Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Actions per min by Professions


Gigawatt.7850

Recommended Posts

a big problem with doing by Proffession is Some proffessions have Speccs which play at different APMS

I.E Tempest to Weaver.

but yeah, Necromancer tends to be a good choice when it comes down to Low intensity builds, as It relies on less Reflex with the fact alot of sustain is baked into its Shroud however after latest nerfs its effectiveness is now more questionable.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Engineer

 

:classic_blink:

If you want to remain anywhere in the greater vicinity of optimal this is the last class you should pick for low intensity unless support Mechanist is exactly what you're looking for. Then go for it because that's busted and pretty low intensity.

 

Necro and specifically Scourge sounds about right (only F1 and F5 being crucial, weapon swap entirely optional and situational). Power Soulbeast might be another (F1-F2 could be seen as mostly a bonus and cooldowns are relatively lenghty). Every other class is relatively keen on using many F keys and/or weapon swaps and lower cooldowns.

 

Among the new stuff:

Despite lower cooldowns condition Willbender might be a consideration since the number of buttons to be pressed is among the lowest in the game and it moves itself into position on every sword 2 teleport and F1.

Specter also only uses one weapon set and it's F2 shroud with long cooldowns on utility and is really tanky it needs some spamming of key 3 though but has a mind numbingly simple rotation overall while being really nuts DPS (meaning a lot more leeway if things aren't done optimally).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gigawatt.7850 said:

Getting older sucks(carpal tunnel).........Anyone happen to know the APM of professions most to least? 

I feel your pain, literally. But it's not just down to APM, and even if it was, that's not something you can make general statements about of professions as a whole. 

 

The best advice I can give you there is to really learn the game/your profession of choice and it's mechanics, to a point where you are confident in making your own- or adjusting existing builds (or to look for Low Intensity Builds, although they are often fairly flawed and may still not suit your gameplay preferences beyond being low intensity to play). 

 

Especially meta builds, benched to peak performance to get every little DPS increase into them no matter the cost, can often be reduced in complexity of rotations and buttons to press by 30-90%, while usually just losing 5-20% of their damage (while often actually increasing  performance for the majority of players in stress/actual use situations due to being simpler) - if you know what you are doing and what makes the builds work at their core.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in a similar situation age and worn out-wise. I recommend a Logitech Trackball, which has 2 extra buttons which I use for jump and dodge, and a Razer Tartarus, for most of the rest of your inputs. No keyboard necessary for most activity.  Both take getting used to, but make for much less wear and tear once you are comfortable with them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Would mention different builds of mechanist here.
U cant just say that mechanist has low apm bc it depends on which build you play.

https://youtu.be/URNB2JkmtG0

This build has highest damage on mechanist atm and it has fairly high apm.

Every class has apm dependent on how you play. Mechanist has fewer abilities than core engi and its mech is mostly passive AI, so unless you take a bunch of kits and want to do raid dps benchmarks its apm is probably a lot lower than most classes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Every class has apm dependent on how you play.

 

Not optimally and not begging to get carried either is the goal probably?

Every version of Mechanist is going to really suffer to get stuff done without at least one kit and the F skills are huge and not that responsive so require some mashing. You both underestimate the Grenade Kit and the pistol/mace autos.

 

On the other hand if swapping one weapon (which 1 Kit equates to) and 1 situational skill for each set (so 7 to be pressed at some point - Grenades have no auto) and long but powerful cooldowns for elite, F skills and the 1 utility that needs pressing then Mechanist is cool. Things just take forever if you're looking at them while auto attacking with your pistol because you don't have Grenades, although you could use them less. Just important to know what exactly you're getting yourself into.

 

The AI is not an upside in GW2. :classic_rolleyes:

 

 

Mirage in general is the most complex spec the game has to offer, staff is more straight forward but there still is some forced movement (including you running back into place). Not as piano as Catalyst or Weaver though.

 

 

Necromancer might be the best bet? I've just played a bunch of Harbinger and the weapon swap is good but one can do without using Scepter, the utilities are important but have lengthy cooldowns and Shroud is auto and 2, the rest is CC or movement stuff. It also kills things quickly which means less getting hit and less moving out of the way of things. And Scourge and Reaper also seem options. Seems like the perfect class then since it's not just one (possibly scuffed) spec but three?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Desh.7028 said:

 

:classic_blink:

If you want to remain anywhere in the greater vicinity of optimal this is the last class you should pick for low intensity unless support Mechanist is exactly what you're looking for. Then go for it because that's busted and pretty low intensity.

 

Necro and specifically Scourge sounds about right (only F1 and F5 being crucial, weapon swap entirely optional and situational). Power Soulbeast might be another (F1-F2 could be seen as mostly a bonus and cooldowns are relatively lenghty). Every other class is relatively keen on using many F keys and/or weapon swaps and lower cooldowns.

 

Among the new stuff:

Despite lower cooldowns condition Willbender might be a consideration since the number of buttons to be pressed is among the lowest in the game and it moves itself into position on every sword 2 teleport and F1.

Specter also only uses one weapon set and it's F2 shroud with long cooldowns on utility and is really tanky it needs some spamming of key 3 though but has a mind numbingly simple rotation overall while being really nuts DPS (meaning a lot more leeway if things aren't done optimally).

 

 

Thank you for all this info. Currently I play a core Warrior due to me being on the newer side. How does Warrior rate on this list? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Gigawatt.7850 said:

 

 

Thank you for all this info. Currently I play a core Warrior due to me being on the newer side. How does Warrior rate on this list? 

 

Well it's tanky ... condition Berseker might come closest to what you want, the rest probably not.

 

Spellbreaker requires perfect reaction on F2 and spams F1 in addition to 5 second weapon swap or you'll be hitting like a wet noodle (which I suppose isn't even fun when farming normal mobs alone). It also doesn't have a very high ceiling.

 

Power Berserker is all about getting as many Burst skills in as possible. I don't like it because I think it's somewhat hectic even though I know how and can do it. If you never do anything harder than open world it might be an option because it's medium performance is fine and you're durable and can take a handful of signets.

 

Bladesworn is more chill but all damage is in a single skill, the Dragon Trigger. If you get interrupted or have to move (you can only by using an ability to shadowstep around) it won't be fun because the rest of the kit hits like a pillow. It might be ok intensity wise but there will be ups and downs and you'll want some knowledge of whatever content you're doing in order to get the Trigger through.

All warriors have a 5 second weapon swap and you'll see a difference in efficacy if you ignore it.

 

Is naturally built in tankyness important?

What would you guess are the limit different buttons to push or is low APM in general (as in longer cooldowns) the main goal?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Desh.7028 said:

 

Well it's tanky ... condition Berseker might come closest to what you want, the rest probably not.

 

Spellbreaker requires perfect reaction on F2 and spams F1 in addition to 5 second weapon swap or you'll be hitting like a wet noodle (which I suppose isn't even fun when farming normal mobs alone). It also doesn't have a very high ceiling.

 

Power Berserker is all about getting as many Burst skills in as possible. I don't like it because I think it's somewhat hectic even though I know how and can do it. If you never do anything harder than open world it might be an option because it's medium performance is fine and you're durable and can take a handful of signets.

 

Bladesworn is more chill but all damage is in a single skill, the Dragon Trigger. If you get interrupted or have to move (you can only by using an ability to shadowstep around) it won't be fun because the rest of the kit hits like a pillow. It might be ok intensity wise but there will be ups and downs and you'll want some knowledge of whatever content you're doing in order to get the Trigger through.

All warriors have a 5 second weapon swap and you'll see a difference in efficacy if you ignore it.

 

Is naturally built in tankyness important?

What would you guess are the limit different buttons to push or is low APM in general (as in longer cooldowns) the main goal?

 

 

Thanks for all your help Desh, I really appreciate it. Well, the end goal is to not having my hands cramp at the end of a casual session. I do like some tankyness encase I make a dumb mistake and not dying a lot in open world and other game mode feels good. I always enjoy Warrior, the rotation feels very fluid and the dps seems pretty consentant. 

Everyone always says Guardian is good, how is it on the "spammy" level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gigawatt.7850 said:

 

 

Thanks for all your help Desh, I really appreciate it. Well, the end goal is to not having my hands cramp at the end of a casual session. I do like some tankyness encase I make a dumb mistake and not dying a lot in open world and other game mode feels good. I always enjoy Warrior, the rotation feels very fluid and the dps seems pretty consentant. 

Everyone always says Guardian is good, how is it on the "spammy" level.

firebrand is pretty spammy, dragonhunter is much less spammy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're looking for a low-maintenance build, I recommend the Auto Attack Renegade.  This is for open-world PVE but it can be adjusted for instanced content as well:

 

Gear: Full Berserker

Runes: Scholar x6

Sigils: Force, filler

Weapons: Sword + Sword, Shortbow

Legends: Dwarf, Assassin

Devastation: Unsuspecting Strikes, Thrill of Combat, Dance of Death

Invocation: Rising Tide, Incensed Response, Charged Mists or Call of the Mists

Renegade: Blood Fury, Heartpiercer, Vindication

 

The strategy for the build is really simple.  The two toggles (impossible odds, vengeful hammers) combined with the auto attack can lead to a surprisingly high sustained damage with virtually no input.  AT full buffs it is around 25k DPS.  So, you turn on impossible odds, and then auto attack with sword until you run out of energy.  When you do, swap to dwarf stance, turn on vengeful hammers, and just keep attacking.  When energy gets slow, swap to assassin and repeat the process.  This build will self-buff itself with 25 might and fury, all the while giving the enemy plenty of vulnerability.  The Devastation line will give plenty of self-regeneration without needing to use a heal skill.  Technically you can make any revenant an auto-attack build, but for low maintenance the renegade is the best option.

So... the strategy is to hit two buttons every 10 seconds until the enemy is dead.  That's it.  One to start auto attacking, and one for the toggle.  Then, one to swap elements, and another for the toggle.  Now, this build doesn't actually restrict you to auto attacking.  You can use the other sword skills to do more damage, or you could swap out Dwarf for Renegade to give yourself some pretty strong wells.  You can also change some traits around if you're traveling with a healer, or with somebody else who will cap might for you.

I recommend this build over the power signet mechanist build because the mech build requires outside buffs in order to be really good, and you'll end up having to mash the mech and mace skills anyway.  The Renegade, however, is largely self-buffing and requires even less inputs.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gigawatt.7850 said:

Everyone always says Guardian is good, how is it on the "spammy" level.

 

Around medium. Well above some of what was noted.

Dragonhunter is the worst of the 3 specs and asks for full usage of both weapon sets with skills that use ammo and thus have a de facto low cooldown. Compared to warrior it's relatively similar though, Warrior presses F1 a lot more often and because of how the Berserkers mechanic works you have a small time window to get your Bursts in or going to feel sad and weapon swap is 5 instead of 10 seconds but the other cooldowns are longer.

Willbender is Dragonhunter but more mobile and extra fast. I'd say it's a no.

Firebrand might be interesting but at least one utility will be an ammo skill (maybe even the heal skill) and the class is not as good as everyone says unless you really use it's class mechanics (3 tomes each with 5 skills, one tome for damage regularly and 2 when the situation requires it ... the latter is what makes it as good of a spec as it is). It uses the least weapon abilities out of all classes though (but ofc Tome F1 often instead) and weapon swap is optional and you won't see a big difference if you only ever swap to scepter if you need ranged damage for some reason.

 

I am also not aiming to build an extra low intensity build for you but rather look for a class with options that are low intensity, even if optimally played and then you yourself will have to judge and find out how much % of this optimum your situation allows. The fact that you seem interested and have potential to just learn about the game can easily still make you above average even if you slow down the optimal rotation. Slowing down just will have very different effects depending on the spec and combat might even feel unfulfilling in some cases.

Playing all the different classes and their feel and style of combat is a big upside with GW2 for me personally, even though when looking at it at a mathematical level there isn't that much difference between them.

Have you unlocked Berserker yet for Warrior? It's good to know core warrior doesn't feel clunky to you.

 

One more thing about Necromancer: You won't find any instanced groups with it but it's nice in the open world and omega low intensity ... open world minion Reaper. It's better than it seems at first glance as long as you don't actually AFK (which is the primary use of such a build and against the ToS actually) and is another option in a class that might offer you more than one path.

 

6 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

If you're looking for a low-maintenance build, this is why Dragon's End is such a clusterkitten. (sic)

 

I would at least make an attempt to help in a way that lets the OP both aim for low intensity without outright aiming to get carried in every group content and fall asleep when mobbing alone.

At the very least use a hammer for the love of the six five.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Desh.7028 said:

 

Around medium. Well above some of what was noted.

Dragonhunter is the worst of the 3 specs and asks for full usage of both weapon sets with skills that use ammo and thus have a de facto low cooldown. Compared to warrior it's relatively similar though, Warrior presses F1 a lot more often and because of how the Berserkers mechanic works you have a small time window to get your Bursts in or going to feel sad and weapon swap is 5 instead of 10 seconds but the other cooldowns are longer.

Willbender is Dragonhunter but more mobile and extra fast. I'd say it's a no.

Firebrand might be interesting but at least one utility will be an ammo skill (maybe even the heal skill) and the class is not as good as everyone says unless you really use it's class mechanics (3 tomes each with 5 skills, one tome for damage regularly and 2 when the situation requires it ... the latter is what makes it as good of a spec as it is). It uses the least weapon abilities out of all classes though (but ofc Tome F1 often instead) and weapon swap is optional and you won't see a big difference if you only ever swap to scepter if you need ranged damage for some reason.

 

I am also not aiming to build an extra low intensity build for you but rather look for a class with options that are low intensity, even if optimally played and then you yourself will have to judge and find out how much % of this optimum your situation allows. The fact that you seem interested and have potential to just learn about the game can easily still make you above average even if you slow down the optimal rotation. Slowing down just will have very different effects depending on the spec and combat might even feel unfulfilling in some cases.

Playing all the different classes and their feel and style of combat is a big upside with GW2 for me personally, even though when looking at it at a mathematical level there isn't that much difference between them.

Have you unlocked Berserker yet for Warrior? It's good to know core warrior doesn't feel clunky to you.

 

One more thing about Necromancer: You won't find any instanced groups with it but it's nice in the open world and omega low intensity ... open world minion Reaper. It's better than it seems at first glance as long as you don't actually AFK (which is the primary use of such a build and against the ToS actually) and is another option in a class that might offer you more than one path.

 

 

I would at least make an attempt to help in a way that lets the OP both aim for low intensity without outright aiming to get carried in every group content and fall asleep when mobbing alone.

At the very least use a hammer for the love of the six five.

Doing 25k DPS is not "being carried."  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Doing 25k DPS is not "being carried."  

 

At full buffs and I assume at the Golem with no mechanics and movement you're doing almost only half of what you should, that's really bad. You're parsing closer to a healer that even brings quick or alac than pure DPS.

The OP already stated that core Warrior seems to flow relatively well for them, the issue ofc is that core Warrior is utterly horrible and needs to be upgraded but this gives insight into what's possible (e.g. Necro) and what's not (probably Weaver).

 

Low intensity and low effort are also not the same thing.

This obliviousness is exactly why Soo-Won has been the clown show it has been the past two weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Desh.7028 said:

 

At full buffs and I assume at the Golem with no mechanics and movement you're doing almost only half of what you should, that's really bad. You're parsing closer to a healer that even brings quick or alac than pure DPS.

The OP already stated that core Warrior seems to flow relatively well for them, the issue ofc is that core Warrior is utterly horrible and needs to be upgraded but this gives insight into what's possible (e.g. Necro) and what's not (probably Weaver).

 

Low intensity and low effort are also not the same thing.

This obliviousness is exactly why Soo-Won has been the clown show it has been the past two weeks.

"Almost only half"?  Revenant doesn't do 50k DPS.  Besides, 25k DPS is a meaningful contribution that is sufficient enough for all content in the game.  Demanding any more is elitism.  As I said in the very second line of my post: this is a solo open-world build, and it can be adjusted to suit the needs of different circumstances.  The actual benchmark for power renegade while trying to maximize DPS is around the 34k mark.  That 25k number is the minimum done, assuming toggles with autos and nothing else.  You're talking to somebody who's relatively new to the game with a painful condition.  Maximizing benchmarks to please the elite is not in the immediate future, and it may not even be on the table given how frenetic fractals and raids can get.

Power Renegade is the build that I run when my wrists are so swollen that I have to play the game with one hand.  If Gigawatt's carpal tunnel is anything like mine was, then there'll be time when doing something as simple as vaulting and mashing 2 on Staff Daredevil hurts too much.  As someone who actually has this pain, recommending something like scourge or willbender is terrible advice, both because of the total number of different keys to be pressed as well as the sheer volume of key presses that doing a "rotation" on each of these professions demands.  To run scourge alone you'll need to press f1, f4 for CC, f5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for CC, 7, 10, as well as the movement buttons in a monotonous combo that never lets up.  Having to stretch out the hands to mash 10 different keys in a relentless manner with no clear sequences is going to hurt a lot.  Condition willbender also has an unrelenting rotations, as well as being a glass cannon.  It's not low APM if you have to constantly shuck and dive to stay alive.

This is why I recommend a build that has the player press 2 buttons, then wait 40 seconds to press two more buttons, and yet it still has good self-sustain with vulnerability, fury, and nearly capped might.  The only build that _might_ compare to how well power renegade does with how low effort it is would be power mechanist, but the mech doesn't self-buff to the might cap.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...