Opinion on Dragon's End Meta.

22 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

Be happy that we finally have something challenging again, something you can learn from instead of rushing through it and saying after you've done it "When comes the next living story? I'm bored, I've done everything.." 😉

Most of the feedback I've read would indicate a lot of people are either tapping out of this meta specifically, or getting burned out on the game in general because of it. That's hardly a solution to boredom.

• Like 6

On 3/14/2022 at 7:41 PM, Mystflower.7319 said:

I first wasn't sure if I should share my opinion on it, since so many people already have but... I figured I should anyways.

I don't think it should be changed. And yes I know, people will hate me for it. I call myself an average player, I have never done raids because I already know that I won't be able to keep the elites happy 😉 But that  said, the META event reminds of the old days when Guild Wars 2 just came out and we all had to learn how the mechanics of the lovely dungeons worked. We didn't complain back then that the dungeons were to hard, we kept trying, learning, trying, learning, until we finally managed to succeed. And once you've succeed, you know what to do and what not to do. And yes in this case, your luck depends on all those people who are with you trying to do the event.  My tip is: Listen to your commander, listen to what the NPC's are saying, because they do give you valuable tips on what to do next. Plus, I know everyone loves to use their own builds but yes, for events like these it will help if you check online some builds that do good dps and cc and quickness (I am a noob myself when it comes to these things). Also having a lot of firebrands in your team, works as well! (That's how I managed to get the egg).

As I understand the frustration of failing over and over again (I took me five tries), the more you do it, the better you get at it as you learn what to look out for, when to dodge and yes in the end the dodging part is a pain in the butt but once you get the hang of it, it gets easier.  And once you learn something, don't keep your knowledge to yourself, share it with others who struggle. So, my point basically is: Be happy that we finally have something challenging again, something you can learn from instead of rushing through it and saying after you've done it "When comes the next living story? I'm bored, I've done everything.." 😉

This might be valid, if improving actually increased your odds. There are so many random things that can happen in the Soo-Won fight that make skill less of a factor than chance.

I was in an organized group of 40 the other day and we lost, it was chalked up to bad RNG with nonstop invuln-swoops. Why that's even possible, I don't know. Poor design, honestly.

I'd say that your success within five tries is too small of a sample size for accurate data. It sounds more like you got a lucky encounter with favorable mechanics. Which, I'm glad for you, but it doesn't mean this encounter is good.

You ought to keep doing it 20 more times, just to know what other folks are made to experience. It's a fun encounter to do anyway, so no reason you wouldn't want to spend 2-3 hours, 20+ times for sample data!

One can be completely on top of the mechanics and know everything, never get downed, yet you're still reliant on open-world players. Even in highly coordinated, you're still beholden to random mechanic nonsense tacking on tons of time that can nullify the possibility of completion.

If there were 5 minutes added and the RNG was knocked off some, it'd likely be possible for even the most disorganized maps. (Imo, that's indicative of poor design, rather than interesting or difficult design)

This is all completely separate from the fact that over 10 years of content, people could just show up and succeed in open-world content with whatever gear, whatever spec. Until now.

Edited by Wraith.3524
grammar
  • Like 1

Finally succeeded doing this. As stated by others it is important to get to know the mechanics of this meta and be in a group that generally understand these mechanics as well. Main problem is that maps are constantly full so finding a decent group is not so easy. The group I was in was also in a filled map. Somehow after trying dozens of times I got in but at that point all preps were already maxed out so i could not get my maxed stacks within time anymore. So I could not open all reward chests at the end....sigh.

A few things though, I am not so lucky with the extremely crowded environment, especially the last phase. Normal oversight over the overall situation is difficult due to loads of players, foes, bubbles, water spouts etcetera etcetera. I also do not fully understand the tail which sometimes you have to break bar and sometimes not. When does this happen? Also the apparent rage mode at the end. So still a lot to learn.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1