Please SAB world 3 this year

hugo.4705

Really, underwater, cantha launch, it is time. World 3 is obviously starting with sparkiling pools, followed by an underwater levels, caverns to exit them and who knows surely the kaiser snake as world 3 Boss. Too many things happened, between Bonnie Kunderah with SAB banner behind, speaking of SAB the novel; the sequel. The post you made Anet a few year ago telling "If it is not this year (2020) or the year after (2021) we will be tinkering on it". I really hope this is not words in the void.

Even with this year, if i dunno for why reasons you why fish achievements to SAB, I estimate, we can at least have two new zones? I don't ask you a full fledged world at this points, but two new zones. W3-1 Sparkling pools and W3-2 Underwater Caves.  They don't need to be like pain cliffs, make them just like Sunny glade / Dark woods. (World 1).

We even had recently, the glitches with W3 image in them and choya mining, like they were mining a code to find out how it works.

Of course there are SAB haters, and they will never disapear, and as part of a SAB lovers, we will never disapear too. End the story, save princess Miya. Finish that wholesome adventure with so many very good trailers all over youtube.

It is not the support that is missing. Even in the last threads, DuskK, the composer of SAB metal themes said he would be Ok to make new remixes for the boom boxes with new themes.

SAB is part of guild wars 2, you can't ignore it, it is the only festival not finished, and it is a real shame. Don't let it die, continue to realease related Guild Halls Decorations, continue to add Items upgrades in it. And most importantly, continue to develop the worlds. I will never have enough words to express to Joshua Foreman my gratitude for that awesome project and festival that is SAB. I will not develop more, I already made, in the past, a post where I gave you plans and ideas about the remaining zones. (See my message signature)

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

While it's too late to ask for world 3 to be shipped this year if they didnt already start working on it, Just wanna chime in that there's a sizeable amount of people interested in suffering for music boxes and glowy red pixel skins  this jumping puzzle festival and it's easily either my favorite or second favorite festival, with Mad King/Halloween being the other. 

• Like 1

Probably isn't happening, with the rushed S5 ending and seemingly rushed expansion. With covid setbacks and what not, i cannot imagine its high in the priorities. With that said, i would be happy to just get a material storage for SAB stuff. Just Baubles and Bubble Baubles would do... but continue tokens would be nice too. Would let me store my baubles from home instance without having to bank them. 

• Like 2

If you talk to Moto in Rata Sum, you can ask him:

"I'm really hoping for a new level one year."

His reply:

"I know that waiting can be hard, but I want you and other fans of the Box to know that I'm striving to meet those hopes!"

Wether you keep believing him is up to you 😉 .

• Like 2

It was clear that there wouldn't be any world 3 at this festival in march/april. Would have been too soon after the expansion release. The deves were busy with creating the expansion and players are still busy completing achievements there.

If the next expansion is only in a few years (more than 2 years) again ... they might fit in another world next year. With the future livign world stuff maybe not being that important or getting releases too often.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

We do get some new skins though, the hard light weapons are especially cool. Going to be doing tribulation mode again tonight; my only wish is they'd remove infinite continue coins so it wouldn't be possible to cheese through it. I am howeve4 confident that tribulation cloud on w2z2 will be taking plenty of souls to the afterlife this April.

Yeah the new skins seem nice. Also the Kodan vendor again. And some Plush item. Let's see if they are making an achievement for those as well. (Someone wondered about this at one of the previous festivals. Cause they are basically only ascended stuff and expensive.)

I think with this they are slowly moving forward to "finalizing" the rewards. Other festivals getting the weeklies. Here the new daily with the box with the weapons as possible drop. More armor might happen here - with the future annuals.

I guess future worlds will only bring 1 new color of skins (from tribulation) and  of course the new stuff inside the boxes worlds.

On a side note: Who is the "new friend" in Arborstone mentioned in the patch notes? And where is the SAB book? I guess in the hub and in the cave? Going to start playing now. Did not really have time earlier and just read the notes.

And I do not think the infinite continue coin is "cheesing" - you could still get a lot of normal continue coins. And tribulation mode is still pretty hard. Took me hours of training for each zone the first time I did it. (Fortunately could complete the collection for world 2 last year - for the infusion.) It is saving resources for buying other stuff on the vendor though ... and a clever item for the gem store that is actually worth buying.

Edited by Luthan.5236

• 3 months later...

I just made a concept song for world 3 zone 2 in my tracker(as I believe they previously had a world 3 zone 1 in a past years event, but Im not sure if it had music or not). I'd also love to see Super Adventure Box continued. It's one of the only events I look forward to every year. I'd literally finish it myself if given the opportunity.

• Confused 1

• 5 months later...

World 3 next year please Anet its already been so many years since the last world update. Now that the dragon saga is over surely you could spare the resources to finish sab. I'm still holding on so much hope that sab will one day finally be completed it is easily my fav event on this game and any other game/mmo that I've played. Please Anet dont abandon sab.

• Thanks 1

The problem is that for all content, doing X means that person is not doing Y.  So it is not like Anet have folks sitting around doing nothing and could suddenly work work on SAB.  And at this point, I really doubt that adding a W3 will add any number of new players or retain any significant number.

Instead, they some to focus on adding minor new things so people who played through them before can go find those little pieces (glitches) that got added, but it probably isn't taking them much time to do add those glitches.

So I would suspect any resources would be more likely spent on actual new content to keep players playing or fixing annoyances in old content that is driving players away

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

The problem is that for all content, doing X means that person is not doing Y.  So it is not like Anet have folks sitting around doing nothing and could suddenly work work on SAB.  And at this point, I really doubt that adding a W3 will add any number of new players or retain any significant number.

Instead, they some to focus on adding minor new things so people who played through them before can go find those little pieces (glitches) that got added, but it probably isn't taking them much time to do add those glitches.

So I would suspect any resources would be more likely spent on actual new content to keep players playing or fixing annoyances in old content that is driving players away

That same argument was made for not bringing back LWS1. Still, they found time to have people do that.

It should be noted that ArenaNet has a dedicated Festival Team. This team was, at least in part, related to bringing back LWS1. They're the folks who have added the new Halloween, SAB, DB, FotFW, and Wintersday content that gets made every few years. It's a small team as far as I know, probably gets called in to help with other stuff, but it's there. And their primary focus is festivals - including SAB. They've even worked on SAB, having added the Furniture Coins or the Glitch choyas a few years back.

So if they put this team to work on SAB W3Z1, they wouldn't be pulling resources from the new content - just other festivals.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

That same argument was made for not bringing back LWS1. Still, they found time to have people do that.

It should be noted that ArenaNet has a dedicated Festival Team. This team was, at least in part, related to bringing back LWS1. They're the folks who have added the new Halloween, SAB, DB, FotFW, and Wintersday content that gets made every few years. It's a small team as far as I know, probably gets called in to help with other stuff, but it's there. And their primary focus is festivals - including SAB. They've even worked on SAB, having added the Furniture Coins or the Glitch choyas a few years back.

So if they put this team to work on SAB W3Z1, they wouldn't be pulling resources from the new content - just other festivals.

If there is a dedicated festival team (not disagreeing with you, just dont recall a statement to that effect myself) which is expected to be called in to help with other stuff as you state, then active development of a world 3 would impact their ability to contribute to that other stuff you reference.

Of course all of this is speculation because the specifics of the size of a possible festival team, how much they contribute to non-festival development, etc is unknown to us as players.

And yes, they did find people to work on LS1 because they felt it was necessary to ensure that the main story was comprehensible for new players. And yes this does mean that some unknown number of developer hours were not allocated to developing new content.

Edited by Ashen.2907

I could see with the steam release, there was a strong desire to have the LWS1 come back.  It had been a recurring complaint that after you finish the core store, you hop into LWS2 and have no clue why you are with your new companions - LWS1 fixes that.

I could imagine that for some players, they run into that and say "I'm totally lost, and if this is how the storytelling goes, I don't want to go further" and then quit.  No everyone may research that it was just an LWS1 thing, or find sources for the recap. So I think bringing back LWS1 made sense.

It is also hard to say how many resources it took - probably a bit since it was spread out, but then again, one would hope a lot of the prior content could get recycled (voice acting, graphics, etc) so probably still less work than creating a new LWS season.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:27 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

If there is a dedicated festival team (not disagreeing with you, just dont recall a statement to that effect myself) which is expected to be called in to help with other stuff as you state, then active development of a world 3 would impact their ability to contribute to that other stuff you reference.

Of course all of this is speculation because the specifics of the size of a possible festival team, how much they contribute to non-festival development, etc is unknown to us as players.

And yes, they did find people to work on LS1 because they felt it was necessary to ensure that the main story was comprehensible for new players. And yes this does mean that some unknown number of developer hours were not allocated to developing new content.

Even if we assume it'll take away a decent chunk of "new content" elsewhere, it's still a pretty poor argument, since that argument basically claims that no festival or side content should ever get new things added to do. Which is something - as I pointed out already - that we know doesn't happen. Every few years, every festival has gotten some new content (even the neglected stepchild festival aka Lunar New Year).

But here's the thing: MMOs are not solely exclusively the main story and endgame, and above that, people want new content for festivals - and for SAB, that desire is in World 3. Hell, I'd even argue that the side story content is the best part of GW2's narratives - festivals included.

Will work on World 3 mean less work on something else? Sure. Most of it will be other festival stuff for the year. But that doesn't mean it'd be a bad move - it's something that players want after all.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086