Specter Wells are super clunky

Xorthos.6947

Is anyone else running into issue with wells not firing off sometimes due to pathing?

I can't count how many times I've gotten the "there is no direct path to this location" message due to a slight elevation in the terrain during a fight.  When it happens, it throws off my entire rotation, because I have to run around and find the perfect sweet spot to be able to use my abilities.  It's especially bad when I'm in heal spec and trying to drop wells on an injured group, since half of our heal ability comes from shadowstepping.

I'm not sure if it's just me being bad, or if others are having the same issue.

Edited by Xorthos.6947
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't think the game counts them as shadow steps.

None of the shadow arts abilities activates correctly with them. Nor does the one specter trait. If that is a bug... You probably won't ever see it fixed. Cuz there's still plenty of bugs in thief thats been known... But never touched for years 

Edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497
  • Sad 1

The pathing with Wells is an issue. I also sometimes get stalled in front of a Scepter or Shroud skill when I'm rolling through them too fast. Normally when I roll through skills like playing a piano, it will combo skills and actions like dodge and jump together or roll into the next skill, but Scepter and Shroud skills and Wells will just come to a full stop and I'll have to realize I'm stalled and scramble to catch up in the fight. 

2 hours ago, Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

I don't think the game counts them as shadow steps.

None of the shadow arts abilities activates correctly with them. Nor does the one specter trait. If that is a bug... You probably won't ever see it fixed. Cuz there's still plenty of bugs in thief thats been known... But never touched for years 

I've had absolutely no issues with shadowstep traits firing off, only pathing issues.

The only issue I've seen is Infiltrators Strike not triggering both Shadow Savior and Teaversing Darkness. 

Wells certainly do trigger all the heals. The no valid path issue is true for all teleports, this also limits the heals on stairs on walls in WvW. 

It's the shadowstep curse that has existed ever since they broke the mechanics several years ago so we couldn't reverse shadowstep through walls~ and never fixed them. Ironically years later they turned Shadowtrap into a mesmer portal since it was useless forever since then but wont fix anything else.