Any Update on WvW World Restructuring, Round 2 & Round 3? Are Worlds Really Full? Where's the Posted RoadMap?

• Diku.2546 changed the title to Any Update on WvW World Restructuring, Round 2 & Round 3? Are Worlds Really Full? Where's the Posted RoadMap?
  • 2 weeks later...

worlds are not actually full. anet closed them to get new players and xfers to xfer to the servers they want more population on, in an effort to make every server equal in numbers. Their goal is to make it look like they changed to "alliances" when all they are actually doing is changing the server names and then just relocating some players every 4 weeks or so to diff servers. Really no diff then linking servers to each other. they just changed the names of it to make it look like something else. But hey, i'm not the only one smart enuf to see what lies behind all the veils and shiny bluffs. they just milking xfers now. i mean if they can't get the algorithm down after these years, then maybe its time to hire somebody that can get it down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

@Samug.6512

I agree with you...they're - "woRkInG On iT".

How long does it take Arnold to put on his camouflage paint in the above Twitter post?

My hashtag answer:

#AlliancesComingSoon or #MyEoDPurchaseComingSoon

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
1 hour ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

can you quote where in the post you have sent do they say a date or something?

There is no date because software developing and devjob doesn't work like that.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Planning milestones and achieving them is exactly how software development works. But for that you have to invest development time.

Or what, they didn't release eod (unfinished, but released) on time?

If it was "promised" for last year but wasn't delivered, its simply not a priority.

Edited by Hotride.2187
12 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Planning milestones and achieving them is exactly how software development works.

Which doesn't mean giving dates to the public.

13 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

If it was "promised" for last year but wasn't delivered, its simply not a priority.

What a surprise, huh?

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2022 at 1:48 PM, Telgum.6071 said:

Then the post doesn't have any real update worth posting here I think.

On 5/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, Hotride.2187 said:

To hear that "wvw is a cornerstone of the game", yeah actually surprising. To see the stale wvw state yourself, no, not surprising at all.

"Surprising" and I feel it stupid, so they think is a cornerstone of the game and yet one of the 2 the most neglected game modes with pvp, sorry but i only see it either stupid or lie tbh.

On top of that there is multiple good things on alliances, one is fixing the bandwaggoning, but until they release alliances (which has to have VERY FEW development and i doubt we see it working this year, while pve gets things every 2 weeks they said) they dont seem to care to fix bandwaggong even if its a problem for the LOOOONG time it takes alliances to work with the small development they are placing into wvw, not even trying to implement something to avoid it like from 2 hours before annoucing relink to 2 weeks after transfers closed, so bandwaggoners would loose almost 3 weeks of the link, and if someone wanted to transfer sorry have patience and you will be able.

And yeah saying they dont care much about wvw and the development they put into is so low compared to pve is speculation, but based on facts, i can't know their numbers, I can know the facts:

- 7 years from the promise of world restructuring , meanwhile pve got new things.

- You could see and in the end they admitted wvw team had to be doing pve for EoD.

- After EoD 2 weeks pve content release, so wvw team will have to keep fixing pve bugs?

- WvW "has an annoying bug" , ok how much people has the wvw team? because months to fix that bug ... its kinda weird but i can accept to a certain point, but they are not taking months and months releasing stable content , its just alphas hidden behind the tag of "betas".

The WvW team seems in this situations in which people is offered to join a new development team, but until is fully formed you are gonna have to be helping your old team, and time passes and you have to be working for both teams, and its like you never get to be in the new team because the old team always has a fire to fight which needs you.

PD: I'm glad there is some work on WvW, because if there wasn't I guess I would not be here complaining about the bad things. But said that I think all the bad things they are doing for WvW PvP has to be said, as they are good and fun game modes dying because of anet absurd neglection.

Edited by Nymthalas.4019
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

Then the post doesn't have any real update worth posting here I think.

OP wants info about the current WvW development and I provided the most recent information. That is way more worth than the same circlejerk of "#allianceswhen" and "why anet hates wvw?" that has been around for years.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

OP wants info about the current WvW development and I provided the most recent information. That is way more worth than the same circlejerk of "#allianceswhen" and "why anet hates wvw?" that has been around for years.

I completelly disagree, they made a promise they have clearly been neglecting for a long time, and people are reminding anet that maybe after years of that lie, having a small dev team that will take a really long time to fullfil the promise they made years and years ago, that is not acceptable. On the other hand although your post can be usefull, they are asking when not what or how, so is not answering the topic post. There is better ways to remind them? maybe, but they really need to be reminded, because the "anet hates wvw" has a reason, they have clearly neglected pvp and wvw, so to get the trust of the players of those game modes they have to work on it ( and the trust is broken when you promise and for year you dont do nothing about that), yeah did something, but tbf is a kinda weak on the side effort.

Said that I'm being honest saying I hope I'm wrong and this june we get a real beta of WvW (no the alpha states we've gotten till now) and we have alliances this year.

PD: If you are gonna say then they should be less comunicative and dont promise things and such, be carefull with that as with pve which they have been giving all the effort and communication you can see when they started to communicate things went better. And I have the feeling that without that promise and the betas WvW right now would be dying like PvP.

Edited by Nymthalas.4019
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

On the other hand although your post can be usefull, they are asking when not what or how, so is not answering the topic post.

There is not a fixed "when", the most recent info is on the last roadmap I provided. Why bother asking in first place when they already said dates will be posted once they have them and not before? :classic_laugh:

This is just absurd circlejerk, the same "reminders", as you say, being posted over and over across the months, across the betas, across the roadmaps, across the balance patches, you can just delve into this subforum and watch by yourself how these kind of threads were being made just one week after a beta or a balance patch.

I really don't want to take the role to defend Arenanet, but hell, this circlejerk is becoming almost as loathful as the previous Anet's silence. We could have Alliances just today and the WvW subforum would find another topic to start moaning again in less than one month.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I really don't want to take the role to defend Arenanet, but hell, this circlejerk is becoming almost as loathful as the previous Anet's silence. We could have Alliances just today and the WvW subforum would find another topic to start moaning again in less than one month

I must say that sometimes when I read the wvw forum I also have this feeling.

• Haha 1