Do something about AFK on the airship during Dragon's End Meta.

13 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Is this really a thing? Never seen anyone being afk on the airship. 

It is when people start deciding its a lost cause. 

Easy solution,  would be a timer that boots them from the airship down, after 30 seconds ot a minute

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1. its a big map, there are 101 corners you can hide and afk in
  2. it's an open world map, people could be there for 10 other reasons, just because meta is happening doesnt mean they have to participate. besides, I actually find the airship great for map completion, dive down with griffon to reach any point quickly
  3. like someone said, if you are still on 60% after10mins or something, it's a lost cause
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Peterson.5172 said:
  1. its a big map, there are 101 corners you can hide and afk in
  2. it's an open world map, people could be there for 10 other reasons, just because meta is happening doesnt mean they have to participate. besides, I actually find the airship great for map completion, dive down with griffon to reach any point quickly
  3. like someone said, if you are still on 60% after10mins or something, it's a lost cause

They are in the squad. ....  they did it on purpose, just standing there since the start of the soo won fight. Then minute the fight is lost they still in the squad , but they have ported to New Kaineng City when I said they were afking.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

They are in the squad. .... 

maybe they had to answer the door, the phone, make a cup of coffee, have a smoke, or any other 100 things

This is one major flaw with making an open world map too hard, you can't expect people to dedicate time with no interruptions in open world

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Peterson.5172 said:

maybe they had to answer the door, the phone, make a cup of coffee, have a smoke, or any other 100 things

This is one major flaw with making an open world map too hard, you can't expect people to dedicate time with no interruptions in open world

i have the whole thing on screen record , its afk to leech.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Events scale. As long as you have the minimum amount of players, it ultimately doesn't matter and it's actually better to have people AFK outside of the event than to have them scale it up and not be able to carry their own weight. Obviously it would be better to replace them with competent players, but you can't control that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

People being AFK for most of a meta has been a thing since 2012. How many of you complaining about these players participate for the entire world boss metas?  Do any of you go to the platform for FE and just sit there while waiting for others do to the pre-events for you?  I don’t see any threads crated complaining about those people. If you think something should be done about those being AFK at DE then something should be done about those at world bosses. 

I suggest to just move on and ignore them. They’re not causing a meaningful impact towards you completing content. 

• Like 2

its not like DE meta is the only place people are leeching. Easiest example can be Drakkar.

6 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

it's an open world map, people could be there for 10 other reasons, just because meta is happening doesnt mean they have to participate

i agree, like in every other meta/event in game.

But whenever fight is just long and static/boring, more will lean towards leeching, again drakkar is a great example, its just event times three, not really interesting design and unfortunetly more and more events are designed like that. Looking at DE meta, 3 lanes that are exacly the same. You meet at middle and do again same thing fighting that small dragon. Now suprise, something different, charging crystals and at last end boss. Its very similar desing to dragon stand meta and look how that ended up. I don't see people rallying there over and over like other metas.

I can use simple analogy here - whoever watches anime knows how sometimes quality of animation can differ and many times people are dissapointed how some fight scenes go. I prefer having shorter sequence and wait a little longer so i can really enjoy the quality of specific scene instead of getting poor potato just for the sake of getting it faster. Same here in guild wars, i prefer shorter ecnounters that has some meaning into it instead of diluted fight, prolonged in stupid lazy way (do it x times - why not just once? ).

I think most would agree, no matter how hard or long meta is, how tired you are, if something really cool and engaging is happening, you gonna be active no matter what and have fun.

• Like 3

They can resolve this issue by making the DE meta better and/or increasing the player cap on the map.

The meta needs to be more rewarding with less RNG involved in success/failure, and the player cap should accommodate the many other things you are incentivized to do in DE outside of the meta (achievements, fishing, exploration, resource gathering, strike access, etc.) As it stands, DE tries to simultaneously invite too many different types of play while hinging the success of the entire map meta on only one type of play, ensuring player conflict and a deficit of players engaging with the meta as opposed to the other things.

If they can't do this, the meta should be moved to an instance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2