Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

10 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

You don’t have to do the meta anymore, you can just buy the egg. If someone wastes 80 hours for that, that’s his problem and not necessary. 
The strike mission is 10 minutes, that’s not really a big difference. 

where else can you get dragon writs?

he paid for the expansion, and tried to do the content= "his problem"....not the game? good luck with that

double lol if you actually think, that casuals can do it in 10 mins.

triple lol for thinking, that strikes are not a big deal

Edited by battledrone.8315
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, battledrone.8315 said:

where else can you get dragon writs?

he paid for the expansion, and tried to do the content= "his problem"....not the game? good luck with that

double lol if you actually think, that casuals can do it in 10 mins.

triple lol for thinking, that strikes are not a big deal

You get the writs for doing events, doesn’t have to be the meta event. you can even trade write from the other maps. 
Then maybe 15 minutes, still not a big deal. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

"Hello. I would like some pudding, please."

"In order to have pudding, you must first have some meat."

"I'm a vegetarian. I don't want meat."

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?"

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Majic.4801 said:

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?"

So there are ethical reasons that some people don’t like strike missions or is it just a bad comparison?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Majic.4801 said:

just like the obnoxious waiter, who is trying to unload his stinking fish.

if i say no, then i expect it to be understood, and respected

dont care if all other guests are swooning over the fish, i want a steak, and i have the cash to pay for it

if they dont want to serve it, dont put it on the menu

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

I've had the egg from the meta event. it was fun and interesting, it didn't feel like a chore, becouse it's scale and the other players mentality. You can choose to do the meta, you can join anytime when it's up and now you could get the egg without the meta too. Now the meta is interesting on it's own and becouse of the story, not just for a mount mastery.

I am a casual player and not a very good one. I've playing this game since the first open beta almost every day (yes, I'm a fanboy 😛 ) so it's not a lack of trying. I cannot help in raids, so that content is off to me just like strike missions and fractals. It's impossible to me to ever get a legendary armor, so I accepted it and move on.

But this is just a mount. The first two seats mount, but just a mount. I don't get it, why can't we get it for the normal story and open world events/collections like the other ones. (The meta is an OW Event too) The only exception is Warclaw but it's definitely made for WvW. The turtle is not a strike mission mount. It's a PvE mount.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, Rinn.2375 said:

I don't get it, why can't we get it for the normal story and open world events/collections like the other ones. (The meta is an OW Event too) The only exception is Warclaw but it's definitely made for WvW. The turtle is not a strike mission mount. It's a PvE mount.

Only Anet can answer that. I would assume it’s because strike missions are one important component of this expansion. So now everyone will have to do at least one strike mission. It’s a PvE mount, yes. Strike missions are PvE content. You don’t have to WvW or PvP for the turtle, just PvE. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Majic.4801 said:

HEllo guys i paid for eod but i hate gw2 and dont want to play ti please give me evrerything in expac so i dont have to plasydfaqv 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

So there are ethical reasons that some people don’t like strike missions or is it just a bad comparison?

What if they are not vegetarian, but the meat is spicy and they just can't take that amount of spicy?

You telling them that (to you) it is actually mild is not really going to help.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Astralporing.1957 said:

What if they are not vegetarian, but the meat is extremely spicy and they just can't take that amount of spicy?

the post said vegetarian and not that the meat is spicy. But if it’s too spicy just drink some milk and eat bread afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

the post said vegetarian and not that the meat is spicy. But if it’s too spicy just drink some milk and eat bread afterwards. 

As someone that (in RL) can't actually take even the normal levels of spiciness (much less stuff that is actually marked as spicy) and needs everything to be mild, i can honestly tell you that this argument is a complete kitten.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

As someone that (in RL) can't actually take even the normal levels of spiciness (much less stuff that is actually marked as spicy) and needs everything to be mild, i can honestly tell you that this argument is a complete kitten.

Well, good for you that strike missions are not spicy. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

More likely a customer will just take their dining-out money to a different restaurant.

The real issue is not whether there are coping strategies for spice, or whether people should like spice or not. The real issue is that a portion of this restaurant’s customers were satisfied with the non-spicy portion of the menu, but the restaurant has recently demonstrated that it expects customers to order from the spicy portion.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 10
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Or so you keep claiming. Apparently at least some people do not agree.

Yeah a handful of forum posters. But they don’t seem to be interested in the mount. It’s seems they are just here to complain. A lot of players offered help, but this handful is not interested. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Yeah a handful of forum posters. But they don’t seem to be interested in the mount. It’s seems they are just here to complain. A lot of players offered help, but this handful is not interested. 

...lol, on one hand we have a few posters labeled "a lot of players" because you agree with them, and on the other it's "a handful" because you do not agree. Yeah, i am so sure that the first group so outnumbers the second here to justify this [/sarcasm]

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Almaden.6782 said:

It's not easy for casuals but it can be done.

Actually no, if we're assuming no hard carrying from the more hardcore side of the playerbase then beating this strike is extremely unrealistic for a group that only consists of your average casual players. The fight requires players to eat through about 85m HP which, for a group where the average DPS per player is around 2-3k, translates to a clear time of about an hour and that is assuming that nobody dies which is also completely unrealistic as this fight applies as much pressure as something you would find in the higher tiered fractals (for context, even just difficulty level 12 wipes groups consisting of your average casual players on a consistent basis).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

...lol, on one hand we have a few posters labeled "a lot of players" because you agree with them, and on the other it's "a handful" because you do not agree. Yeah, i am so sure that the first group so outnumbers the second here to justify this [/sarcasm]

This wasn’t the point. The point was that this handful of people is just here to complain. So no matter how much help or advices the community offers them, they are not interested. They are now complaining for weeks (!), in that time they could have done the strike mission ten times. But they don’t even want to try. I hope this is not their mentality in real life. That would be sad. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Mortime.1359 said:

It's sad that anet didn't learn from Blizzard that forcing players to do content is just going to make players hate said content. I mean they could have just given everyone the damned turtle at the end of the story and just make the meta and strike unlock special skins or something. But whatever, it's their game I'm just sad to see them stepping in the same bucket that Blizzard did.

I think we should have got the turtle egg in the 'Old Friends' mission, when Rama returned our gear.

Commander: What's this?

Rama: It's an egg. Duh. You were clutching it when I found you.

Commander: O-kay...

Then as we progressed through the story we could have hatched it and raised it and by the time we got to the epically challenging finale', it would have been full grown. Thanks to all the, ah, jade-imbued turtle food we fed it. Or whatever.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

This wasn’t the point. The point was that this handful of people is just here to complain. So no matter how much help or advices the community offers them, they are not interested.

Yes, because your help and advice is not going to change the basic fact that the meal is still too spicy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, because your help and advice is not going to change the basic fact that the meal is still too spicy.

And that’s why this whole food comparison is wrong. You can’t eat spicy food but you can do the strike mission with the help and advice the community offers you. It’s entirely up to you if you do it or if you keep complaining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1