Need help with Berserker open world build

ManaPotato.3279

So I made the following build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKzAw+NlRwuYLMGmJWaX9tUA-zRIUc09XIxVBRGCVmAaNLl7bB-e

I would be incredibly grateful for any kind of feedback!

The idea was to provide more sustainable version of metabattle's open world berserker build. I wanted to have min-maxed open world build that can also be used in dungeons and low level fractals.

Since berserker is dependant on crit, I opted for Rabid gear. Precision gives crit chance, toughness gives it sustain and condition damage is self-explanatory.

• Superior Rune of Lyssa adds precision and helps with condition duration.
  • Since condition duration in build was lacking, I tried to increase it through "Wounding Precision" trait. "Furious Tuning Crystal" does the same and helps with 3% more.
  • "Omnomberry Pie" (which also helps with sustain) adds more precision to help with the trait.

I also made Nightmare rune variant: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKzAw+NlRwuYLMGmJWaX9tUA-zRIUc09XIxVBRGCVmACPLn6bB-e

I'm not sure should I go with Lyssa or Nightmare variant.

Any thoughts?

Edited by ManaPotato.3279
Added Nightmare rune build variant.

Use Runes of the Tempest Instead

That, a sigil of stars, and a sigil of malice in each set will get you to 94% condition duration. With expertise food that gets you to 100% condition duration while still having 47% crit rate, which since you have Fury will by 67% in practice, which is good enough for Dungeons, OW, and low level fractals.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Use Runes of the Tempest Instead

That, a sigil of stars, and a sigil of malice in each set will get you to 94% condition duration. With expertise food that gets you to 100% condition duration while still having 47% crit rate, which since you have Fury will by 67% in practice, which is good enough for Dungeons, OW, and low level fractals.

Wooooooow thank you so much!

Your build is way better than anything I've managed to put!

What would be limits of this build? Could I go strikes with this?

Edited by ManaPotato.3279

33 minutes ago, ManaPotato.3279 said:

Wooooooow thank you so much!

Your build is way better than anything I've managed to put!

What would be limits of this build? Could I go strikes with this?

Limits would be sub 100% crit rate. That can be alleviated by going to Ascended gear and using precision infusions, using signet of fury, spotter, and/or banner of discipline from another warrior.

For strikes you'd be better off running Viper gear for condi, but honestly so long as you know the rotation, and mind the mechanics you should be fine. Only a really toxic group would kick you. It would still be better to move to Viper gear once you get acclimated to the game play and need the toughness less.

I've done strikes successfully while running full Cele Berserker builds with LB+sword/torch. Worked fine in the pug, and when the noobs all got downed I drop Battle Standard and keep them going.

1 hour ago, wayneericgouin.9371 said:

I was actually thinking about headbutt the other day, unrelated to the original topic but..does headbutt actually count as a stun break if you're stunning yourself? It's like a weird paradox. 

You only stun yourself if you hit. Want to use it as a stunbreak with out self stunning? Then untarget your enemy and change your direction. That or take Outrage/Savage Instinct and not care about the stun break. This why Outrage is supposed to have such a short CD and why them nerfing the CD in competitive was such a dumb mistake.

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 1:01 PM, ManaPotato.3279 said:

So I made the following build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKzAw+NlRwuYLMGmJWaX9tUA-zRIUc09XIxVBRGCVmAaNLl7bB-e

I would be incredibly grateful for any kind of feedback!

The idea was to provide more sustainable version of metabattle's open world berserker build. I wanted to have min-maxed open world build that can also be used in dungeons and low level fractals.

Since berserker is dependant on crit, I opted for Rabid gear. Precision gives crit chance, toughness gives it sustain and condition damage is self-explanatory.

• Superior Rune of Lyssa adds precision and helps with condition duration.
  • Since condition duration in build was lacking, I tried to increase it through "Wounding Precision" trait. "Furious Tuning Crystal" does the same and helps with 3% more.
  • "Omnomberry Pie" (which also helps with sustain) adds more precision to help with the trait.

I also made Nightmare rune variant: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKzAw+NlRwuYLMGmJWaX9tUA-zRIUc09XIxVBRGCVmACPLn6bB-e

I'm not sure should I go with Lyssa or Nightmare variant.

Any thoughts?

If you are running around solo, I highly suggest you run sundering burst over blademaster since vulnerability is an incredible dps increase. The way entering berserk works combined with this trait is quite interesting. Since entering triggers "an attack" the trait works its magic. Interestingly enough you can use your burst right after to trigger the trait again. For some reason the internal cooldown is not affected by the berserk mode enter attack. If both the attack and your burst crit, you instantly get 20 vulnerability stacks, so 20% more damage. It might be even worth using in random groups for fractals and such with no specific team comp where you might lack this specific condition. In zergs or 10man content you always run blademaster though.

I am playing a lot of duo fractals with my friend (who is playing scourge) and since I decided to run sundering burst, we are killing stuff much faster since he can only upkeep like 10 stacks vulnerability at the most. All in all sundering burst is an underrated gem and pretty much the best vulnerability source, especially as condi.

Also consider to use last blaze instead of smash brawler because you are running almost full rage utility which already increases your berserk uptime a lot. If you run around solo in open world, you most likely dont need such a long duration anyway. And since we have yet to see ANET deciding to give berserker a manual exit.. ye.

Use smash brawler if you take shrug it off instead of outrage maybe. 

Instead of running outrage I also use wild blow to destroy any breakbar combined with headbutt that is not scaled up

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

If you are running around solo, I highly suggest you run sundering burst over blademaster since vulnerability is an incredible dps increase. The way entering berserk works combined with this trait is quite interesting. Since entering triggers "an attack" the trait works its magic. Interestingly enough you can use your burst right after to trigger the trait again. For some reason the internal cooldown is not affected by the berserk mode enter attack. If both the attack and your burst crit, you instantly get 20 vulnerability stacks, so 20% more damage. It might be even worth using in random groups for fractals and such with no specific team comp where you might lack this specific condition. In zergs or 10man content you always run blademaster though.

I am playing a lot of duo fractals with my friend (who is playing scourge) and since I decided to run sundering burst, we are killing stuff much faster since he can only upkeep like 10 stacks vulnerability at the most. All in all sundering burst is an underrated gem and pretty much the best vulnerability source, especially as condi.

Also consider to use last blaze instead of smash brawler because you are running almost full rage utility which already increases your berserk uptime a lot. If you run around solo in open world, you most likely dont need such a long duration anyway. And since we have yet to see ANET deciding to give berserker a manual exit.. ye.

Use smash brawler if you take shrug it off instead of outrage maybe. 

Instead of running outrage I also use wild blow to destroy any breakbar combined with headbutt that is not scaled up

All good advices 🙂 I tried and it wasn't my playstyle,  sundering burst kinda made rotation on sword slower for my taste. Thanks so much on detailed reply, I hope others could benefit 😄