Signets: Can we also get Mechanist's signets?

enkeny.6937

Hi, I was reading the skills for the Mechanist, and I start feeling jealous. First it was just Shift Signet, but I take a closer look:

Shift Signet - Signet of the Hunt: 
cd: 25 vs 40
passive: 25% movement speed, boon copy (same duration) vs 25% movement
active: teleport you+pet, stun break, Removes conditions from you AND pet VS unblockable for 10 hit.

others may not this similar, but:

• Force Signet - Signet of the Wild
    cd: 30 vs 40
    10% damge vs 180 ferocity
    knock back vs Immobilize
  • Barrier Signet - Signet of Stone
    cd: 30 vs 80 

-10% all damage vs 180 toughness
    Projectile block + barrier VS invulnerable (conditions are still damaging)

Mechanists has traits to let the passive effects continue while on cd, ad has a skill that actually resurrect your pet. (ok, we can switch pets, so we only need to wait 1 minute to play our main pet again, but I still want revive skill for my pet) 
If the mechanist will be good as the new pet class, can we, rangers as old pet class, also get similar treatments, please? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Signet of stone has an invuln on the active which is better than barrier.

180 ferocity is more than 10% damage it's +12% crits.

It is. But Do you multiply it with crit chance? You may say "it is 100%" but your pet never has 100% crit chance. Hardly has fury! If you are in a not so perfect group and you ar under ~83% crit chance it is lower. (but thanks for pointing out, it is a good signet!)

invulnerable / Immobilize may be better, yes. The cd difference is ok in this case. I raid I may want to use stone signet (yea, good groups...), but 180 toughness make me the tank sometimes.  

What I really want is the boon copy, the others depends. We need the signet for movement speed, a trait-line for some boon copy (similar, but not the same), we don't have ground target teleport, we lost the "Guard" pet positioning, and do we even has skill to remove condition from the pet? Do you all say, there is no need any of this for the core pet profession? 

(I still miss the day, (literally a day) when we has "we heal as one!" boon copy effect. We were good! For 1 day.)

7 minutes ago, enkeny.6937 said:

For 1 skill, I don't want to switch my cute little pets for an ugly mechanical robot...
😀

If you're playing DPS you will be merged on soulbeast.

That also makes movement speed moot as you have +30%.

Edited by Infusion.7149

1 hour ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you're playing DPS you will be merged on soulbeast.

And no need to copy the boons! 
But I still want to play with my pets. 
(btw, we can still do permanent swiftness, and it is +33% 😉 )

5 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Signet of stone has an invuln on the active which is better than barrier.

180 ferocity is more than 10% damage it's +12% crits.

It’s only invulnerable against power damage not condi damage.

Barrier signet is an aoe projectile block on top of aoe pulsing barriers, so yeah it’s quite a bit better than signet of stone for having a lower cooldown.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

It’s only invulnerable against power damage not condi damage.

Barrier signet is an aoe projectile block on top of aoe pulsing barriers, so yeah it’s quite a bit better than signet of stone for having a lower cooldown.

Your likelihood of dying to condis instantly is far lower.

For example hand kite soulbeast uses signet of stone. Be careful what you wish for you might get it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Your likelihood of dying to condis instantly is far lower.

For example hand kite soulbeast uses signet of stone. Be careful what you wish for you might get it.

True, it’s much more unlikely, but then again Raids don’t matter to me, so signet of stone never sees my bar anyway.

I asked for dual pistols for ranger’s eod elite spec, I got a hammer… so yeah, it’s not as if I’m getting what I want anyway, but I would still like our signets to get an update.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

True, it’s much more unlikely, but then again Raids don’t matter to me, so signet of stone never sees my bar anyway.

I asked for dual pistols for ranger’s eod elite spec, I got a hammer… so yeah, it’s not as if I’m getting what I want anyway, but I would still like our signets to get an update.

signet of the wild is also used in WVW on immob soulbeast, so yeh.

Both suggestions are bad.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Just because there are very limited/niche uses for ranger signets doesn’t mean they should have an update done to them.

Yet I see many rangers with signet of stone everywhere. If you take away signet of stone then anyone that wants an invuln has to run a stout pet for unflinching fortitude , bear or something like that.

See also https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/builds/ranger/decap-druid-r71/
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Hand_Kiter

The only signet that could really use looking at is Signet of the Hunt because I mostly see gankers and clueless PVE people using it on soulbeast when there is no need for unblockable and they have 30% movement speed anyway.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Yet I see many rangers with signet of stone everywhere. If you take away signet of stone then anyone that wants an invuln has to run a stout pet for unflinching fortitude , bear or something like that.

See also https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/builds/ranger/decap-druid-r71/
https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Hand_Kiter

The only signet that could really use looking at is Signet of the Hunt because I mostly see gankers and clueless PVE people using it on soulbeast when there is no need for unblockable and they have 30% movement speed anyway.

Those rangers you see running signet of stone are probably anet’s pvp bots. Ahha

So 2 builds between 4 signets, along with gankers and brainless pve chumps accidentally equipping one… limited/niche.

I’m just saying signets need an update, I’m not actually suggesting anything other than they need an update. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Yes. The main reason I want your options are because this signet. The other to signets just for similarity between professions.
Our Signet of renewal is not similar to any signet (maybe the heal signet, but that is a heal skill so...), and no mechanist signet has harmful effect for the pet, like signet of renewal... (we has pet switch yes, but only 1 jaguar (for example) so we need 15-20 sec to reuse our pets)

Shift signet is too potent, in my opinion. And I don't think nerfing is the solution, so why not buff other professions signet like that. It has 2 passive, and active has stunbreak + condition remove, positioning. it is 2 again.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, enkeny.6937 said:

Shift signet is too potent, in my opinion. And I don't think nerfing is the solution, so why not buff other professions signet like that. It has 2 passive, and active has stunbreak + condition remove, positioning. it is 2 again.  

Thinking of thins, What do you think: If Signet of renewal got the boon copy, and the active skill is stunbreak+remove condition from both the ranger and pets? (yes, it is half the effect with bigger cd, but we are rangers, we used to it already 😛 I still would like it!

20 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Thanks for making that point, because some time ago I was skimming through soulbeast on wiki to see if it has speed boost on it's own, failed to find it, and after reading your statement I went into deeper search and realized that indeed there is a trait in beastmastery, that increase pet speed by 30% and that this increase applies to merged soulbeast.

So again, thanks for pointing this out 🙂

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 12:21 AM, enkeny.6937 said:

It is. But Do you multiply it with crit chance? You may say "it is 100%" but your pet never has 100% crit chance. Hardly has fury! If you are in a not so perfect group and you ar under ~83% crit chance it is lower. (but thanks for pointing out, it is a good signet!)

invulnerable / Immobilize may be better, yes. The cd difference is ok in this case. I raid I may want to use stone signet (yea, good groups...), but 180 toughness make me the tank sometimes.  

What I really want is the boon copy, the others depends. We need the signet for movement speed, a trait-line for some boon copy (similar, but not the same), we don't have ground target teleport, we lost the "Guard" pet positioning, and do we even has skill to remove condition from the pet? Do you all say, there is no need any of this for the core pet profession? 

(I still miss the day, (literally a day) when we has "we heal as one!" boon copy effect. We were good! For 1 day.)

Sorry, I was wrong!
Pet can have 100 crit chance. you need high precision pet, beast mastery, Skirmishing: Vicious Quarry (maybe bug) and fury on pet, so Nature magic too. In Pet Management panel crit chance in >99%. Later, I will test if it is correct.