Balance

Crozame.4098

It works like this:

Guard/Necro need to always be top tier.  They get buffs, insignificant nerfs or reworks that are buffs. 

Ranger, Mesmer, Thief, Engi and Rev:

E spec to strong? Nerf core some more. 

Warrior/Ele:

Just nerf it. No no no, I mean much more nerfs. MORE NERFS DUCK IT!!! 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It works like this:

Guard/Necro need to always be top tier.  They get buffs, insignificant nerfs or reworks that are buffs. 

Ranger, Mesmer, Thief, Engi and Rev:

E spec to strong? Nerf core some more. 

Warrior/Ele:

Just nerf it. No no no, I mean much more nerfs. MORE NERFS DUCK IT!!! 

HAHA yeah couldnt agree more, besides the comment about ele.

Tempest did just receive a buff recently... and Swordweaver is meta as a sidenoder for a eternity now... 

what i agree on is that they have a tendency to do some very weird changes to ele, that overall result in a nerf. I think that is because they have literally no clue about Ele as a whole XD

For example the Element of rage change back in 2021.... they changed the 10% strikedamage bonus to 5% condi 5%strikedamage..... ON A TRAIT THAT IS A VITA TO PRECISION CONVERSION..... Why would you take that on a condibuild anyways!? For condibuilds it doesnt weigh out the other 2 options... all this change did was take 5% damage away from Freshairweavers and Staffweavers, as those 2 builds where the only ones actually using this trait. Both of these builds were in desperate need of a buff rather than a nerf... 

Honestly... i think they simply dont understand Ele.

Edited by Sahne.6950

9 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

HAHA yeah couldnt agree more, besides the comment about ele.

Tempest did just receive a buff recently... and Swordweaver is meta as a sidenoder for a eternity now... 

what i agree on is that they have a tendency to do some very weird changes to ele, that overall result in a nerf. I think that is because they have literally no clue about Ele as a whole XD

For example the Element of rage change back in 2021.... they changed the 10% strikedamage bonus to 5% condi 5%strikedamage..... ON A TRAIT THAT IS A VITA TO PRECISION CONVERSION..... Why would you take that on a condibuild anyways!? For condibuilds it doesnt weigh out the other 2 options... all this change did was take 5% damage away from Freshairweavers and Staffweavers, as those 2 builds where the only ones actually using this trait. Both of these builds were in desperate need of a buff rather than a nerf... 

Honestly... i think they simply dont understand Ele.

Eles has always been the class were you ask yourself " why play this when I have a better option?" 

Regardless of game mode. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Eles has always been the class were you ask yourself " why play this when I have a better option?" 

Regardless of game mode. 

Most people will agree with that.

But i mainly play WvW/sPvP and i personally think that Swordweaver is without a doubt the strongest sidenoder in sPvP.

I dont really see a better option, for this specific scenario. But for the rest... yeah for every Elebuild there is a Revenant/Guardbuild that does it better :D

5 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Most people will agree with that.

But i mainly play WvW/sPvP and i personally think that Swordweaver is without a doubt the strongest sidenoder in sPvP.

I dont really see a better option, for this specific scenario. But for the rest... yeah for every Elebuild there is a Revenant/Guardbuild that does it better 😄

Strongest sidonoder for the people good enough to play it. 

For the majority of players, it's a non option. 

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Strongest sidonoder for the people good enough to play it. 

For the majority of players, it's a non option. 

Thats a problem that has plagued Elementalist for a long time.

Good players can perform REALLY REALLY REALLY good with it. while the majority wont. This has lead to alot of people thinking that elementalist is bad... when in reality its not.

14 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Thats a problem that has plagued Elementalist for a long time.

Good players can perform REALLY REALLY REALLY good with it. while the majority wont. This has lead to alot of people thinking that elementalist is bad... when in reality its not.

Not necessarily. 

For example. 

There is no reason to play Tempest in Wvw when Firebrand exist. 

Same for staff Weaver. Hammer Rev and scourge are simply better dmg options. 

Why play weaver in strikes/raids when you are stuck with only melee while others can also dps from range? 

The list goes on. 

Ele simply has no build in support like other classes have. Most utility is used for survival, something others don't need. 

Etc etc. 

6 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Not necessarily. 

For example. 

There is no reason to play Tempest in Wvw when Firebrand exist. 

Same for staff Weaver. Hammer Rev and scourge are simply better dmg options. 

Why play weaver in strikes/raids when you are stuck with only melee while others can also dps from range? 

The list goes on. 

Ele simply has no build in support like other classes have. Most utility is used for survival, something others don't need. 

Etc etc. 

37 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

i personally think that Swordweaver is without a doubt the strongest sidenoder in sPvP.

I dont really see a better option, for this specific scenario. But for the rest... yeah for every Elebuild there is a Revenant/Guardbuild that does it better :D

thats exactly what i was saying...right?

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:47 AM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

What would you have done differently?

Well, first of all, a bit more frequent smaller adjustments.

Take Vindi for example: 

1) dodge heal too strong.

2) GS5 burst too high, tho the animation is slow and Vindi dont have much quickness (even if you have the trait that gives quickness on swapping to shiro, it still needs to coordinate with weapon on GS, not that hard, but it means you do not always have quickness when using GS5.)

Given, the above, then maybe nerf the dodge heal by 25%. But since burst is slow, nerf it 20%. And check whether sustain is fine and burst is fine. Then gradually tune down based on data.

Or, we nerf dmg and heal by 50%, but after 1-2 weeks, we see the nerf is too much, so we buff the numbers a bit. 

Neither of the above is practised by ANET.