Lore Strikes / Raids?

Pyriel.4370

Personally I don't think will see Strikes/Raids being used to push lore moving forward.
Anet seems to have realised people don't like it which is why most of them nowdays are either remixes of story fights or related in a fringe kind of way (for instance Boneskinner).

I think will get the content but not with lore locked behind them.

2 hours ago, morsdood.1987 said:

99% sure Raisu Palace is going to be a strike location, a Tahnakai fractal would be neat though

I feel more like Raisu Palace would be a central/big part of a new episode map.

3 minutes ago, Laken.9018 said:

Personally I don't think will see Strikes/Raids being used to push lore moving forward.
Anet seems to have realised people don't like it which is why most of them nowdays are either remixes of story fights or related in a fringe kind of way (for instance Boneskinner).

Well, going off previous examples, The Raids had their own storyline that was alongside, but not part of the main story. So if they do more with it it'd be that. Either repeat/redone story boss, or a separate story alongside the commander's journey.

1 minute ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

I feel more like Raisu Palace would be a central/big part of a new episode map.

Well, going off previous examples, The Raids had their own storyline that was alongside, but not part of the main story. So if they do more with it it'd be that. Either repeat/redone story boss, or a separate story alongside the commander's journey.

Yes and the playerbase particularly rioted when raids were first released as we were told it wasn't relevant to the main story at all and then it turned out the raid storyline was basically the prebuild to the upcoming Living World Season and then they later locked Saul/Dhuum Lore in their respective raids as well.

I've noticed since then raids don't use any hot button lore points anymore or Strikes as mentioned are just reuse.

On 3/15/2022 at 4:33 PM, Pyriel.4370 said:

Where ma boi Kanaxai at? Urgoz also?

Perhaps a factions fractal where you fight shiroken in Tahnnakai Temple?

Show me your ideas!

Kanaxai is dead. We killed him in GW1. No other demon comes back to life, and I don't think Kanaxai should either.

Urgoz is hinted at potentially returning though, due to his nature as a forest spirit. But might not be a threat anymore with Dreslav free and stronger than Urgoz.

Why would you just want to replay GW1 content in GW2 though? You got GW1 for that.

What I'd like to see is a strike that features the return of Zhu Hanuku though. Or a fractal that is the original fight with Shiro Tagachi (with Saint Viktor and Archemorous as NPC allies). Speaking of just Canthan-themed fractals/strikes/etc.

4 hours ago, morsdood.1987 said:

99% sure Raisu Palace is going to be a strike location, a Tahnakai fractal would be neat though

More likely to be Season 6 storyline, IMO.

1 hour ago, Laken.9018 said:

I agree, though I don't firmly like it. Hopefully this means we'll get scalable versions of the Forsaken Thicket raids (if not all seven raids) in the future. But given IBS, EoD, and the upcoming S1 strike, it's very, very likely all strike/raids in the future will be story encounters. Or variations thereof like Shiverpeak Pass being technically a post-story Strike that has the story boss.

Personally, I'd prefer a setup that mixes Forging Steel with EoD CMs (difficulty wise) and the Qadim raids (story wise). Which is to say, a scaling story driven normal mode, with a raid-level difficulty CM. But narratively, it should just be a side story that parallels the main story. Forsaken Thicket was too important to the narrative and foreshadowing to lock behind hard 10-man content; Bastion of the Past onward were much better design story-wise because they're not directly involved in the main plot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, morsdood.1987 said:

Indeed, and the strike would be an inevitable part of it

I hope they don't Fahranur it and just leave it as a story instance

Or it could just be part of the open world map set in Drowned Kaineng. They could easily fit both it, and the old temple, into an LWS4/IBS sized map

I can't see how Raisu Palace would be a strike. It's constantly described as being filled with many angry spirits, and hordes of Risen pouring out from within it, assumed to be a Risen nest deep inside the ruins.

This doesn't sound like a Strike which is, basically, a boss arena. Maybe like a throne room? But all the NPC chatter about it would place it more as like, something akin to anything ranging from Jahai keep to Kamadan or the Mordent great hall. At worst, Gandara.

1 hour ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

I can't see how Raisu Palace would be a strike. It's constantly described as being filled with many angry spirits, and hordes of Risen pouring out from within it, assumed to be a Risen nest deep inside the ruins.

This doesn't sound like a Strike which is, basically, a boss arena. Maybe like a throne room? But all the NPC chatter about it would place it more as like, something akin to anything ranging from Jahai keep to Kamadan or the Mordent great hall. At worst, Gandara.

Not all strikes are a single room. Forging Steel being a prime example.

But I am expecting the already announced Canthan map to be Raisu Palace and surrounding Drowned Kaineng area, with Raisu Palace basically being how they suggested Ascalon City would be pre-release (which didn't come to pass; a location filled to the brim of enemies with a meta boss involved; I guess like the Dragon's Stand towers); and possibly a strike with the final boss.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086