Axe/Axe PvP Build?

Gigawatt.7850

Hey gang, 

I know a lot of guides are usually pointing us to use a GS and then as offset 1 hander and shield, but I just feel so akward with the GS, I know it's nice for zipping all over the place, but is there a build for Core or Spellbreaker that's Axe/Axe then 1 hander shield? I don't have Zerk spec yet. 

Your best bet is probably running this https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Strength_Dagger

Instead of GS, take Axe/Axe. That way you keep shield for some survivability but your mobility will suffer. 

You can also take axe mastery and replace the GS trait with either of the other two but the GS trait still gives might on crit regardless of weapon. Good luck!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:

Your best bet is probably running this https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Strength_Dagger

Instead of GS, take Axe/Axe. That way you keep shield for some survivability but your mobility will suffer. 

You can also take axe mastery and replace the GS trait with either of the other two but the GS trait still gives might on crit regardless of weapon. Good luck!

Right now I'm just running:

Arms 3,1,3

Discipline 2,3,1

SB 3, 1 , 3

duel axe 

dagger shield

Remember quickness is key on axe/axe. Add in some Frenzy util and quickness sigil aswell on whatever spec youre gonna run with it,and pop them at the right time.

I find it best with Berserk spec myself,cus Headbutt for locking them down aswell,and adding the double burst heal,you could add wild blow ontop or w/e. Can be gimmicky but really fun.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gigawatt.7850 said:

Do I run the same talents even though they are aimed at GS?

FGS+MMR will still generate might on 50% of critical strikes and thus give you healing and endurance regen when that happens. Axe 5 hits 15 times, so assuming you are hitting 2 people and crit every hit, that is 15 might stacks on average, which is ~1k healing and 30 endurance. In a real fight you'll never hit all the hits on Axe 5, but if you CC someone and they are out of stunbreaks, then yeah you will hurt them plenty.

Of you feel that is not worth it and/or want to play a riskier build than use Great Fortitude and Berserker's Power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1