Daily Echovald Wilds Spirit Slayer not progressing. [Merged]

Yeah, which is the right one for it, I wonder. There's only one or two types of spirits on the map. The unbound ones and the canthan ones. 
Somehow the daily jade brootherhood slayer a few days ago wasn't tracking credit properly either and sometimes didn't count them in. It was he same map. I think maybe it's a map issue because there's also the last room of Valdhertz that doesn't spawn the boss and a few other bugs on the map. 
Glad I'm not the only one. Tried asking in map chat but nobody seemed to reply. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Yeah, which is the right one for it, I wonder. There's only one or two types of spirits on the map. The unbound ones and the canthan ones. 
Somehow the daily jade brootherhood slayer a few days ago wasn't tracking credit properly either and sometimes didn't count them in. It was he same map. I think maybe it's a map issue because there's also the last room of Valdhertz that doesn't spawn the boss and a few other bugs on the map. 
Glad I'm not the only one. Tried asking in map chat but nobody seemed to reply. 

I'm killing both right now. Neither Unbound or Canthan spirits are giving credit. ☹️

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rose Solane.1027 said:

No progress on this daily for me too. I have been killing NPC's for a few hours now in The Echovald Wilds, several of them had spirit in their name.

I finished yesterday with doing an event where you had to kill spirits at Zu Heltzer Historical Site. No progress for this daily at all.

I can confirm the bug. I do not think they are set as "Canthan" - since there is no achievement for that. The ones at the Court of Song ... should count.

But just now in Seitung for the purist slayer someone  said that ghosts near  Zen Daijun counted.

Those ghosts in Echovald might be set to "purists". At least for the ones at Court of Song that are actually should count to the achievement. Ghosts ... spirits - everything is the same. As long as there are no separate achievement everything that looks like a ghost should count.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to hate these dailies. Anet, if you're reading this you need to be MUCH more specific in the description if you're going to do this nonsense. A reasonable player sees kill 25 spirits, go kill any of the mobs literally called spirits and assume it's bugged. Either make the bloody thing say go do this one specific event that has the appointed mobs or change the thing to properly register ANY mob matching the incredibly vague description. That goes for every quest of this type and any you might be contemplating in the future. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Today and the last time this Daily came up, I ran the whole map and killed a couple of every mob I could find.  Nothing progressed this.  No one in map chat could figure it out either.

I checked the Wiki for EoD dailies and, the Echovald Wilds Spirit Slayer does not appear on the list with the other ones.

I don't know if it is bugged, or just programmed wrongly, since I would assume the Wiki would have this listed by now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Today and the last time this Daily came up, I ran the whole map and killed a couple of every mob I could find.  Nothing progressed this.  No one in map chat could figure it out either.

I checked the Wiki for EoD dailies and, the Echovald Wilds Spirit Slayer does not appear on the list with the other ones.

I don't know if it is bugged, or just programmed wrongly, since I would assume the Wiki would have this listed by now.

The Daily API is not working fully at this time. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...