Why Hurt the Devoted?

Kredo.5640

Hello Anet,

Why do you have to kill the funs of Benchmarks and DPS? What's the point of being challenged when you keep oppressing innovations? Have you ever thought of the devoted? Have you ever tried to be reasonable?

As much as I want Guild Wars 2 to grow, why hurt the devoted while promoting the game? What's the plan here? Can you please look for more responses before pulling something like Elementalist gutting? Really, the players that enjoy classes since their releases such as Elementalist, Scourge, Thief, Chrono, etc,... don't deserve the treatments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

tbh the creation of Catalyst. was the Oprssed innovations. theres nothing innovative about it.

its a Core Ele. With Pretty balls floating around it and a F5 which is awkward to use.

I don't understand since when weapons are considered a profession mechanic. 

I mean, if I was at anet I'd see the forums, see suggestions, try to come up with something ele has been doing for a while now. A new way to attune elements. Not some cheap F5 field and Aura interaction that is Tempest's thing.

Same for specs like Bladesworn, just a kit... Limiting all potential with core weapons, good or bad...

Mechanist... Just a pet....

Untamed has more flavor now with both the mode switching and the ambush skills, but I still don't see a reason as to why pet families didn't get a unique F untamed ability and all got the same 3. F3 should have been more like Soulbeast.

Rev isn't any better. Just a very weird and unbalanced dual legend and a F key that grants some endurance. Superman dodge is aight ig as a concept..

Willbender thematically changes very nicely and is unique.

Virtuoso would be better with unique effects and not the same mesmer kitten shatters rebranded for the 3rd time.

Specter is not better. Just a shroud.. Sure it's unique for thief tho.

Necro just a Necro with no shroud, not rly what I'd have in mind, they still are necros but I don't care about Necro anyway. 

Tldr: very uncreative things from an obviously undermanned and probs underpaid staff. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

tbh the creation of Catalyst. was the Oprssed innovations. theres nothing innovative about it.

its a Core Ele. With Pretty balls floating around it and a F5 which is awkward to use.

Seriously I just don't understand the concept behind Catalyst. 

Virtuoso: A Mesmer who trades the deception of illusions for more direct damage.

Harbinger: A Necromancer who uses life force for explosive skills rather than protection.

Catalyst: An Elementalist... with 1 extra skill?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

Virtuoso: A Mesmer who trades the deception of illusions for more direct damage.

To be honest, with shatters having been central to mesmer since.... ever, virtuoso isn't doing anything different, it's just the same but now you don't have clones, that's all.

That being said, at least it didn't get nerfed first patch out like catalyst did, I definitely commiserate with my fellow elementalists.

1 minute ago, Hirosama Nadasaki.6792 said:

To be honest, with shatters having been central to mesmer since.... ever, virtuoso isn't doing anything different, it's just the same but now you don't have clones, that's all.

That being said, at least it didn't get nerfed first patch out like catalyst did, I definitely commiserate with my fellow elementalists.

I know it doesn't live up to the theme but at least the idea is there. For Catalyst I can't even see the idea.

5 minutes ago, Lethion.8745 said:

I know it doesn't live up to the theme but at least the idea is there. For Catalyst I can't even see the idea.

When I first saw catalyst I was quite excited, it seemed like some sort of techno-mage and the concept of gathering energy and using the ball to release made me think it'd be like "switch attunements to gather energy over time, then spend all energy on a big aoe burst", kinda like a caster bladesworn even? But then it was just... a field. You make fields. They don't even do damage they're just there for the combo fields, man I deflated fast. Virtuoso and Catalyst are definitely the two least interesting specs out of the bunch for me.

Edited by Hirosama Nadasaki.6792
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Lethion.8745 said:

Seriously I just don't understand the concept behind Catalyst. 

Harbinger: A Necromancer who uses life force for explosive skills rather than protection.

Catalyst: An Elementalist... with 1 extra skill?

It's because it's hard to make Elite specs for Ele. One idea behind Elites is to trade out one thing/change their class mechanic.

Necro changes how their shroud works.

Guardian trades their Virtues.

It works more or less, better for some classes than for others.
Then there's Ele. The entire class mechanic is a glorified weapon swap. How do you change that in a meaningful and interesting way?
Tempest's overloads are only interesting so far. A big part of Tempest's identity is held together by aurashare, which isn't even a Tempest thing since it's technically core ele. Weaver is probably the more interesting as it changes how the weapon swap works on a fundamental level.
And now we have a situation where we want to give Ele a Jade Sphere, but can't really trade anything out for it. Makes it feel a lot like Core Ele +1.

13 minutes ago, Bleikopf.2491 said:

It's because it's hard to make Elite specs for Ele.

I am aware of that. But something they could do with Catalyst was basically Enhancement Shaman from WoW. I mean it's already halfway there. I can even say that that's what they were taking inspiration from but they messed it up while trying to make it original. Instead of having one Jade Sphere at a time, Catalyst could be able to place multiple fields like Shaman totems. And as a trade-off, placing a field would make you unable to switch attunements for a short duration. I don't know man they had 5 years and if I can come up with this in 10 mins, they could surely create a more well-defined spec.

Here's the plain truth... the Team behind the new e-specs has no idea how to program an actual new mechanic. So they just added a gyro to the ele and called it a day. 

It's like when you modify an old Map from Warcraft 3 and make your own lil heroes. (That's an RTS game for those too young to remember...) 

Look how great the PoF e-specs are. FB, Scourge, Holosmith, Deadeye, Soul Beast. Soul Beast especially, that spec took a LOT of work and it's worth it.