Fishing Party Mastery not working anymore because you lose association with your skiff as soon as you anchor it (Crescent Canoe Skin Only)

As soon as you anchor your skiff you get the "Losing association with Skiff" debuff.

Your skiff does not despawn once the timer runs out. However, you don't get the fishing party buff anymore if you catch fish from fishing holes because you are no longer associated with your own skiff I assume.

EDIT: After some further testing, this only seems to happen if the Crescent Canoe Gemstore Skin is applied to the Skiff. That's two new issues exclusively related to new Gemstore Skins for Fishing Rods and Skiffs introduced today.

Edited by AysonCurrax.3254
Found out it only happens on the Crescent Canoe Skin
  • Sad 1

• AysonCurrax.3254 changed the title to Fishing Party Mastery not working anymore because you lose association with your skiff as soon as you anchor it (Crescent Canoe Skin Only)

I've had this too and curiously, it seems to be fine if you are standing on the seats but on the floor of the skiff you lose association. It seems to have a dodgy hitbox or something because it is registering you as not being inside the skiff.

Edit: further testing indicates that it is just the two ends, beside the drivers seat and equivalent part on the front where the skiff narrows. The three spaces between passenger seats appear to be fine, as do standing on the sides, curved bits at the front and back and even the empty space at the sides where the hitbox is bigger than the model,.

Edited by Strutter.2719
More details

17 minutes ago, Strutter.2719 said:

I've had this too and curiously, it seems to be fine if you are standing on the seats but on the floor of the skiff you lose association. It seems to have a dodgy hitbox or something because it is registering you as not being inside the skiff.

Thanks for that info. I went back and double check and it indeed doesn't happen when you stand the seats.

Edited by AysonCurrax.3254
  • Like 1

Same problem here with the new Crescent Canoe gem shop skin!

It's very disappointing to spend real money on gems then buy this bugged skiff. I know you can move to the middle when you stop but it would be nice if it just worked without issues that I need to workaround every time I stop.

The smallest amount of testing would of revealed this issue. Hopefully it can be fixed ASAP or I will request a refund on this item.

Edited by Matite.9543

Crescent canoe is awful for this, and the pre-order skiff skin is pretty bad with it as well. The normal skin, however, is not, and I'm wondering if it's because the non-standard skins floors are lower than the standard skin's floor, thus it thinking that you are somehow outside the skiff.