Turtle mount requires strike mission?

My experience with this (I rarely do strikes but know my classes inside out).

1. LFG - found grp and entered as healer/quickness scrapper
  2. Group had 3 folks who had never done a strike before.
  3. Wiped first time - not enough dps. The 3 new folks went down immediately.
  4. Retried, switched to dps scrapper with quickness. DPS better, 3 new folk went down immediately. Commander quit as did 5 others including 3 new.
  5. I took command, advertised again in LFG asking for dps and alacrity.
  6. Got 10 folks, nuked the mobs and Boss down. 10 happy people.

So 3 tries and done.

The only minor gripe I have is that as the commander, the tag blocks the numbers mechanic on your head meaning I went down a few times without knowing I had to spread apart from the rest. 

My main recommendation for this is to bring folks that really can hard rez. It makes all the difference.

Edited by Doo Lally.8594
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Jimson.5168 said:

i may or may not ever try the strike mission again but. PLEASE stop trying to shame me into doing it by having the turtle follow me around Arborstone every time I go there. At least give me the option to make it go away. It's annoying.

HEAVY BREATHING

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just quit dude. Havent played for a week now, Im goin to stay that way. First all the nerfs, then EoD was booring, and as I dont raid nor strike, it's all just Meh. Plenty of good games anyway out there so no biggy.

Edited by EKAN.4051
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't especially enjoy PvP and WvW, but in order to get skins unique to those things, and especially to get the Warclaw, I sucked it up and spent time in them.  This is one strike.  You don't have to master the thing, you just have to get through it, and then you're done.  You're allowed to get out of your comfort zone for a moment in your life, it's not the end of the world.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

34 minutes ago, EKAN.4051 said:

Just quit dude. Havent played for a week now, Im goin to stay that way. First all the nerfs, then EoD was booring, and as I dont raid nor strike, it's all just Meh. Plenty of good games anyway out there so no biggy.

If Anet just went ahead and scrapped WvW (we all know they're going to let that mode die) and we had flagged open world pvp instead I might feel differently about having new stats and open world features gated behind instances since there would be more fun groups and squads running around. People complain about having to do stuff in WvW making it sound like it's an angry mess, but grouping up and easing into a squad there is far less painful and aggravating than what I've experienced doing the expansion events and instances, and I actually love the rest of the expansion stuff. 

No one uses Alert Target or anything either but complain that people don't listen on discord or are confused even after their encounter breakdowns. There's even colored squad markers that can be used for squad groups but people don't use kitten. I'm really getting stale on this game which sucks because this expansion has a really great feel and vibe to it apart from that noise and I want to actually spend more time there which I haven't felt since HoT but it's just getting harder to log in and vibe. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Confused 4

44 minutes ago, Kal Spiro.9745 said:

I don't especially enjoy PvP and WvW, but in order to get skins unique to those things, and especially to get the Warclaw, I sucked it up and spent time in them.  This is one strike.  You don't have to master the thing, you just have to get through it, and then you're done.  You're allowed to get out of your comfort zone for a moment in your life, it's not the end of the world.

If it was skins, I'd have no problem. Different cosmetics are locked exclusively to all kinds of things in GW2.

If it was something like Warclaw, useless outside of the place it's earned. I'd have no problem.

In this case, its something that can't be used in strikes, but requires strikes to unlock. Hence the problem.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, chronometria.3708 said:

That was far from easy or enjoyable.

It becomes easy once you have a lot of practice, like everything new one has to approach (in games and in life). It also becomes enjoyable then, if not for the experience alone than at least for the rewards. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

The Strike Mission required for the egg collection isn't really much of a "strike" mission as it just a long and boring slugfest (the term "strike" would suggest quick, which this isn't) which varies between very long and stupidly long depending upon the support/DPS mix of the group.
The main danger seems to be players getting tired as I know my hands were starting to cramp near the end. Not every player has teenage reflexes and the endurance of youth.

Edited by Nidome.1365
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2