legendary achivment concept issue

hi!

this is just a future thought i have  and dunno where to put this.

But my thought is that for future people that want to craft legendaries

i kept wondering that raids must be signifity decreasing to give other player achivment when anet said that striker missions gonna be the new raid system.

Example: Myself is stuck on envoy armor 1: experimental armor and i assume weapon have similar i guess.

mabey people do raid but at a certain point i think raids will decrease alot at one point.

but who knows mabey anet remake the achivment into striker who knows.

ps this is just a thought in the future how the game could play out never said it will.

Edited by sunnis.7639
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I understand you're concerned about the decreasing popularity of raids and Anet's shift to strikes, but I'm not sure what you're actually suggesting.

Are you saying it should be possible to get legendary armour from strikes instead of/as well as raids?

just stating a fact what could happen  in future and i suggesting the ide for changing achivment over from raids to strike instead but we will see what happen in future. this is just a thought i think could happen in future.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Anet never said raids were replacing strikes. Anet said strikes were made to be a bridge to get more people into raids. Those are very different statements.

More or less. When IBS strikes were released they wanted those strikes to be stepping stones for raids and Anet tried to push players into strikes. At that time raid usage was so low, Anet could not justify developing more raids.

Well, I guess it did not work very well. Thats why Anet changed direction with the EoD-strikes and said, that the EoD-Strikes will also have a CM (not yet released) that will have a raid like challenge/experience.

The EoD-Strike-CMs will be Raids 2.0 that are basically a boss fight. Because the open world, the story-instance and the strikes (normal and CM) share some map/boss/animation/sound assets and some fight mechanics, they will be cheaper to create than "stand alone raids".

So, developing new raids has been replaced with developing new strike-CMs. Raids in GW2 seem to be become old (abandoned) content, like Dungeons, Dragon Response Missions, etc.

Edited by Zok.4956

8 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

More or less. When IBS strikes were released they wanted those strikes to be stepping stones for raids and Anet tried to push players into strikes. At that time raid usage was so low, Anet could not justify developing more raids.

Well, I guess it did not work very well. Thats why Anet changed direction with the EoD-strikes and said, that the EoD-Strikes will also have a CM (not yet released) that will have a raid like challenge/experience.

The EoD-Strike-CMs will be Raids 2.0 that are basically a boss fight. Because the open world, the story-instance and the strikes (normal and CM) share some map/boss/animation/sound assets and some fight mechanics, they will be cheaper to create than "stand alone raids".

So, developing new raids has been replaced with developing new strike-CMs. Raids in GW2 seem to be become old (abandoned) content, like Dungeons, Dragon Response Missions, etc.

Anet never said they changed directions though.  And I don't believe they have.

They saw the first strikes were too easy and didn't provide the ramp they wanted, so they're continuing what they started, with the easier strikes over all in IBS and then harder ones in EoD.  I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure Anet has not given up on raids yet, and there's no actual evidence that they had. They did say until the full set of strikes are out, they won't try raids again however.  Presumably these strikes are closer to what they're looking for.

25 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Anet never said they changed directions though.

True. And I did not expect them to say if they changed direction. Anet very rarely is doing this type of transparent communication. But how they communicated the EoD Strikes 2.0 compared the IBS strikes 1.0 it is very likely that they have changed direction, in some way. Or they would just have continued with the strikes like how they were in IBS. IBS strikes were planned as "stepping stones" for raids (but not as a raid like challenge). EoD-CM-Strikes are planned to have a raid like challenge.

36 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure Anet has not given up on raids yet, and there's no actual evidence that they had.

The studio wrote after the HoT release that raid participation is usually low in a game where raiding is not the primary game mode but that raids in GW2 have a lot more participation compared to those other games and that Anet was happy about the raid participation. And a year (or so) ago the studio wrote that the raid participation is way to low to justify developing more raids.

Of course there will be some happy people at Anet, if more players are playing raids. It is already existing content and the content can be fun. About: "has not given up yet". Sure, like they have not "given up yet" on WvW for years (but they still more or less abandoned/neglected that game mode for years). Like Colin Johanson once liked to say years ago: "nothing is off the table". 

2 minutes ago, Zok.4956 said:

True. And I did not expect them to say if they changed direction. Anet very rarely is doing this type of transparent communication. But how they communicated the EoD Strikes 2.0 compared the IBS strikes 1.0 it is very likely that they have changed direction, in some way. Or they would just have continued with the strikes like how they were in IBS. IBS strikes were planned as "stepping stones" for raids (but not as a raid like challenge). EoD-CM-Strikes are planned to have a raid like challenge.

The studio wrote after the HoT release that raid participation is usually low in a game where raiding is not the primary game mode but that raids in GW2 have a lot more participation compared to those other games and that Anet was happy about the raid participation. And a year (or so) ago the studio wrote that the raid participation is way to low to justify developing more raids.

Of course there will be some happy people at Anet, if more players are playing raids. It is already existing content and the content can be fun. About: "has not given up yet". Sure, like they have not "given up yet" on WvW for years (but they still more or less abandoned/neglected that game mode for years). Like Colin Johanson once liked to say years ago: "nothing is off the table". 

Not what I meant. I've had Anet devs in my guild over the years and there are Anet devs who are actually enthusiastic about raids in general and raiding.  Those devs WANT to make more raids. They need to justify it. The whole idea of building a ramp was to get enough people up there so they can justify it.

And they haven't given up on WvW, since they alliance beta is around the corner. This has nothing to do with nothing is off the table. I'm telling you I believe they haven't given up on it, not that it's something they'd eventually want to do but really don't care. It's not like that at all.   I can only tell you what I know from speaking to devs I was friendly with, mind you. Whether that situation has since changed, I have no idea, but I strongly suspect it hasn't.

59 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Not what I meant. I've had Anet devs in my guild over the years and there are Anet devs who are actually enthusiastic about raids in general and raiding.  Those devs WANT to make more raids. They need to justify it. The whole idea of building a ramp was to get enough people up there so they can justify it.

I do believe you. That's not what I meant. There are a lot of devs that are passionate about what they do and like in the game. I even think that the DE-meta (and the intial DE-meta/strike requirement for the turtle) is in part a result of that some devs want to (again) push (more) players into more challenging content to justify more raids.

I do not know how and if the studio is coordinating all these different devs ideas (sometimes it seems, there is no coordination) but there is always a difference about what devs would like to do and what "the studio" is deciding to spent money for.

59 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

And they haven't given up on WvW, since they alliance beta is around the corner. This has nothing to do with nothing is off the table. I'm telling you I believe they haven't given up on it, not that it's something they'd eventually want to do but really don't care.

The Topic "World Restructuring" was created in January 2018, has 128 pages, and there was no progress/communication for years.

Yes, there are probably devs that were always passionate about WvW, but Anet "The Studio" decided (more or less without communication to players) for years not to put (a lot) devs/ressources into WvW and neglected the mode for years.

Yes, I know, that not long ago, "the studio" announced that WvW is now seen as "a cornerstone" and that it will get more ressources. I played the WvW alliance betas myself.

The mentioning of WvW should just have been an example, that "the studio" does not really communicate (a lot), if they remove ressources from one part of a game and abandon/neglect that game mode (for some time or for years or forever).

Edited by Zok.4956