Looking for a certain NPC

Bear with me here - this is a really odd thing, but it's been bugging me for a long time. Quite a while ago, I ran into an NPC somewhere in...I think it was Brisban Wildlands? Queensdale, maybe??...who was patrolling around. Talking to him (he's human) revealed that the guy said he'd been "running with some bad people" when he was younger, engaging in "minor redistribution of money." The Seraph caught him, and gave him a choice: either spend six years in prison, or join them. He joined them.

I'd like to find this guy again...but I don't remember his name, or exactly where he was. I kept thinking he was around Hidden Lake in Brisban Wildlands, but I've been there a thousand times and never found him. Is this ringing a bell for anyone? ๐Ÿ˜• Sorry for such a vague description, but that's all I remember of him.

11 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The wiki has pretty extensive dialogues for all NPCs but I cant find anything that matches this. Could still be there though maybe it rings a bell for someone.

That's a good idea though. @Batel.9206ย if you can remember the exact wording for any part of their dialogue you can search for that phrase in quotation marks on the Wiki and it will find the page because almost all the NPC dialogue is listed. (Except for EoD stuff of course, that's a work in progress.)

It needs to be exactly right though.ย Aย while ago I was trying to find when Taimi first told us about her disability and couldn't find it at first because it turned out the one line I'd thought had always stuck with me was slightly different from how I remembered it. I remembered her saying "See these legs? They don't work so good" but the line is "they don't work right". But searching for "See these legs" got it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

That's a good idea though. @Batel.9206ย if you can remember the exact wording for any part of their dialogue you can search for that phrase in quotation marks on the Wiki and it will find the page because almost all the NPC dialogue is listed. (Except for EoD stuff of course, that's a work in progress.)

Whoa, really? ...four years of playing this game, and I never knew that. Thank you so much! The bits I quoted in my original post were taken directly from the dialogue (the only part I managed to write down), so I'll look for that and see what I can find. I'd previously just tried to search the wiki for all male humans affiliated with the Seraph, or NPCs in certain areas, and came up with nothing...so, fingers crossed. Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜„

Edit: Apparently the quotes weren't as direct as I thought, since searching for them turned up nothing. I'll try certain keywords.

Edited by Batel.9206

Welp. A few hours and a headache later, I can't find it at all. Keywords turn up nothing, direct quotes turn up nothing, and I scoured once again the entirety of the wiki concerning the various Seraph soldiers all throughout the game...and nothing.

Starting to wonder if I hallucinated this guy. ๐Ÿ˜‚

9 hours ago, Kiltemol.7698 said:

This might be a long shot, but I found this one guy who was arrested for illegal poaching and had to choose between jail or joining the Lionguard.

Wow, sharp eyes (and thank you for looking!), but that's not him. The guy I met was wandering around - when I (foolishly) clicked on the button to leave the low-population map I was on, I of course loaded into the exact same place in the new map...and he was gone from where I'd stopped him on his route. Never found him again.

Only reason I clicked that button in such a hurry (didn't even fully finish the conversation with him) was because I was very new and thought the map would close RIGHT THAT INSTANT...didn't actually read the little pop-up. XD

...hmm, now I'm wondering if the guy wasn't with the Seraph, but the Lionguard...okay, new section of the wiki to scour! ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by Batel.9206

37 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Wow, sharp eyes (and thank you for looking!), but that's not him. The guy I met was wandering around - when I (foolishly) clicked on the button to leave the low-population map I was on, I of course loaded into the exact same place in the new map...and he was gone from where I'd stopped him on his route. Never found him again.

Only reason I clicked that button in such a hurry (didn't even fully finish the conversation with him) was because I was very new and thought the map would close RIGHT THAT INSTANT...didn't actually read the little pop-up. XD

...hmm, now I'm wondering if the guy wasn't with the Seraph, but the Lionguard...okay, new section of the wiki to scour! ๐Ÿ˜„

Well, it was worth the shot. Hope you find him ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, a year later, I've actually found him again...and get this: he's not listed in the wiki. So that's why I couldn't find him! That's baffling.

His name's Callum Raignall. He showed up a little west of Seraph Observers Waypoint in Brisban Wildlands. No idea what triggers his appearance, but evidently it's rare. I've run past that place so many times and he's never been there, until now.

A bit of his dialogue:
ย 

Spoiler

He asks what the player's doing so far from civilization, and if you ask him the same thing, he says, "A former...uh, colleague...said that the bandits in the camp to the south are planning a strike on the Seraph Outpost at Hidden Lake."

You: "A former 'colleague'? What does that mean, exactly?"

He says, "When I was a mite younger, I ran with some bad folks. Did a little forceful redistribution of wealth. Managed to get out, but some of my friends didn't want to give up that life."

When you ask how he got out, he says, "Well, let's just say the Seraph found me and gave me a choice: join them or spend six years in jail. Didn't take to the idea of extended capacity too well, so I joined the Seraph."

(You can then ask him about the impending strike, and he'll tell you a bit about it. His dialogue does not change after the successful completion of 'Defend the Seraph camp until reinforcements arrive' at the waypoint.)

ย 

So I got his quotes wrong a little bit, but even searching his name on the wiki comes up blank. Interesting!

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Thanks 1