Can you please look at skill 3 of hammer? Then u actually know what you did.

SeTect.5918

Skill 3 of hammer is the only reason why catalyst benched so high. It is dealing more damage while standing inside the boss/golem. 

Then you ll deal 44k dps on large and 43k on small hitbox.

However in a real scenario you wont stand inside the boss, because of squishyness of cata and mechanics of bosses. This makes this whole "inside-the-boss" benchmark thing totally unrealistic. 

If you stand outside of the boss its far more realistic and there the dps was just 38-39k dps as full dps catalyst. 

You saw the bench of 44k and decided to nerf skills while the only problem was hammer 3 because as i said, it deals more damage inside the boss than outside of it. 

Now you nerfed the skills and traits and in a halfway realistic scenario, catalyst deals 33.5k dps now. (Look at the benchmark of roul, linked under the post)

I said "halfway realistic" because in addition there are coming tons of dodges and so on because catalyst has 0 sustain so it would be even less than 33.5k. 

The full dps catalyst does as much dps as a quickness support now, i wonder how low quickness catalyst benchmark is...

Full dps catalyst:

Great job. 

Catalyst has no damage now.

Catalyst has no sustain (even less than before march 15 nerf).

Catalyst is still clunky and has too low ccs and auras to gain good elemental empowerment uptime. (Bad synergy with traits)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I would not expect anything good to come from anet classwise especially for ele. They just don't care. If they cared it would show, but what shows is they put in the bare minimum effort with changes. 

The problem is they never made quickness a choice with catalyst. So dps and quick are essentially the same. So anyone who builds for dos won't do much more than a quickness cata. Quickness should have been a trait option. Maybe then they wouldn't have made such a brain dead decision. 

1 hour ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I would not expect anything good to come from anet classwise especially for ele. They just don't care. If they cared it would show, but what shows is they put in the bare minimum effort with changes. 

The problem is they never made quickness a choice with catalyst. So dps and quick are essentially the same. So anyone who builds for dos won't do much more than a quickness cata. Quickness should have been a trait option. Maybe then they wouldn't have made such a brain dead decision. 

Ele as a DPS/Support hybrid:

Damage of a Support, Utility of a DPS.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 4