Same name, different skins

As I have started doing the new strikes and have gotten the new Saltspray weapons, I noticed that there are in fact to different sets of Saltspray weapons. While not exactly something that makes the game ''unplayable'', it would be good if the different colour sets got different prefixes. So for example: the green tinted one could be River Saltspray and the blue tinted one could be Ocean Saltspray or something like that. Would make a little more convenient to browse the wardrobe and trading post.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

wait, they have a pallet swapped set of skins and failed to give it a different name? That is very unlike them. I have seen several vendors that sell alternate skins and the alternates all have a different prefixes.  I recall that I had to unlock the alternate color weapon by obtaining the original color.  Is that the same here? 

How overworked is the staff to let this oversite slip through?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

wait, they have a pallet swapped set of skins and failed to give it a different name? That is very unlike them. I have seen several vendors that sell alternate skins and the alternates all have a different prefixes.  I recall that I had to unlock the alternate color weapon by obtaining the original color.  Is that the same here? 

How overworked is the staff to let this oversite slip through?

I don't think there's any way to know exactly how/why it happened unless someone at Anet decides to tell us, but the end result is that there's two versions of each Saltspray weapon - one blue with dragon's stats and one green with assassin's stats. Both come from the same containers so it's not a two-step collection or anything like that. It's more like the crafted ascended weapons where the default skin is a different colour depending on the stats.

The only problem is it makes it hard to search for one you want on the Trading Post because both versions will come up and you need to check the stats to tell them apart.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If they don't change the names, I guess players will have to learn which stat goes with which, or preview the item? 

The Devs will probably make an adjustment in the name(s), I guess. 

Bit harder to learn the statline for a skin. A name change would benefit both those seeking the stats and those who wish to use them for fashion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rayamon.4358 said:

Bit harder to learn the statline for a skin. A name change would benefit both those seeking the stats and those who wish to use them for fashion.

Haven't seen it in the patchnotes, but the names were changed today - Spindrift (green), Saltspray (blue)

• Thanks 3