Dragon's End achievement bugged?

it feels like half of the remaining DE cheevos that count for mastery are broken.

Out of the 6 left that count towards the achievement 2 of them are broken, 1 is near impossible to complete, i thought another was broken but just got it after the third try doing the exact same thing 3 times in a row.

2 will just take a long time personally for me to do,  that's leaves 1 for some reason i haven't done yet in all this time here and i'm sitting at 23/25 for finishing this map mastery.  😞 so i guess hold out and deadplay will be the ones i'll have to complete which isn't so bad and a strange diet is an option too but it feels like i'll have to fish all of tyria first just to finish Dragon's End map.  😞 😞 😞

edit: and as far as i can tell dead play isn't playing with shrine guardian infants as much as it is playing with hidden crates. 😕

double edit: simpleminded is it broken or just confusing to understand? someone mentioned in map today that maybe you have to find 5 pairs of 2 in one event. for it to count (1) time??? that's not how i read it.

"Strike 2 or more naga looters at once 5 times using local treasures."

Am I wrong to think this means i have to hit 2 looters at once and that will count 1 time. because nothing happens when i do that. Or do I have to hit 5pairs in 1 event for the whole achievement? OR is it you have to hit 5pairs in 1 event and that will count only once. then do it again 5 more times? It's either bugged or the explanation of what to do is confusing.

As far as Holdout goes i did not see any indication on the map as to where this is located when its up. I won't spoil it here but i had been all over the map and never saw it. Finally today found it by the kindness of another player after asking multiple times in chat over the last 2 weeks and trying to google and finding nothing.

Deadplays- description is misleading as to what you need to look for. but wiki has been updated so it isn't a headache now.

A Strange Diet- should of been a Cantha achieve and not a Dragon's End achievement as you basically need to fish all of the planet first in order to complete this.

Dragon'sEnd (corporate) Culture: Xunlai Jade - feels impossible to do. Others have gone into detail about it. i won't bother repeating the issues here.

Tsunami Dodger - according to others seems broken. I wonder if you have to to dodge ALL wave attacks in order for it to count once or is it per wave. Per wave can't be it because i've gotten nothing for that. It could be dodge all - but i can't confirm whether or not that works as of yet.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:30 AM, Kelly.7019 said:

it feels like half of the remaining DE cheevos that count for mastery are broken.

Out of the 6 left that count towards the achievement 2 of them are broken, 1 is near impossible to complete, i thought another was broken but just got it after the third try doing the exact same thing 3 times in a row.

2 will just take a long time personally for me to do,  that's leaves 1 for some reason i haven't done yet in all this time here and i'm sitting at 23/25 for finishing this map mastery.  😞 so i guess hold out and deadplay will be the ones i'll have to complete which isn't so bad and a strange diet is an option too but it feels like i'll have to fish all of tyria first just to finish Dragon's End map.  😞 😞 😞

edit: and as far as i can tell dead play isn't playing with shrine guardian infants as much as it is playing with hidden crates. 😕

double edit: simpleminded is it broken or just confusing to understand? someone mentioned in map today that maybe you have to find 5 pairs of 2 in one event. for it to count (1) time??? that's not how i read it.

"Strike 2 or more naga looters at once 5 times using local treasures."

Am I wrong to think this means i have to hit 2 looters at once and that will count 1 time. because nothing happens when i do that. Or do I have to hit 5pairs in 1 event for the whole achievement? OR is it you have to hit 5pairs in 1 event and that will count only once. then do it again 5 more times? It's either bugged or the explanation of what to do is confusing.

As far as Holdout goes i did not see any indication on the map as to where this is located when its up. I won't spoil it here but i had been all over the map and never saw it. Finally today found it by the kindness of another player after asking multiple times in chat over the last 2 weeks and trying to google and finding nothing.

Deadplays- description is misleading as to what you need to look for. but wiki has been updated so it isn't a headache now.

A Strange Diet- should of been a Cantha achieve and not a Dragon's End achievement as you basically need to fish all of the planet first in order to complete this.

Dragon'sEnd (corporate) Culture: Xunlai Jade - feels impossible to do. Others have gone into detail about it. i won't bother repeating the issues here.

Tsunami Dodger - according to others seems broken. I wonder if you have to to dodge ALL wave attacks in order for it to count once or is it per wave. Per wave can't be it because i've gotten nothing for that. It could be dodge all - but i can't confirm whether or not that works as of yet.

The quest chain where you have the to get the jade sorted is near impossible to finish. People tend to leave after they sort out the jade and the cart gets corrupted cause folks tends to ignore the mobs bar. As for simple minded I thought that was the case too but it's really hard to get 5 pairs in one go unless if you're in an empty map.

5 hours ago, Veka.8710 said:

The quest chain where you have the to get the jade sorted is near impossible to finish. People tend to leave after they sort out the jade and the cart gets corrupted cause folks tends to ignore the mobs bar. As for simple minded I thought that was the case too but it's really hard to get 5 pairs in one go unless if you're in an empty map.

not that I want to talk it down, because that questline scales horrible, but it is doable if literally nobody is afk at the waypoint. that might be the case on empty closing maps, but also on organized meta runs, where the squad is collecting their event stacks.

what is very important for the second event currently: don't bother CCing and don't even think about using condi. just burst the enemies down with power dmg. I did one sled alone on DH for most of the time this way and got the achievement on the end, because the other few people on the other sleds did basically the same. but beware, if there are too many people, it still scales badly and is near impossible.

Edited by doenerfritze.2648
better explanation
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, doenerfritze.2648 said:

not that I want to talk it down, because that questline scales horrible, but it is doable if literally nobody is afk at the waypoint. that might be the case on empty closing maps, but also on organized meta runs, where the squad is collecting their event stacks.

what is very important for the second event currently: don't bother CCing and don't even think about using condi. just burst the enemies down with power dmg. I did one sled alone on DH for most of the time this way and got the achievement on the end, because the other few people on the other sleds did basically the same. but beware, if there are too many people, it still scales badly and is near impossible.

Oh? That's helpful to know, thanks for advice! I'll try that with a couple of buddies later.