Dear Anet: Condi gear prices are out of control

12 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

Well, let's examine the crafting of Superior Runes of Tormenting and the cost of the mats on the TP:

• 12 Piles of Lucent Crystal - approx. 16s
  • 1 Charm of Potence - approx. 1g
  • 5 Globs of Ectoplam - approx. 1g
  • 250 Watchwork Spockets - approx. 8g

That's a total of 10g 16s to make one Superior Rune of Tormenting. Now, do you think the people who are crafting and selling these should either take a loss or barely break even?

Recipe completely impossible to get and is a super rare rng drop...

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

So true. I had completely forgotten to point out what a pain in the butt it is to get the recipe. Visiting every Pact Supply Network Agent in the hopes that one of them has the recipe was excrutiating. On that note, going to make a couple of them and put them on the TP for 20g :)

• Like 3

Just now, misterman.1530 said:

So true. I had completely forgotten to point out what a pain in the butt it is to get the recipe. Visiting every Pact Supply Network Agent in the hopes that one of them has the recipe was excrutiating. On that note, going to make a couple of them and put them on the TP for 20g 🙂

Good luck with that, you are the problem not the solution.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5

Just now, Dante.1508 said:

Good luck with that, you are the problem not the solution.

Lol. How is that a problem? If you don't want to pay that much, then don't. It's quite simple. You don't NEED the runes. You might WANT the runes, but you don't NEED them. If you truly can't live without them, then do what countless other people have done and make them yourself. Grind for the recipe, and make them. Why should I make and sell them for less than the cost to me. Not just the cost in gold, but the cost in time?

How much do YOU think I should list them for on the TP?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Despot.3048 said:

Oh get off your kitten horse. 10 days of dailies nets you enough to get a tormenting rune. 

So 60 days before you can make a character work.. are you insane.

2 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Lol. How is that a problem? If you don't want to pay that much, then don't. It's quite simple. You don't NEED the runes. You might WANT the runes, but you don't NEED them. If you truly can't live without them, then do what countless other people have done and make them yourself. Grind for the recipe, and make them. Why should I make and sell them for less than the cost to me. Not just the cost in gold, but the cost in time?

How much do YOU think I should list them for on the TP?

10g at best.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Despot.3048 said:

As others have said. tormenting runes are not a requirement for anything other than instanced PVE. It's an odd hill to die on with this laser focus on something that is not mandatory, but hey. You do you. 

Imagine wanting to have something beyond a 'good enough' build for content you'd want to play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

So 60 days before you can make a character work.. are you insane.

10g at best.

10g! LOL. It costs more than that on the base mats alone! Wow. 

Here. I'll tell you what. Get me all the mats, and mail them to me in-game, and I'll make the runes for you.

So, for 6 runes you'll need to send me:

• 72 Piles of Lucent Crystal
  • 6 Charms of Potence
  • 30 Globs of Ectoplasm
  • 1500 Watchwork Sprockets

Edited by misterman.1530
For some typos
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

10g! LOL. It costs more than that on the base mats alone! Wow. 

Here. I'll tell you what. Get me all the mats, and mail them to me in-game, and I'll make the runes for you.

So, for 6 runes you'll need to send me:

• 72 Piles of Lucent Crystal
  • 6 Charms of Potence
  • 30 Globs of Ectoplasm
  • 1500 Watchwork Sprockets

I see the expense now the watchwork stuff, thanks either way on the offer.. out of my league.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Dante.1508 said:

I see the expense now the watchwork stuff, thanks either way on the offer.. out of my league.

Yeah. That's what I was trying to say about the cost of the mats.

But the offer still stands. You can farm Watchwork Sprockets in the HoT maps. If you get enough, just ping me in-game and will make you the runes. To buy that many right now will cost approximately 49g.

This offer goes for anyone else. I can make them if you send me the mats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/18/2022 at 1:55 AM, Dante.1508 said:

Do daily PSNA rounds. Takes a minute, costs thirty silver. If you see a nice recipe, buy it. If not, buy the map reward. 
Rinse repeat.
After two weeks, get ~all the good recipes, and earn ~30 gold.

I play condi builds, and haven’t been bugged by the difference between the gear.

I am annoyed some times to find interesting rune sets that are only available with dungeon currency when other sets can be instantly bought off the TP for a reasonable price.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DianTheJoker.4372 said:

Making deep calculations and cost-efficiency related brain-juggling, while still having the most casual mindset and not knowing basic stuff.
Why this topic still exists and ppl comment on it? 
The most non-grindy game being pointed as such...

When everything is non-grindy, the first nugget of grindy really chafes, I guess.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Are you talking about this game? Do people really believe this game is not grindy?

If you consider the current avenues of equipping a character fully in exotic gear grind, regardless of stat, you most likely haven't played a lot of MMOs before, and don't know what grind really is, which neatly fits the claim I originally made 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

If you consider the current avenues of equipping a character fully in exotic gear grind, regardless of stat, you most likely haven't played a lot of MMOs before, and don't know what grind really is, which neatly fits the claim I originally made 🙂

I've played enough to know this game has some of the most obscene grinds in MMOs (heck, in video games in general), it just puts them in the form of "optional convenience" instead of the traditional gear treadmill / power gain and I'm like... ok, but it's still a grind, the end game goals are just different than in other games. Like I wonder what other MMOs people have played who think it's not grindy. In other MMOs, the typical progression is like you try to get enough power you can meet the toughest end-game challenges, often through doing dungeons or raids at a lower level first which slowly builds up your gear level to meet the toughest ones. In this, the progression is like you try to get enough convenience and showoff items you can enjoy the game more and look cool. If you care about that convenience, that enjoyment, that showing off, the grind is absolutely there to hit those milestones. If you don't care about that, you probably aren't the main demographic of the game. Prob someone who derives most of their enjoyment from competitive PvP or something, in which case the game is going to look very friendly to entry compared to some of the more traditional treadmill games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

it just puts them in the form of "optional

...y.. 

Yes.

Yes, that is the detail that makes it not grind. 
By your logic, any game ever is always grind, if any content can be repeated in any way.

And what is more, the definition is hilariously irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Edited by The Boz.2038
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I've played enough to know this game has some of the most obscene grinds in MMOs (heck, in video games in general), it just puts them in the form of "optional convenience" instead of the traditional gear treadmill / power gain and I'm like... ok, but it's still a grind, the end game goals are just different than in other games. Like I wonder what other MMOs people have played who think it's not grindy. In other MMOs, the typical progression is like you try to get enough power you can meet the toughest end-game challenges, often through doing dungeons or raids at a lower level first which slowly builds up your gear level to meet the toughest ones. In this, the progression is like you try to get enough convenience and showoff items you can enjoy the game more and look cool. If you care about that convenience, that enjoyment, that showing off, the grind is absolutely there to hit those milestones. If you don't care about that, you probably aren't the main demographic of the game. Prob someone who derives most of their enjoyment from competitive PvP or something, in which case the game is going to look very friendly to entry compared to some of the more traditional treadmill games.

Oh and I will add because some people seem to take "grind" as a huge diss on a game: this game has clearly done pretty well for nearly 10 years. My characterizing its horizontal goals as grindy is what I think is an accurate characterization and my personal feelings about grinds are just personal feelings about grinds. I have problems with them sometimes, but MMOs seem to be full of people who for whatever reason actually like grinds, they like spending lots of time working toward a single goal in a shared virtual world. This game has this image clinging to it based on an old marketing video that it's not supposed to be grindy, but legendaries were there as an option early on and they take a lot, no matter how much variety you try to make the process into, so I'm not sure it ever wasn't grindy. And I think the confusion gets compounded because some people use the term grind to mean "process I don't like to get thing I want and takes too long" vs "process I like to get thing I want and/or I'm fine with how long it takes," which you can tell is a problematic way to define it, since that's such a subjective feeling. I think of it roughly as anything that would require months (if not more) if playing limited hours each week and either requires a lot of repetition, requires a lot of intensive and complex detail effort, or some combination of the two to reach a goal with a payoff that is not proportionate to the requirements to get there (e.g. you will prob not get as much enjoyment out of it as it cost you in time and effort to obtain it, which I know does not matter for some people because it's more about the journey and the goal completion than the reward itself).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Oh and I will add because some people seem to take "grind" as a huge diss on a game: this game has clearly done pretty well for nearly 10 years. My characterizing its horizontal goals as grindy is what I think is an accurate characterization and my personal feelings about grinds are just personal feelings about grinds. I have problems with them sometimes, but MMOs seem to be full of people who for whatever reason actually like grinds, they like spending lots of time working toward a single goal in a shared virtual world. This game has this image clinging to it based on an old marketing video that it's not supposed to be grindy, but legendaries were there as an option early on and they take a lot, no matter how much variety you try to make the process into, so I'm not sure it ever wasn't grindy. And I think the confusion gets compounded because some people use the term grind to mean "process I don't like to get thing I want and takes too long" vs "process I like to get thing I want and/or I'm fine with how long it takes," which you can tell is a problematic way to define it, since that's such a subjective feeling. I think of it roughly as anything that would require months (if not more) if playing limited hours each week and either requires a lot of repetition, requires a lot of intensive and complex detail effort, or some combination of the two to reach a goal with a payoff that is not proportionate to the requirements to get there (e.g. you will prob not get as much enjoyment out of it as it cost you in time and effort to obtain it, which I know does not matter for some people because it's more about the journey and the goal completion than the reward itself).

Uhm yea your wrong mate grind is always ""process I don't like to get thing I want and takes too long""

The other thing you typed is not called grind by anyone but you apparently, since that is playing the game to anyone else

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

Do people really believe this game is not grindy?

-someone that has never played any other MMO´s

If you would have quit Gw2 6 years ago and would return today....  YOUR gear would still be BIS (Best-in-slot).

Every game introduces new gear every few months that will take you upwards of 200 hours of pure grinding to get that.

Meanwhile you can get a full Berserkerset with runes of scholar for the total gold value of completing A SINGLE META EVENT... 

God forbid that you have to farm 4 days to get your Condigear!!!!🤡

This game is the most casual thing i have EVER seen. Yet you have people complaining. Hilarious.... truely hilarious xD

you guys should play another game. You farm 4 months only for you weapon to Break when you try and upgrade it. Thats how other games work. Gw2 is holding everybodys hand all the way and some of you guys dont even notice...

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

This thread in 7 pages long and yet nobody is able to see the real issue.

Posters have said that vipers gear/tormenting runes etc is too expensive relative to a power set.

The actual problem is that power stat gear, runes and sigils are too cheap. 

Anet - please increase the prices of power gear/runes etc to be in line with current condi sets!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1