Maws of torment completion rate

This event should be completed by at least 5 people as it takes at least 5 people to kill the legendary after the event. Even the other event, Junundu Rising, that happens on the same map has more chances of completion than this one mainly because the npcs don't get stuck this often and the monsters there are reasonable.

It's possible to let the first phase fail and then cheat the next phase, as mentioned by the wiki:

Using the skyscale's Blast skill, players can destroy the East Realm Portal, which progresses the event past the bug.

It makes the event much easier to complete by a single person and you don't depend on the NPCs, but you won't get the achievements either.

Most people die in the middle (north) lane and don't return because it's a dead event. There is no one using LFG for this event in a week as the reward is too low compared to other events (Battle in Tarir) happening at the same time and the enemies are too strong for just a couple of people to try it out.

• jojorne.2175 changed the title to Maws of torment completion rate

In general most POF-Events are dead content, especially the one you need for Achievments.

I needed Month's to complete the Tale of judgment for the Royal Funerary Shoulder, because no did know what to do. Even with a ton of CC this wasn't enough until someone came and did the "i afk here outside, you do the job inside so she don't reset" ....

Now maws of torment is the last event i'am missing, but sorry, as long as anet don't touch these event's i don't do this another time.

Edited by Fuchslein.8639
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just in case anyone encounters the same issue as me, as I think this will be my last post about this event:
A support ticket will only speak to the GM and a Game Masters is not a game developer, so they suggest you to try the event again and use the forums and the game "Support > Report a Bug" so that Guild Wars developers can see the issue.

I understand you're reaching out to us regarding an event that has stalled and is now blocking your progression. Unfortunately, we Game Masters are unable to force these events to start, nor are we able to provide rewards for events that were attempted or completed. With this being the case, we'll have to ask you to complete the event once more.

You can attempt to find a Map Instance in which this Event is working as intended by using the LFG tool to find a group in this zone. Once you join this group, you can switch the Map Instance to see if the event there is progressing as intended. You can check if you're on another Map Instance by using the /ip chat command using the In-Game chat window. If the IP is different from the last time you used it, this means you're on a new instance. If all else fails, please attempt this event after the Daily Reset at 0:00 UTC, as events are reset during this time.

We understand your frustration and while we would love to help, unfortunately, Customer Support has no influence on the changes made in-game - only the Development Team can make such changes.

With that being said, please be reassured that if you submitted an in-game bug report, or posted the issue on the forums, the Development Team will look into it. Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, so they will be sure to address the problem and patch it as soon as possible. With that being said, please know that Customer Support has no information on when this issue will be fixed. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jojorne.2175 said:

Just in case anyone encounters the same issue as me, as I think this will be my last post about this event:
A support ticket will only speak to the GM and a Game Masters is not a game developer, so they suggest you to try the event again and use the forums and the game "Support > Report a Bug" so that Guild Wars developers can see the issue.

I'm sorry they not only didn't bother to fix what never worked in PoF, but developed a whole new expansion that shares a lot of the same issues.  I guess they just don't have the resources to develop or maintain a decent game anymore.

• Like 1