Enough with the plot armor already. (SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.)

So I'm replaying the EoD story on my ranger, shooting bad guys left and right, having a grand ol' time just pew-pew-ing away. I get to the confrontation with Annka and Soo-Won blah blah blah I'm just gonna stand here and let Annka be Annka.... wait a goddamn minute.  Why the hell am I just standing here?  I'm a ranger.  I have a longbow.  I can totally snipe this little demented wannabe scarlet terrorist from here. I just have to tab/click on Annka and press 2... oh wait I CAN'T because plot.

I get that you wanted to have some sort of antagonist, but COME ON!  Why the hell would you put the enemy within range and not let us kill them outright? You really expect us to believe that our characters would just stand there and let this kitten happen? My character would have put an entire volley of Rapid Fire into the skull of that demented wannabe scarlet before letting her use that extractor on Soo-Won.  Story should have ended right there. Crisis averted. Soo-Won stays secure. Cantha maintains its power grid. We don't deal with that whack-kitten meta with rewards that aren't worth the effort after the first success. The commander/dragon slayer SAVES a dragon (what a twist!). Gorrik get his revenge.  Everyone is happy.  But noooooo.

For future reference, devs: don't put the enemy NPC within range and make them un-attackable because plot. It's like a bad movie!  At least put them on some way out-of-range unreachable platform. To have our characters literally stand there and let it happen is just insulting. That's just bad writing and it breaks immersion. You guys can do better. I know you can do better. You're a great development team but this is something I cannot overlook and you need to be criticized for it.

Also, bring back more GW1 weapon/armor skins. The time is ripe to bring back the Elite Kurzick Warrior armor from GW1. My debit card is ready.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

I was expecting a thread about Taimi's literal plot armor on two levels : 
- Play the "I dont have much time left" card at the end of ibs/start of eod, but
- Joon's jade armor relieves Taimi of the pain because [jademagic]

that annoyed me tbh.. they kill off 2 new (ish) and interesting characters..but not the one that sounded like she was dying.

I love that Taimi exists, I do. But this jade tech made her disability meaningless. Oh look, harness you don't even notice = cured. 

Well with the jade tech failing, I suppose that will fail too? It should. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

So I'm replaying the EoD story on my ranger, shooting bad guys left and right, having a grand ol' time just pew-pew-ing away. I get to the confrontation with Annka and Soo-Won blah blah blah I'm just gonna stand here and let Annka be Annka.... wait a goddamn minute.  Why the hell am I just standing here?  I'm a ranger.  I have a longbow.  I can totally snipe this little demented wannabe scarlet terrorist from here. I just have to tab/click on Annka and press 2... oh wait I CAN'T because plot.

I get that you wanted to have some sort of antagonist, but COME ON!  Why the hell would you put the enemy within range and not let us kill them outright? You really expect us to believe that our characters would just stand there and let this kitten happen? My character would have put an entire volley of Rapid Fire into the skull of that demented wannabe scarlet before letting her use that extractor on Soo-Won.  Story should have ended right there. Crisis averted. Soo-Won stays secure. Cantha maintains its power grid. We don't deal with that whack-kitten meta with rewards that aren't worth the effort after the first success. The commander/dragon slayer SAVES a dragon (what a twist!). Gorrik get his revenge.  Everyone is happy.  But noooooo.

For future reference, devs: don't put the enemy NPC within range and make them un-attackable because plot. It's like a bad movie!  At least put them on some way out-of-range unreachable platform. To have our characters literally stand there and let it happen is just insulting. That's just bad writing and it breaks immersion. You guys can do better. I know you can do better. You're a great development team but this is something I cannot overlook and you need to be criticized for it.

Also, bring back more GW1 weapon/armor skins. The time is ripe to bring back the Elite Kurzick Warrior armor from GW1. My debit card is ready.

Would'nt be much of a boss fight, now would it.

Just head canon your character tried to shoot her and she spun up a void magic shield.

Edited by Taygus.4571

2 minutes ago, Taygus.4571 said:

The true question is why didnt she go the Blish route. That guy already was the true best asura in the entire game and lead the way to greatness.
Maybe she'll literally become Scruffy 3.0 w/ jade/void stuff

5 minutes ago, Taclism.2406 said:

The true question is why didnt she go the Blish route. That guy already was the true best asura in the entire game and lead the way to greatness.
Maybe she'll literally become Scruffy 3.0 w/ jade/void stuff

Not everyone would choose a life in a robot body.. Kinda missing out on the sensual pleasures of life that way.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Arenanet will probably let Joon and Taimi find an alternate source of energy to charge the jade within Season 6.

As long as it happens off screen without any communication next time i see Loon she better be apologizing for that temper tantrum.

• Haha 1

I mean its a MMORPG, usually story is kinda wack lol. Remember where we come from. We went from killing bandits in Queensdale wearing some stinky rugs, to literally command the world's human military fleet killing Gods and Elder Dragon.

It is what it is

Edited by RedTheCrazy.1028

13 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

I'm with you on the GW1 weapon & armour skins.

My scrapper wants his tetsubo!

9 hours ago, Taygus.4571 said:

that annoyed me tbh.. they kill off 2 new (ish) and interesting characters..but not the one that sounded like she was dying.

I love that Taimi exists, I do. But this jade tech made her disability meaningless. Oh look, harness you don't even notice = cured. 

About taimi, I'm pretty sure they mentioned that she isn't cured, but that the jade tech solved some problems making her state from "critical" to "ok for now?"

So, technically speaking, she is still doomed, it's only buying her some time

19 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

I wondered the exact same thing. This bothers me in every game, but especially in this one. Seems overused. "The bad guy is right there! Let's shoot 'em!...oh...no...we can't because...reasons. Or they have a magical force bubble that makes them invulnerable. Or they're just invulnerable, also for...reasons!"

it would be funny if in the next story we have to fight an enemy that just blah blahs about his evil plan and you get an achivement if you let him finish blablahing untill you kill him, but it als hs an achivement to just attack when you can "why dont you just shoot him?" and the boss has complain dialogues that you didnt listen to its awesome grand plan.