Elements of Rage | Why nerf FreshairWeaver and Staffweaver even more?

Sahne.6950

Please revert the Changes to Elements of rage, as it was a direct nerf to Freshair Weaver that noone has called for. This Change was the final nail in the Coffin of Freshair Weaver.

No Build besides Freshairweaver and Staffweaver were using this trait and i really see no reason why you guys nerfed those builds in the first place. Builds were severly underperforming even before the nerfs. If you guys would revert this, it would bring FA Weaver one step closer to being viable again.

The overall damagenerf from Feb2020 and the -5% Strike damage nerf from May2021 turned FA into a wet noodle that can no longer Burst people.

May 11, 2021
  • Strike damage bonus reduced from 10% to 5%. Increases condition damage by 5%.           Suggestion:  => Strike damage bonus increased to 10% in Pvp/Wvw only
Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The changes had some significant impact on the performance of FreshairWeaver.

It sadly is just a shadow of its former self and it was never really considered strong or Meta in the first place.

+5% condidamage on a Vita to Precision conversion trait just doesnt feel right. Why would you even take that trait with a condibuild? the +5%condidamge dont weigh out the other 2 traits in the slightest. So no one will take it with a conditionbuild anyways. And the only Builds that were actually using this trait were in desperate need of a Buff, rather than a nerf.

Edited by Sahne.6950

• Sahne.6950 changed the title to Elements of Rage
  • Sahne.6950 changed the title to Elements of Rage | Why nerf FreshairWeaver and Staffweaver even more?

I'm not 100% sure but If I remember they wanted to make weaver a more condi orientied spec (implied *PvE) as there was no "condi dps" grandmaster trait.

But sadly that's true it impacts fresh air in competitive modes more than any other build, even condi builds

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

I'm not 100% sure but If I remember they wanted to make weaver a more condi orientied spec (implied *PvE) as there was no "condi dps" grandmaster trait.

Yea I thought that too and that they want to make the new e spec power oriented then...but look what happened.
The realistic (staying NOT inside the boss) benchmarks were at 38-39k, which is 1-2k better than power weaver and they just nerfed it to quickness support level.