Does Anet hate Mesmers?

raineybilly.6439

7 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Most of us that have been on the class since the game release are TIRED of seeing mesmer get countless nerfs.

I 100% agree but Mesmer to begin with was very overpowered in the right hands. I mean I made it Plat very easily with a bunker Mirage when it had 2 dodges (ran all signets to for more distortion too).

The only thing that 100% needs a buff is Chrono wells since they are currently unusable from my perspective, when playing a Chrono healer. Otherwise Chrono, Mirage, Virtuoso all play very well in every game mode (maybe not Zerging WvW).

PS: Virtuoso also needs some more core trait interactions and general bug fixes.

• Confused 7

10 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I 100% agree but Mesmer to begin with was very overpowered in the right hands. I mean I made it Plat very easily with a bunker Mirage when it had 2 dodges (ran all signets to for more distortion too).

The only thing that 100% needs a buff is Chrono wells since they are currently unusable from my perspective, when playing a Chrono healer. Otherwise Chrono, Mirage, Virtuoso all play very well in every game mode (maybe not Zerging WvW).

PS: Virtuoso also needs some more core trait interactions and general bug fixes.

That isn't because Mesmers were OP its because sPvP is a nutshell that forces players with extremely limited builds that have no chance to beat certain builds. When they remove amulets/runes/sigils how many builds destroyed by doing one of the following? sPvP isn't real PvP at all, its funneling you INTO a certain build and play only those certain builds to succeed. Want to experience real PvP start dueling people in WvW with actual builds that you can customize.

Bring your build in WvW and you will get killed just as easy or simply ignored because condi "bunker" mirage has no chase potential.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Arg this is the exact reason I try stick up for Mesmer and Virtuoso in general even if it's Anets Punching bag.

there is sticking up for it, then theres going over the top with it.

Virtuoso as far as a Competitive option has Failed in Multiple catagories the community had Outcry for realistically and trying to say a Specc which is Litterally the only proffession in the game with 0 Representation in ATs or MATs isnt something u can proclaim is Dominating.

I remember, back in Core and HoT there were QUITE a few players who were known and Watched as Mesmer mains, there is a Reason they've quit. theres a Reason they dont return and theres Even more reason why None of the Newer aged streamers / content developers play this proffession.

Even Warrior got its Fixs in SPVP with bladesworn to a degree..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

That isn't because Mesmers were OP its because sPvP is a nutshell that forces players with extremely limited builds that have no chance to beat certain builds. When they remove amulets/runes/sigils how many builds destroyed by doing one of the following? sPvP isn't real PvP at all, its funneling you INTO a certain build and play only those certain builds to succeed. Want to experience real PvP start dueling people in WvW with actual builds that you can customize.

Bring your build in WvW and you will get killed just as easy or simply ignored because condi "bunker" mirage has no chase potential.

All true, i think they removed those stat combinations from sPvP so it was easier to balance.

I mean over all i guess i agree, since i don't play Mesmer at all in PVP. I might play Virtuoso in WvW but only if I can find a way to one shot people at 1200 range like i can with my Soulbeast Ranger but currently I'm trying to test a longbow Untamed.

3 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

All true, i think they removed those stat combinations from sPvP so it was easier to balance.

I mean over all i guess i agree, since i don't play Mesmer at all in PVP. I might play Virtuoso in WvW but only if I can find a way to one shot people at 1200 range like i can with my Soulbeast Ranger but currently I'm trying to test a longbow Untamed.

I mean if it was soo easy to balance in sPvP they wouldnt need to actively remove amulets sigils and runes. Destroying builds left and right. There is a reason why GW2 competitive viewership is so low compared to other MMOs.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I remember, back in Core and HoT there were QUITE a few players who were known and Watched as Mesmer mains, there is a Reason they've quit. theres a Reason they dont return and theres Even more reason why None of the Newer aged streamers / content developers play this proffession.

I don't know about streamers but there are a few people posting videos of Virtuoso WvW roaming on Youtube.
I primary watch Faith Navii (shoutout)

I blame Anet for making the game too easy and turning their players into 1 spaming bots. Mesmer is not OP, players are not used to use their brains. Same goes for Thief. Just look at all the drama around new meta event. They've finally decided increase the diffuculty of their content for once and everyone was like fish out of water. 

Edited by Lethion.8745
  • Like 2

Otherwise Chrono, Mirage, Virtuoso all play very well in every game mode (maybe not Zerging WvW).

This is a lie. All mesmer specs are pretty decent or good in PvE. But they are just bad in PvP.  Chrono is trash tier in PvP.  Mirage/core are below-average at best.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Tier_List

Also zerging WvW has always been an issue due to clone. Virtuoso is just a huge missed opportunity by having the whole spec tied to projectile, which simply doesn't work in WvW team fights.

Edited by Exciton.8942
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Exciton.8942 said:

This is a lie. All mesmer specs are pretty decent or good in PvE. But they are just bad in PvP.  Chrono is trash tier in PvP.  Mirage/core are below-average at best.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Tier_List

Also zerging WvW has always been an issue due to clone. Virtuoso is just a huge missed opportunity by having the whole spec tied to projectile, which simply doesn't work in WvW team fights.

That tier list is a bit scuffed since I have gotten plat on Soulbeast and not Ranger, Yeah chrono is a bit weak in Conquest sPvP but it not unplayable its just really hard to play well.

Its more a one trick pony in sPvP so it does much better in 3v3 or 2v2.

On a side note the Fractal & Dungeon one is hilarious since Mirage is one of the best fractal classes (high dps Alac) but its D tier. Deadeye being A tier OMG, I have literally never seen a deadeye ever in T4 or CM since early PoF launch.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

That tier list is a bit scuffed since I have gotten plat on Soulbeast and not Ranger, Yeah chrono is a bit weak in Conquest sPvP but it not unplayable its just really hard to play well.

Its more a one trick pony in sPvP so it does much better in 3v3 or 2v2.

On a side note the Fractal & Dungeon one is hilarious since Mirage is one of the best fractal classes (high dps Alac) but its D tier. Deadeye being A tier OMG, I have literally never seen a deadeye ever in T4 or CM since early PoF launch.

Mirage is defintly not one of the best fractal proffessions. 

Mechanist and renegade both do its job 100x better realistically. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

No mesmer spec has won an MAT since megabalance.

Every other profession has had multiple wins. 

This isn't up for debate.  BenP and CMC have very clearly stated they don't want mesmer competitive in PvP because they think it's uniquely and inherently unhealthy.  We have screen caps from the private PvP discord, along with multiple people confirming this who had access to this discord.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

This isn't up for debate.  BenP and CMC have very clearly stated they don't want mesmer competitive in PvP because they think it's uniquely and inherently unhealthy.  We have screen caps from the private PvP discord, along with multiple people confirming this who had access to this discord.

I'm not going off what people say on a private discord say I'm going off my experience playing sPvP. Mesmer dominates 3v3 and 2v2.

• Confused 6

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Mirage is defintly not one of the best fractal proffessions. 

Mechanist and renegade both do its job 100x better realistically. 

I guess you don't know what i know, but Aegis is completely busted on my Mirage build. I play almost full support except for changing the Viper stats.

I also run both the feedback, trait and utility which can heal my fractals group and myself, its on a crazy short cooldown to.

18 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I'm not going off what people say on a private discord say I'm going off my experience playing sPvP. Mesmer dominates 3v3 and 2v2.

Theres aren't just "some people".  Cmc and BenP are the balance devs. Who have outlined why things are the way they are.

Your experience is irrelevant in this aspect.  Mesmer hasn't won an MAT since the megabalance patch, an environment where nearly everyone multiclasses at the highest level and design their teams around what is actually the best.

Edited by mortrialus.3062
  • Like 7

Just now, mortrialus.3062 said:

There's aren't just "some people".  Cmc and BenP are the balance devs.

Your experience is irrelevant in this aspect.  Mesmer hasn't won an MAT since the megabalance patch, an environment where nearly everyone multiclasses at the highest level and design their teams around what is actually the best.

Well i guess it is good i don't play Mesmer in pvp, since i will avoid this problem with the balance team that supposedly exists

52 minutes ago, Metaologist.2487 said:

Mesmer is very powerful. But most players suck with mesmer. So its in a weird spot where a few people dominate hard on mesmer and everyone else gets dominated. Probably needs a fundamental rework.

Such as??

who is exactly "Dominating with Mesmer". RiP Quit GW2 because of the State of mesmer, Shorts Deleted the game along with everything he has tied to GW2 over the state of mesmer. Helseth is not happy with the state of mesmer.

No ones touching MAT or ATs with any mesmer specc and Generally the only place its seeing any use is in enviorments where Skill Disparity exists.

Yes, can people "Dominate a ranked game with Mesmer" Sure. but you have to also be Aware i've been put in a Ranked game with RIP while being in Gold 1. if you cant aknowledge this "Dominating" your referring to is actually because ur having Grandmasters put against Silver/Gold Players and thats what creates the illusion you believe i dunno what will realistically

No ones dominating with Mesmer. U have High level players getting into silver/gold games due to the lack of popularity around the game mode Noob Stomping players Skewing results. In no Match up would a Mesmer pull its weight in a team between 2 organised high level teams. hence why no MAT or AT Team would seriously bring a Mesmer if wanting to win.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 6

On 3/20/2022 at 11:14 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Wait they booted a player out of a PvP discord for saying mesmer was good? 👀

Someone I know was muted for having a different opinion from the masses. That PvP discord is useless.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Yoci.2481 said:

If true this is really terrible. I wont buy EoD and I will not give them any more money until they replace those devs. Sharing this on social media.

Sometimes i wonder if it's time to involve gaming journalists to report on this...

I mean, purpusefully keeping a part of your playerbase down in the gutter, abused and unhappy has got to wave a few red flags for someone, right?

Plus, i bet if they start digging on discords, and such, digging some things that devs said and do, they'd probaby dig up larger dirt on the state of the game... 

Idk, it just feels bad to be treated this way. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Sometimes i wonder if it's time to involve gaming journalists to report on this...

I mean, purpusefully keeping a part of your playerbase down in the gutter, abused and unhappy has got to wave a few red flags for someone, right?

Plus, i bet if they start digging on discords, and such, digging some things that devs said and do, they'd probaby dig up larger dirt on the state of the game... 

Idk, it just feels bad to be treated this way. 

Tbh although it is pretty bad Anet aren't alone there sadly. 

Just ask WoW players the last time feral druid was any good meta wise. Not to mention the amount of dirt on blizzards shadey practices and more 😂 after all it's led by a Dev who quite litterally answers the question "why do you keep nerfing demo warlock" with "cause we would prefer you didn't play that specc" 

It also got leaked on their first community circle BS for "feedback" was largely proven to be muting players who tried to critize anything and evolved into a cult of yes men as some sorta artificial approval of what they're doing. 

Sadly I am not joking. 

Why commonly you see the same outrage across every mmorpg. Mmorpg balancing is shadey at best. FFXIV is the only shining star in that catagory but you trade alot off to have that level of balance. 

- PvP / open world PvP barely exists. 

- no build choice 

- only 1 set of skills. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Tbh although it is pretty bad Anet aren't alone there sadly. 

Just ask WoW players the last time feral druid was any good meta wise. Not to mention the amount of dirt on blizzards shadey practices and more 😂 after all it's led by a Dev who quite litterally answers the question "why do you keep nerfing demo warlock" with "cause we would prefer you didn't play that specc" 

It also got leaked on their first community circle BS for "feedback" was largely proven to be muting players who tried to critize anything and evolved into a cult of yes men as some sorta artificial approval of what they're doing. 

Yeah, i know what you mean.

Sad honestly... :classic_sad:

• Like 2

Just now, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, i know what you mean.

Sad honestly... :classic_sad:

Devs seem to come to the solution aslong as popular specc and classes are the ones overperforming theyre doing it right sadly. 

Hating on mesmer seems to be more popular then playing it, which likely is what leads to decisions. 

Although tbh player hatred surrounding mesmer has calmed down over the years we just seem to have trolls who like to come around everytime changes happen to mesmer and enjoy to post about how amazing it is. 

That and Anet are unwilling to dedicate the time to core mesmer needed to get it on a better path as it'd need a full rework.. Anet rarely go back and fix things they can't sell realistically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1