Willbender should have passive aegis & regen

mrauls.6519

If you start to use your options you can actually get a lot of healing on willbender, at leasts in pve where you can rely on your flames more.

You can even go celestial if you wanna tank and you can even get 100% protection uptime even if that requires a lot of tryhard effort. If you really wanna be a surviver you can go durability runes for makingn that protection uptime far far easier. You also got a great stun break on 15sec cooldown.

In my opinion however willbender is well suited for using skillplay and avoiding damage and killing fast, but you can build a tank if you want and not lose all your damage. It takes a celestial or trailblazer setup and 1-3 traits to do it but then you mega.

Under ideal circumstances willbender flames can heal up to 9k in celestial gear over 5sec. Then you have the full heal from litany and with jade bot core 10 can be over 20-22k+ with good or great toughness. Then comes the flowing resolve heals. And blinds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABwyt/lVw6YVMWWLW0WXxTA-zxIY14vQyJBCsC6NEc4gEE7h3C9zWA-e

This build for example. It's pretty neat - only thing it doesn't go for is protection, though sacrifices could be made.... Still healing on flames a ton, 22-23k life with jade bot, almost 3k toughness, got 3 aoe blinds on a low cooldown. Litany, stun break on 15s cooldown, breakbar damage. Got the traited F2 as well. If youre dying with this basically youre just spamming and hoping for the best, its got a bunch of tools. I got sword/ssword coz i love it but another touch would be better. Could alsso take a better ultimate.

Here is a trailblazer equivalent:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABw+t/lVw6YVMWWLW0WbxTA-zRJYkxfhkTIkZF0RC4wBJI2DvF6/0A-e

Lose some power dmg, crit, boon duration to focus full on condi. Using energy sigils also to get even more ways to avoid damage for that agile gameplay.

Edited by Crackmonster.2790
  • Confused 2

I am so happy that it doesn't have aegis up all time - it's one of the worst things about guardian since all time no matter where you are when you show your weapons it has this silly ugly shield thrown on top of there. I've made numerous posts over time to please remove that because its so jarring. You can just have it have a duration = reapply time and only have it work in combat that would be fine then but stylistically that shield has breaking immersion and put me off guardian since forever, finally its gone and i can take it seriously. I'm so happy it's gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Crackmonster.2790 said:

I am so happy that it doesn't have aegis up all time - it's one of the worst things about guardian since all time no matter where you are when you show your weapons it has this silly ugly shield thrown on top of there. I've made numerous posts over time to please remove that because its so jarring. You can just have it have a duration = reapply time and only have it work in combat that would be fine then but stylistically that shield has breaking immersion and put me off guardian since forever, finally its gone and i can take it seriously. I'm so happy it's gone.

Wow, so happy that we waited for years to get a terrible spec as our roaming DPS option that only works in PvEasy just so people like you can take screenshots without Aegis up...

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Hot Take: Aegis enables people to play badly by allowing them to ignore game mechanics. It also gives a false sense of sustain because you don't control when it can trigger. 

There are ways to fix that; I have no illusions it will get changed.

As for Willbender ... Mace delivers (as it always has) as THE sustain weapon. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9

14 minutes ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

Adding passives is never a good way to buff a spec. If a spec is weak (which WB is) they should get stronger actives. A simple solution here would be to make the activation healing on f2 bigger (around 3k) and have the cast of f3 be an evade. Many problems would remain but at least sustain would be passable. 

That is reasonable but instead of an evade on f3 it should be instant and 900 range. That plus a better heal on f2 say 1.5k -2k sould fix a lot of problems on wb

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Or a shadowstep mechanic.... it's so dang painful looking for a spot to cast F3 because you get a "No Line of Sight" error...

Haha, The Sword2 working inconsistently (sometimes work on 12 meters heigh, sometimes doesnt work for a meter height) and the F3 not working because of a stairs step.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

Considering it was supposed to be a fragile elite in return for just hitting harder and having a lot of movement. I don't really see the problem. At least in regard to sustain comment. 

DH and Core both hit harder for Guardian.

Willbender has very low access to % damage increases, in terms of options and how long they last for; both Core and DH do far better in terms of initial burst engagement options and sustained DPS in PvP.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, Jaricko.6143 said:

Considering it was supposed to be a fragile elite in return for just hitting harder and having a lot of movement. I don't really see the problem. At least in regard to sustain comment. 

thief, rev, ranger, holo, scrapper, mirage, weaver, i could go on. All hit harder, have more mobility, and more sustain than willbender. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

It seems silly to be comparing classes when the elite in question is benching 40k in multiple builds. Ele benches higher but is squishier. 

It's almost like there are game-modes other than PvE.

But that can't be true, can it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Jaricko.6143 said:

I don't care about pvp and guardians have been one of the most wanted classes in wvw forever. I am a mechanist main and would be booted out of a squad if i tried to join on a mechanist. I don't see the problem. 

Well I don't care about PvEasy; the casual game mode against dumb AI.

PvP and WvW matter more to me.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

When it comes to WB it isn't so bad. It's all about F2 F3 timeframes. If you couple F3 with Scepter#2/Sword#3/Torch#5/Whirling Light you get tons of stability/aegis. Same goes with F2. Basically with WB you gotta keep fighting and getting those hits as fast as possible to get the benefit instead of passive aegis every now and then (1/40sec). To some extent it's even better cuz you are not wasting your time in "defensive" mode as a Fb would, meaning you're still fighting and DPS is still going. Of course it's less DPS then using F1 but in hairy situations it's very cool. And don't forget F2 evade and overall mobility to avoid damage and low cooldowns/alacrity. Have you looked at passive aegis refresh time on FB/DH/Guardian (1aegis/40sec)? And look at F3 cooldown on FB.. With WB you can get like 4-5stacks of aegis and stability during the F3 activation window. Most likely you won't get damaged 4-5 times in 6 seconds but still i'm sure atleast 2 blocks will be utilized. And stability.. yeah you'll get like 5 stacks of stability if not more. I'm playin in vipers gear and i gotta say i survive just the same if not more than on my cFB with the same gear. What's a real bummer is that we cannot gather anymore without interrupt lol. That passive aegis was nice for gathering 🤣

WB is one of the surprises for me of this expac. On paper it looked like a weak spec but so far with my cWB i'm having a blast.

PS. What i hate is F1 aftercast. That thing needs to change asap. Aftercast/rooting effect is just... just messes up the whole "flow" of the class. 

Edited by Dave.6819
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 6:17 PM, Ezrael.6859 said:

Well I don't care about PvEasy; the casual game mode against dumb AI.

PvP and WvW matter more to me.

PVE you can literally do whatever you want.... That is so true, mobs are stupid, WVW builds you can carry to PVE easily. WVW is where its at. PVP i get bored with and dont have friends so I dont want to do it

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/19/2022 at 6:37 AM, Dave.6819 said:

What's a real bummer is that we cannot gather anymore without interrupt lol. That passive aegis was nice for gathering 🤣

This 😅 Also FB mantra no longer giving Aegis is just a hidden nerf to map explorers and gatherers 😛

Also I wonder why do people forget that we have separate game balance for PvE/PvP/WvW...

On 3/23/2022 at 6:00 PM, Legend of Rogue.5394 said:

PVE you can literally do whatever you want.... That is so true, mobs are stupid, WVW builds you can carry to PVE easily. WVW is where its at. PVP i get bored with and dont have friends so I dont want to do it

Saying that you can do whatever you want in PvE is the same as saying you can do whatever you want in WvW because zerg bus will compensate for your lack of effectiveness.

• Thanks 2

On 3/18/2022 at 4:46 PM, Jaricko.6143 said:

I don't care about pvp and guardians have been one of the most wanted classes in wvw forever. I am a mechanist main and would be booted out of a squad if i tried to join on a mechanist. I don't see the problem. 

That's a little disingenuous to compare Guardian to Mechanist in particular. You have to compare Guardian to Engineer, and Engineers are just as wanted in WvW.

That would be like me saying I'd get booted as Core Guard or Willbender in a squad.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1