(PvE mostly) Can you guys please buff spellbreaker and rework swords?

Zekent.3652

Let's be honest here, spellbreaker is on a really sad state on PvE and eclipsed by other roammers on PvP, it's not terrible, not unplayable, but still can't afford valuable things to the team compared to the other classes, and got so many nerfs over the years without a single compensation, that they're not even antimagicians anymore (their main role!).

And please, it's awful that such an iconic warrior weapon since GW1 is on such a sad state, just rework swords, let us know that we're the real masters of weapons.

And yeah, arms, the always forgotten and sad buddy.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Full Counter should do damage again. Change my mind.

Well they did nerf the Daze that made the RP of full countaring for pvp, so why not, slap some condi cleanse on the nerfed Revenge counter and it will probably SpB might be decent again vs the SPELL casters that is supposed to counter, the damage doesn't need to be even that high just enough to kill mesmer clones. 

24 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What makes SB sad in PVE? It's one of the most capable soloing builds Warrior has and boon stripping features that prove REALLY useful in EoD content.

Are people just QQing about not being meta-level DPS some more?

The issue is more that there are now 3 dps focused Especs for warrior which means that only the best one gets used.

17 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The issue is more that there are now 3 dps focused Especs for warrior which means that only the best one gets used.

Well, depends on the situation. I have 5 builds on Warrior and I use them all depending on what I want to do. I mean, if players see things so simply as the solution to everything is just 'DPS' ... then I can see why they would think the 'not-DPS' specs are 'very sad'. If they just want to solve everything with DPS ... then just use THE DPS build. DONE. No reason for ANY OTHER BUILD to compete with it. 

But that's not actually how the game works. Spellbreaker has some very relevant and useful utility that non-SB doesn't, so it HAS a reason for people to use it if they choose to do so and it's not 'very sad' there. Same goes for Berserker and BsW. 

TLDR: Just because some people don't see the value doesn't mean it's not there. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

What makes SB sad in PVE? It's one of the most capable soloing builds Warrior has and boon stripping features that prove REALLY useful in EoD content.

Are people just QQing about not being meta-level DPS some more?

Judging a spec based on open world only 🤡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Judging a spec based on open world only 🤡

Maybe you need to explain yourself in your posts better because you just said 'very sad in PVE' ... that can mean LOTS of things. How does anyone have a meaning discussion about such a vague statement?

What does SB need to do in instanced content to make it 'not sad' anymore? More DPS? IF that's it, then the answer is just to use the DPS build/spec appropriate for the content ... JUST like a good player would use SB in OW content when it's features are useful. 

Not every option needs to be useful in every situation. Use the right tool for job. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

well obviously 20% of 0 is 1000%

If we do actual maffs, Full Counter does 27 damage. A 20% boost means you will deal 32.4 damages!
It would take 359 and a half traited full counters to down an Armorless Elementalist.