Core player returning: are the LW seasons worth it?

I've been thinking about buying the large expansion bundle with the 4000 gems so I can pick up all the LW story seasons while I'm at it, but I'd like to know if there is enough content and rewards in them to justify the price. All I've really learned about them is that you get some new maps and obviously the new story missions. Is there anything else to it that makes the seasons must-have?

Yes,

S4 : 2 mount + useful masteries for mount + a good map for farming + access to some nice stats (diviner, plaguedoctor) 

S5(icebrood saga) : some good masteries (legion waystation, mount stealth), an excellent farming map, and strike mission

S3 : good for ascended trinket mostly

S2 : not really worth it, actually, unless you got them all as you can get a legendary amulet with all the LW

And I'm not counting all the armor, weapons, back skin and mini

Edited by Shuzuru.3651
  • Like 4

Yes they're worth the price.

LW seasons are comparable to expansions, but without the elite specs and other extra features. As well as the storylines the maps have a bunch of their own events and activities, achievements, items and skins to collect etc. Season 4 is also required to get the skyscale mount. There's also a legendary amulet available by completing a series of achievements across all the seasons.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Yes,

S4 : 2 mount + useful masteries for mount + a good map for farming + access to some nice stats (diviner, plaguedoctor) 

S5(icebrood saga) : some good masteries (legion waystation, mount stealth), an excellent farming map, and strike mission

S2 : not really worth it, actually, unless you got them all as you can get a legendary amulet with all the LW

S2 is not only 8 easy mastery points, but if you do all the LS Season of Dragons you can a legendary amulet, a EOD precursor, a 32 slot bag, an ascended weapon of your choice and a bunch  of mystic coins, unided dyes, some black lion skins.  Yeah even Season 2 is worth it.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the great replies, I wanted to invest in a game that I could play for a long time and always have something new or interesting to work towards, so the content-to-price ratio was one of my biggest questions. After reading over all the stuff you can get with the seasons buying them makes a lot more sense.

Honestly, other than lacking new elite specializations, I think both LW Season 3 and 4 are a better investment than the new expansion.  More new maps, more new stories, and it makes getting ascended trinkets much easier.  The new mounts in LW S4 are good as well.  A lot of replayable stuff. 

I should add - no slightly against Ice Brood Saga - I haven't finished playing it yet!  So I can't really comment on it.  So far, so good.

Edited by Rokeb.3815
Adding stuff.

18 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Yes,

This, and all the sutff you can get from achievements, in S3 you can get Aurora, in S4 Vision. And if you have all, like you said, legendary amulet!

Doing most of what each season has to offer will take a loooong while, so yeah, there's no shortage of content there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

S2 is not only 8 easy mastery points, but if you do all the LS Season of Dragons you can a legendary amulet, a EOD precursor, a 32 slot bag, an ascended weapon of your choice and a bunch  of mystic coins, unided dyes, some black lion skins.  Yeah even Season 2 is worth it.

Yeah, I mentioned the legendary amulet, that's why I said, "worth it if you have all the other LW"

But other than that, and considering it cost 33% more than the other seasons, it's really lacking, from a rationnal point of view

1 hour ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Yeah, I mentioned the legendary amulet, that's why I said, "worth it if you have all the other LW"

But other than that, and considering it cost 33% more than the other seasons, it's really lacking, from a rationnal point of view

I think you're be surprised how many people want to play the story for the story and miss as little as possible. I also think when you're catching up on story, getting those 8 mastery points really helps, because a lot of people really feel behind.

There's no rational cost from your point of view. There was certainly a rational reason to buy it from mine. I'd never skip story if I didn't have to.  And I'm an achievement point hunter anyway and I'd get a boatload of achievement points from it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Yeah, no Season 2 is boring, but well, you can't get the amulet without it so i guess that inflates its worth a bit? 

Definitely doesn't have as much as other seasons, but you kinda need to get it if you're shooting for return to achievements.

Well, for S2, if I remember well, story can be made if you have a friend to play with

The only things purely locked is story achievement and the rewards tied to it (ascended trinket with not super used stat and a few mastery point, the rest is map drop, and of course, the ap)

So from a numerical point of view (content/cost ratio), it's lacking compared to the others. 

But yeah, for the third time, totally worth it for the amulet if you have them all 😉

1 minute ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, for S2, if I remember well, story can be made if you have a friend to play with

The only things purely locked is story achievement and the rewards tied to it (ascended trinket with not super used stat and a few mastery point, the rest is map drop, and of course, the ap)

So from a numerical point of view (content/cost ratio), it's lacking compared to the others. 

But yeah, for the third time, totally worth it for the amulet if you have them all 😉

But you can't get the mastery points or the achievement points if you don't own it.

Yeah, 

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, truly, but did you read my post? 

Because I stated all those points on my post, I was just saying it's light compared to the cost, comparatively to the others seasons (minus the amulet, who is high value but required all the lw)