Why are EoD strike rewards weekly and shards capped?

I never really bothered doing the old strike after I completed them like 1-2 times. But the new ones are quite fun, and I like them. I truly believe that they are finally a valid "road to raiding" experience, with stuff like minister Li giving people some personal responsibility with "numbers" mechanic, and Harvest Temple which by itself could be a raid encounter no problem.

...yet it kinda sucks that the 'cool' rewards are weekly. You only get 1 coffer per week, and the shards are hard capped at ~150/week anyway. There is not a lot of them, so doing them only once and then have nothing to do for the rest of the week is kinda boring. Imagine being a raid player, but having only one raid wing to clear each week.

I feel like at least the shard cap should be bigger so that you can do daily full clear for a couple more clovers or whatever. Especially since IBS saga give daily rewards I think? Now you do a weekly clear, maybe some dailies, spend 100 shards on mystic coins, get like 1-2 purchases of clovers and... that's it. Kinda meh.

Edited by Zychuu.7294
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Zychuu.7294 said:

You only get 1 coffer per week, and the shards are hard capped at ~150/week anyway. There is not a lot of them, so doing them only once and then have nothing to do for the rest of the week is kinda boring. Imagine being a raid player, but having only one raid wing to clear each week

Welcome to the world of raiding. :classic_cool: That's pretty much the way almost every western MMO structures the instanced endgame.

Since GW2 has horizontal character progression, people are probably supposed to do older strikes and raids every week as well. If I remember correctly, you pretty much have to raid for many weeks to farm materials for your legendary PvE armor set per armor class anyway. If you only do the EoD strike weekly, one armor set takes three years or so to complete.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It seems you should at least be able to get 260 shards per week... this allows you to buy all of the weekly items... if the cap is 150 then really u gotta choose between summoning stone... coins... or clovers. Its already a hard nerf on coin gains.  Before I was getting 14 per week from running t4+recs daily.  This gives just over 300 relics per day for about an hour per day time investment.  Now... presumably i only need to do 5 days t4 to get the 10 but now have to do all the strikes to get the extra 5 on top of this.  Takes way longer than 2 hours to get 150 relics. So really there is this whole new time commitment to get back where we started.  After noticing something strange about relic gains... I finally find out that there is a cap.  This makes matters worse.  Now it seems Im left having to pick and choose what items im gonna invest in.  I thought the whole idea was to facilitate lege crafting.  This just makes it all very weird.  i like the strikes and would be happy doing daily multiple runs... however with no real reward it seems pointless getting into it. What you get out of the default box is pure garbage.  It is good because at least coin prices have come down to sensible levels so buying coins to get the clovers is less painful but really Id like to be able to get coins and clovers and stones all in a week.If the cap is 150 then I cant even get the stone and clovers all together.  If i choose coins then my clover gains will go way down.  It all feels like kitten to me.  Really... they need to sort it out,  Im hoping the introcuction of CM and perhaps more strikes will sort this mess out... right now its just frustrating and irritating... really.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Naro.5496 said:

It seems you should at least be able to get 260 shards per week... this allows you to buy all of the weekly items... if the cap is 150 then really u gotta choose between summoning stone... coins... or clovers. Its already a hard nerf on coin gains.  Before I was getting 14 per week from running t4+recs daily.  This gives just over 300 relics per day for about an hour per day time investment.  Now... presumably i only need to do 5 days t4 to get the 10 but now have to do all the strikes to get the extra 5 on top of this.  Takes way longer than 2 hours to get 150 relics. So really there is this whole new time commitment to get back where we started.  After noticing something strange about relic gains... I finally find out that there is a cap.  This makes matters worse.  Now it seems Im left having to pick and choose what items im gonna invest in.  I thought the whole idea was to facilitate lege crafting.  This just makes it all very weird.  i like the strikes and would be happy doing daily multiple runs... however with no real reward it seems pointless getting into it. What you get out of the default box is pure garbage.  It is good because at least coin prices have come down to sensible levels so buying coins to get the clovers is less painful but really Id like to be able to get coins and clovers and stones all in a week.If the cap is 150 then I cant even get the stone and clovers all together.  If i choose coins then my clover gains will go way down.  It all feels like kitten to me.  Really... they need to sort it out,  Im hoping the introcuction of CM and perhaps more strikes will sort this mess out... right now its just frustrating and irritating... really.

Not sure how more content that will make you hit the cap faster will help you get more resources.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I would assume it was capped more for the economy. If I can buy both Mystic Clovers and Mystic Coins, I only need half as many Mystic Coins so I'm only going to spend half as much.

Now apply this mentality to other players doing Strikes and demand for Mystic Coins goes down which in tern would further decrease the value of Mystic Coins and Spiral into decreased interest from new players to Learn the new Strikes as they wouldn't be as rewarding.

Edited by Xerxez.7361
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Naro.5496 said:

It seems you should at least be able to get 260 shards per week... this allows you to buy all of the weekly items... if the cap is 150 then really u gotta choose between summoning stone... coins... or clovers. I

I don't think any thought was put into EoD rewards as a whole. The entire expansion feels very unrewarding gold/hour wise and has basically no unique rewards to grind for.

They put out a fishing rod cash shop skin better than the one that requires catching every single fish 2 weeks after release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Its seens they hired PWE(Pay for Win Entertainment) do to this xpac, because is hard cap everywhere.

Not only strikes, but map exclusive ores on DE and Echovald have hard caps. in DE u can only mine 60 jadeite per day. if they want control that resource why not limit the nodes like other maps? the hard cap make the thing feel a scam.

Cap, cap, cap, timegate, timegate, timegate in everything.

remember IBS strikes don't have currency cap and still ppl do it.

Raids is becoming a dead game mode. hard cap don't hold playerbase.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 4

35 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Its seens they hired PWE(Pay for Win Entertainment) do to this xpac, because is hard cap everywhere.

Not only strikes, but map exclusive ores on DE and Echovald have hard caps. in DE u can only mine 60 jadeite per day. if they want control that resource why not limit the nodes like other maps? the hard cap make the thing feel a scam.

Cap, cap, cap, timegate, timegate, timegate in everything.

remember IBS strikes don't have currency cap and still ppl do it.

Raids is becoming a dead game mode. hard cap don't hold playerbase.

If it's Pay to Win then I can get above said cap by paying, except I can't pay anywhere to get above the cap.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If it's Pay to Win then I can get above said cap by paying, except I can't pay anywhere to get above the cap.

sry but is hard to me express myself ia nerd-talk.

Let me try drawn it.

PWE is famous for pay to win.

PWE love hard cap.

This xpac seems going same direction as PWE games.

I have a friend who is an autistic teacher, I can get some tips from her later on how to translate "subtleties".

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4