Canthan region names added to the world map

SunRoamer.5103

The world map previously only showed the specific zone names for Cantha, but not the general region names. This has now been updated and features not only the expected regions of Shing Jea Island, New Kaineng, The Echovald Forest and The Jade Sea, but also completely new ones.

The northern ruins of Old Kaineng are labelled as Drowned Kaineng, the mountain to the south where Wona's Estate can be found is called Kirin Peak and the mountainous region to the north of the Jade Sea is called Great Turtle Highlands. The southern bits of Old Kaineng that might still be intact are sadly not labelled at all, and neither is the mountain range to the west of the Echovald. Qinkai is also not mentioned, despite being very distinct from its surrounding areas.

This doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to what the future holds, but it's nice to have the world beyond the playable space be acknowledged and expanded upon in some way or another.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the things I only noticed about the Factions manual relatively recently was that it describes the Kurzicks and the Luxons as "the two most populous and diverse vassal cultures in the Empire", implying the existence of other, more obscure human cultures in Cantha.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tamias.7059 said:

One of the things I only noticed about the Factions manual relatively recently was that it describes the Kurzicks and the Luxons as "the two most populous and diverse vassal cultures in the Empire", implying the existence of other, more obscure human cultures in Cantha.

I'd imagine such statements could imply the smaller cultures would eventually (before GW1) become extensions/sub-cultures of these two mainstays, being absorbed into the mass similar to many real life cultures up to this day.