New Skiff Skin.

Its nice reminds me of the elfish boats in LOTR but the curve of the stand holding the lantern is WAY too big and high. blocking view and rather distracting. Solution. Make it lower just slightly above character head height when standing. also where is the rudder bar like in the previous 2 skiff skins?

Edited by Linksroyal.8903
  • Haha 1

Yeah, looks nice. And I wouldn't mind the price tag. After all I've bought almost every mount skin in the game. But I'm still not over that feeling they somehow screwed me with this turtle thing, so I will shift my budget to other things for a while.

Started playing Lego again after 45 years abstinence, or to be more precise: alternative brick manufacturers. Amazing brick sets for a grown-up audience I found at e.g. Cobi or Bluebrixx (this amazing castle Blaustein!). A bit pricy, but hey... Ok, I stop it derailing 😇

Edited by yoguil.7320
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Linksroyal.8903 said:

Its nice reminds me of the elfish boats in LOTR but the curve of the stand holding the lantern is WAY too big and high. blocking view and rather distracting. Solution. Make it lower just slightly above character head height when standing. also where is the rudder bar like in the previous 2 skiff skins?

Slightly above Charr character height, and do you mean max height or shortest height, or slightly above Asura height, max or shortest? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, yoguil.7320 said:

Yeah, looks nice. And I wouldn't mind the price tag. After all I've bought almost every mount skin in the game. But I'm still not over that feeling they somehow screwed me with this turtle thing, so I will shift my budget to other things for a while.

Started playing Lego again after 45 years abstinence, or to be more precise: alternative brick manufacturers. Amazing brick sets for a grown-up audience I found at e.g. Cobi or Bluebrixx (this amazing castle Blaustein!). A bit pricy, but hey... Ok, I stop it derailing 😇

i did not get the turtle one though. normally i will consider getting a mount skin if its Really different in looks. Synergics Tanks please arenanet LOL for turtle

It looks nice, but I can't help but feel that the high end part of the boat could get in the way when fishing, and until all the problems with fishing are resolved (and there are many!), I feel like there's no point buying any skins, whether they're skiff skins or fishing rod skins, until fishing as a whole, is fixed. There's far too many things wrong with fishing right now for me to bother.

That skiff looks a little wierd and that lamp post looks a bit too high imo. Then again I'm not really interested as I already bought the Deluxe "End of Dragons" pack that had the "Shing Jea Dragon Boat Skiff Skin" in it so I'm good. I also care little about a fishing rod with a dragon wrapped around it as you barely see the thing; so I'll just keep the Striped Fishing Rod that I bought from some merchant. 😜

Only thing I spent some gems on was that 'infused' pack with the katana and wakizashi skins. I already had "Belinda's Greatsword Skin" which was a twohanded 'katana' so now I have a full set I guess. 😉

I have the new skiff.

Pros:  Dyes nicely, is a quite different configuration (if you have a full party I think they'll be sitting single file) so it's not just a reskin, has a strong sense of motion that couuuuuld make me motion sick but hasn't yet, feels like a luxury boat.

Cons:  That post fills a lot of vertical space when moving the skiff.  Even zoomed out it's a distracting vertical bar and though it's slender, it still feels like it's obstructing my view.  It also lightens dye a lot, and the lantern seems to light the back of the post, so yeah, distracting.  The slender platform is easier to fall off.  In fact, it's possibly bugged.  I was trying to anchor and the skiff kept just disappearing and dumping me in the water.  On one attempt, as I plunged to another soaking, I saw the skiff zooming away sideways into the distance.  As in, perpendicular to my line of sight and retreating along my line of sight.  I lol'd.  I was pretty near the circular tiny isle in Shing Jea harbor with a hero point and an elite explainer on it.  When I shifted a couple more feet away, anchoring worked normally.

I like the new skin, looks great and hope there's more skins coming soon. Likely won't be using this one for fishing since looks more like a looooove boat (que love boat theme). :classic_love: :classic_biggrin:

I did notice that if your character wears a cape (or other big backpack) it's clipping thru the back end esp when moving forward. When anchored the benches also hinder characters movement on the skiff, have to jump over them to get to the front.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Confused 1