss xd. hell if u still strugle i can invite you and show how ez it rly is to kill that boss the moment į get back to my PC 😄 just pay attention to the 2 or 3 mechanics thats all its not a rocket science

Thanks for the offer. i have sent you a message in game.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, eldrin.6471 said:

Keep trying, its not hard, you have no timer, you just have to know like 3 mechanics and thats it, and even if you die the other 9 ppl can carry you...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, Grishnaakh.2143 said:

Just want to say that the story and locations for EoD are fantastic, love them, but requiring, for the moment, to run the Meta then Strike Mission to unlock the Siege Turtle really just turns me off to the rest of the game at this point.

If you are remotely categorically denying anything uncomfortable in your gaming life I don't want to be like you. Sounds boring. Strike missions are pretty easy content, just try it for Ural's sake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Mama ArenaNet: "Come on Sue, just try the broccoli (dungeon, response mission, fractal), you might like it."

Papa ArenaNet: "Sue, you don't get dessert (turtle) unless you eat the broccoli!"

Mama ArenaNet: "Susie, what if we call them little trees (strikes!) instead of broccoli (instanced groups)? Would you eat it then?"

Big Brother: "Sis, just choke it down (find a group to carry you). It's not as bad as Brussels sprouts (raids)!"

😄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Ok let me get this straight. We have a game that you like to play, game adds content that you dont have to play unless you want something that is pretty much useless and now you dont want to play the game at all?

The funny thing about this is that it feels like the players who enjoy the content needed to do the turtle are the ones who don't think it's very interesting, while those who are most likely to enjoy the turtle are the ones less likely to enjoy the things it's been gated behind.

Generalization, and I'm sure I'll get a few people who love strikes and challenging group content saying they love their new turtle, but overall that's my perception.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 9
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Gibson.4036 said:

The funny thing about this is that it feels like the players who enjoy the content needed to do the turtle are the ones who don't think it's very interesting, while those who are most likely to enjoy the turtle are the ones less likely to enjoy the things it's been gated behind.

Generalization, and I'm sure I'll get a few people who love strikes and endgame content saying they love their new turtle, but overall that's my perception.

I love my turtle, it just doesn't do anything "useful"😅 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Generalization, and I'm sure I'll get a few people who love strikes and challenging group content saying they love their new turtle, but overall that's my perception.

As a returnee player i would rather have the Griffon/Skyscale locked behind a event like this, than having to farm 200 events/items that i dont enjoy at all, and i need the mounts (not like turtle, that is useless). 

So overall i can say i got a mount (turtle) that is useless while having fun and not crazy grind, and i dont have the flying mounts that are useful and are a crazy boring grind.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

As a returnee player i would rather have the Griffon/Skyscale locked behind a event like this, than having to farm 200 events/items that i dont enjoy at all, and i need the mounts (not like turtle, that is useless). 

So overall i can say i got a mount (turtle) that is useless while having fun and not crazy grind, and i dont have the flying mounts that are useful and are a crazy boring grind.

You most likely know this already, but return achievements gives you easy 250 Lws map currency and basically requires you to just replay lws4, mine some ores, cut some trees and play few events. 

I just finished my skyscale not long ago and it wasnt that Bad afterall.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Then stop dying ?

If you die to a new mechanic it's fine. However this time every EoD strike mission has their minecraft peaceful mode in the form of story mission, which actually is a smart move. In story mission you dont die to those mechanic but they do exist to teach you what to do or not do. 

There is no point in kicking a dead player to let someone else enter because that player will also spawn as a dead person. People rarely get kicked because they died once. They get kick either because they arent doing their job, because they dont fit the criteria the group asks or because they just keep dying at the same mecanic that happens that always happens at the said time. 

the mechanics in the story missions are the reason why i dont play this game any more.

many of them dont make any sense, bordering to the the downright insulting

at best, they are filler content, at worst, they are literal gamestoppers.

they would have to make some hefty changes if they want me touch any more story content

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

Im gonna do the strike either rn or in the evening dunno if u are online or not xd

Thanks for the offer but i now have the turtle at a cost of 500 mystic coins.  Next time il not trust anet and hold off on buying future expansions till i find out what's  locked behind content i cant do and need pay for.  Wonder if some of you folks would find this strike so easy with arthritis in both hands and bad eye sight. age is a wonderful thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, eldrin.6471 said:

Thanks for the offer but i now have the turtle at a cost of 500 mystic coins.  Next time il not trust anet and hold off on buying future expansions till i find out what's  locked behind content i cant do and need pay for.  Wonder if some of you folks would find this strike so easy with arthritis in both hands and bad eye sight. age is a wonderful thing.

You paid 500 mystic coins to get the turtle? Oh boy 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, eldrin.6471 said:

Dude xD like im not against raid selling and such, done that myself. But come on, turtle strike is worth 50MC Max 🥲

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, eldrin.6471 said:

Duuudeee :ddd i am camping for you to literally give it for free....whyyy u had no patience people have irl too u know:D..

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/13/2022 at 9:56 AM, battledrone.8315 said:

when i died in the strike, i couldnt get out, i was in the penalty box. AFAIK, only mordy does the same.

and this NOT user friendly

That is how any mmo work. Any instanced non-dungeon content works exactly like this. Ffxiv even on normal difficulty will not let you respawn in 8man content. Raids in gw2 will not let you do that either. If majority of people die, on gw2 you can just agree to /gg and reset. It gives you time to learn mechanics. Do not blame the game for giving you an opportunity to learn from others and stop creating problems when there are none. The only thing between you getting the turtle is you and your attitude 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

One meta and one strike, thats it, thats all thats being asked of you, how is that something that ''turns you off from the rest of the game''? Do you just want everything handed to you as soon as you log in? Starting tomorrow you don't even have to succeed the meta anymore in order to get the turtle egg

You don't even have to do much to beat this normal mode strike, there's plenty of easy yet desired roles to play and the mechanics are introduced one by one, you could also just ask ''hey anything to look out for'' and people will tell you

If you absolutely refuse to do the bare minimum then yea, you may aswell leave, nobody will miss yet another 1111111111 player

9 hours ago, eldrin.6471 said:

500mc instead of just taking a few seconds to figure out how you could succeed.. thats sad

Literally could've just played Berserker or Reaper, both among the least intensive things to play while still putting out good damage

• Like 5
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

let me just say this. Many find this mission very easy and good for them. Hell, maybe they should be the only ones to get the turtle.

Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. There are all kinds of reasons others might have problems. Often, its physical and not just being lazy.

I can ensure you outside this game I may find some things very easy for me while others would have a hard time. It's not about who is smart or dumb, everyone excels in some things and not in others.

I suppose you could say....well this game is not for you....and maybe you are right.

Still, I think there far more people like me than you might imagine.

Just give us not so good players an alternative way to get the needed item for the turtle.....:)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, nenchii.5170 said:

That is how any mmo work. Any instanced non-dungeon content works exactly like this. Ffxiv even on normal difficulty will not let you respawn in 8man content. Raids in gw2 will not let you do that either. If majority of people die, on gw2 you can just agree to /gg and reset. It gives you time to learn mechanics. Do not blame the game for giving you an opportunity to learn from others and stop creating problems when there are none. The only thing between you getting the turtle is you and your attitude 

and thats exactly why i dont raid in most mmos. and given how much fun time the average gamer has at their disposal,

i am pretty sure, that they dont want to waste it in this way either

BTW, i am not very interested in the turtle. if i could get it without hassle , fine.

if not, then its just a little lesser fine. but it is common knowledge, that if you put something desirable on the box, then the average buyer will expect to find that item IN THE BOX.

Edited by battledrone.8315
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1