[Spoiler]Gods and EOD, question.

Hello all,

I don't know if you see it but in Arborstone, there is a room with statue of gods.
BUT, there is only 5 gods. Kormir is not present and the statue of balthazar isn't broken.

Even if we can imagine than cantha don't know the "trahison" of Balthazar because they broken their links with Tyria and Elona about +- 100 years, they should know about kormir since she become a god with the destruction of Abaddon in gw1. (who isn't really "dead" because of his legacy (season 3 episode 6)). Cantha know that kormir was becoming a goddess since it's the same time than guildwars faction.

So why kormir isn't present and why Balthazar statue isn't broken ?
My opinion abouts gods after the end of EOD :

Spoiler

For me, the return of the gods as big ally our ennemy seems logicial.

I mean okay, we got "new ennemy" or kind of with the new extension, but as heroes, we need always something "big".

And the gods (specially Dwayna) bring humanity on Tyria. Since the dragons are dead, i can't imagine them staying in their "world" and not coming back.

The other way, our "new" ennemy could come from somewhere "else" too since Dwayna bring humanity "from elsewhere". (from lore and wiki gw 2)

The gods (in particular Dwayna) brought humanity with them to Tyria from elsewhere.

Maybe Dhuum too...

So for me, return of the gods or/and new ennemy from "elsewhere" since Dragons (all dead except aurene)  and Gods are "the main thing" from Guild Wars and Guild wars 2.

(picture of the 5 gods in the room)

https://i.postimg.cc/htCGHQPf/gw067.jpg

Edited by Valaraukar.7652

I believe that this is because Arborstone are the ruins of buildings that were ancient even during the setting of Factions. What we're seeing is the remains from a time before everything we have played through.  These relics have been around from before the timeline of Nightfall where Kormir came from. . At least that is what I would guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Obvuscate has it correct.

Kormir wasn't a god at the time that these were constructed. 

Chronologically, Guild Wars: Factions look place before Guild Wars: Nightfall. And these buildings predate even the events of Guild Wars: Prophecies by potentially hundreds of years. But also long, long after Abaddon was stricken from the annals of history. 

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937

I hope we get to see some highly developed area or learn more about the god's early involvement in Cantha as it's even older than Elona if I'm recalling correctly. Maybe see some pre-Arah initial settlement in some never explored before part of Cantha and their initial colonization.

6 hours ago, Obliviscaris.6937 said:

Obvuscate has it correct.

Kormir wasn't a god at the time that these were constructed. 

Chronologically, Guild Wars: Factions look place before Guild Wars: Nightfall. And these buildings predate even the events of Guild Wars: Prophecies by potentially hundreds of years. But also long, long after Abaddon was stricken from the annals of history. 

Well, even if the ruins date from a long time, even before the event of prophecy (who is logical), the possibility to build a new statue for Kormir should be possible.
If it's not next to them, maybe on the side or on the opposite. The room is big enough to build a new one. It's kind of +-245 years difference in calendar cantha.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Well, even if the ruins date from a long time, even before the event of prophecy (who is logical), the possibility to build a new statue for Kormir should be possible.
If it's not next to them, maybe on the side or on the opposite. The room is big enough to build a new one. It's kind of +-245 years difference in calendar cantha.

None of this changes the facts. There were no Kurzicks around to build any more. Building one would be the equivalent of vandalising a heritage listed site.

You don't see them building an Apple store in the Sistine Chapel (BUT THEY MIGHT, I don't wanna give the any ideas!)

Edited by Obliviscaris.6937