Unlocking LW maps

I'm sure it's been asked and answered already. But I can't find it.

Each LW episode for seasons 3 and 4 plus IBS unlocks a map, right?

Once I get the map unlocked, I can stop playing the episode w/o repercussions, right? 

Is there anything else to unlock besides the maps?

I like the storyline. I despise the way they executed it as a game. I want to play as little of the episodes as possible but I don't want to miss anything important.

• Confused 1

I like the story. I'd love to read it. But I hate all mini-games. I hated playing as Caithe. I hate when the mechanics are changed for a story instance.

So I want to skip all that nonsense. But I wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on anything (other than the story).

• Like 1

Not sure you can really do that other than maybe seeing a consolidated story on youtube, especially with EoD, you have to play in order and doesn't unlock chapters for alts like previous content.  Plus missing out on things like mastery points and materials etc with each chapter.  Obviously play as you want but the system is what it is

LWS 3 and 4 have individual maps for each episode, along with a portal scroll that lets you get back to the map on each of your toons for free.  There is also a portal tome that will hold all of the portal scrolls for the season, so it only takes up one shared inventory slot for the entire season.  IBS has 1 map for the Prologue episode (Grothmar Valley), one map for the second two episodes (Bjora Marches), and one map for the last two episodes (Drizzlewood Coast), plus there is Eye of the North.  Some of the IBS stuff you have to do more stuff on map to get the portal scrolls, IIRC.  Dragonfall (last episode of season 4) also has you do a number of events to unlock the vendor that has the portal scroll for it, again, IIRC.

• Like 1